VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarD & N
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Morocco
Gina & Dara
K1 Visa
Ireland
blank avatarAmerican & Canadian
K1 Visa
Canada
Jessica & Efrem
K1 Visa
South Africa
blank avatarBrian & Matt
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
United Kingdom
Yolanda & Leury
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Dominican Republic
blank avatarCatherine & Christopher
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
United Kingdom
Gilbert & Colin
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
United Kingdom
Jerry & Irina
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Ukraine

Visa Interviews Today: Good Luck!!

Carlos & Martha
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Dominican Republic
blank avatarVL & PM
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
India
blank avatarPhillip & Jhoanna
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Dominican Republic
Jenny & Ray Saul
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Dominican Republic
blank avataramgad & baraka
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Saudi Arabia
blank avatarLes & Patrick
K1 Visa
Germany
Yamna & Ayaz
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Pakistan
Fred & Ana
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Romania
Arjun & Megha
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
India
blank avatarTamr & Wessam
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Saudi Arabia
blank avatardmbansal & dmbansal
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
India

• Please log in to reply

Medicare if I never work?

#1 Penguin_ie

Penguin_ie

Queen Penguin

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

I am a long way off from 65, but wanted to know.... I believe that normally to be elligible for Medicare, one must be a) over 65 and b) have worked 40 quarters. But what if I remain a housewife until retirement age? Basically, what I want to know is if my USC husband's medicare benefits (he has worked more than 40 quarters already) will apply to me too when we we have reached the correct age. If not, how do all the previous generations manage where it was traditional that only the man works?

Bye: Penguin
modpenguin_zpsf0a69b27.jpgqueen-penguin-md_zps6835686c.png
Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

#2 belinda63

belinda63

Diamond Member

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

I would have loved to answered your question but the social security websiteseems to be down at the moment. I am almost certain the answer is yes, but click the link and follow the governmental maze to verify.

#3 bigdog

bigdog

Super Star Member

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

http://www.todayssen...ocial-security/

See this site for easy information.

Edited by bigdog, 19 September 2011 - 11:27 AM.

In Arizona we can Keep our RIFLE's and HAND GUNS, no CCW required but a good idea.  Remember gun safety always!
ROC 11/15/2012, BIOMETRICS 9/5/12
http://www.uscis.gov...Calculator.html

#4 bigdog

bigdog

Super Star Member

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

Here is more, hope it helps.
Am I Eligible for Medicare When I Reach 65 If I Never Worked Outside the Home?

Many citizens, both men and women, have not worked sufficient hours to qualify for Social Security benefits. However, those people still qualify for Medicare benefits upon reaching the age of 65. Those persons automatically qualify for Medicare Part A and Part B.

In Arizona we can Keep our RIFLE's and HAND GUNS, no CCW required but a good idea.  Remember gun safety always!
ROC 11/15/2012, BIOMETRICS 9/5/12
http://www.uscis.gov...Calculator.html

#5 Tim/Mav

Tim/Mav

Diamond Member

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

I'm not pointing at the sites but it appears if you have a disability you qualify before age 65.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment

7/10-11/13..Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic

1/15-16/14..2nd Medical exam updated

1/21/14......k1 interview-Visa Approved

#6 Nich-Nick

Nich-Nick

Long Time Member

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

I am a long way off from 65, but wanted to know.... I believe that normally to be elligible for Medicare, one must be a) over 65 and b) have worked 40 quarters. But what if I remain a housewife until retirement age? Basically, what I want to know is if my USC husband's medicare benefits (he has worked more than 40 quarters already) will apply to me too when we we have reached the correct age. If not, how do all the previous generations manage where it was traditional that only the man works?

This will answer your Medicare question. http://www.todayssen...y-for-medicare/

Good topic. I learned something about Medicare.
England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London
10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston
05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:
4 years, 2 months, 6 days
243 pages of forms/documents submitted
No RFEs

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.