Remanda

My application of AOS and I-765 returned with a reason I don't understand, need urgent help!!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hey, dear all

I entered USA with K1 visa and I got married already, so I filed my application of I-485 for adjust of my status and I-765 & I-140 for employment authorization on Sep, 2nd, but today I received all returned documents from service center. And the reason they marked is as " A VISA number is not available at the present time. The Department of State has a 24-24 hour telephone number that you may call for further information(202-663-1541)"

And I have no idea about what Visa number that they are talking about. But by checking some information about Visa number from "http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/immvisa.htm" this website, it looks like me as a wife of a US citizen, I don't need to wait for an immigrant visa number as from what you can see that I copied from that website.

"The immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, which includes parents, spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21, do not have to wait for an immigrant visa number to become available once the application filed for them is approved by the USCIS. An immigrant visa number will be immediately available for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens."

And in the note that they sent to me, they actually typied my last name in a wrong way, one of the character was mis-typied, so I am wondering whether it is because of that, so they couldn't find any information in system for my case.

But before I sent all those documents again, I would like to get an idea from super people here in case you guys have any idea on what are they talking about the Visa number or whether my understanding about Visa number is correct, or whether do you think my suspicion about my last name spelling is correct.

Appreciate if you can respond to this question asap!!

Edited by Remanda

AOS:

Receipt date: 09/27/2006

Transfer Notice date: 10/13/2006 (To CSC)

Biometrics taken date: 10/13/2006

Transfer Notice date: 04/30/2007(From CSC to NBC national benefits center)

Wish my green card will come soon!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

you are correct in that a visa number should be available for you.

did you come into the country on a K1 visa?

youshould definately ph the number they gave you. it is not the normal 1800 number for the disinformation line so you should get answered.

im just wondering if they need you to send in other stuff as well for the I130 etc.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

You are not applying for a visa. You already have one. I'm sure they misread something in your application. Good luck in finding the remedy. I would definitely call the number to see if there is something you need to do differently before resubmitting the paperwork. Good luck.

Maggie

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline
you are correct in that a visa number should be available for you.

did you come into the country on a K1 visa?

youshould definately ph the number they gave you. it is not the normal 1800 number for the disinformation line so you should get answered.

im just wondering if they need you to send in other stuff as well for the I130 etc.

Yes, I did come into the country on a K1 visa and I did call that number already, however whatever says in that number doesn't make sense to me, really don't know how should I proceed now.

Do you think I will be able to go to the local immigration office and ask this question to them?

AOS:

Hey, dear all

I entered USA with K1 visa and I got married already, so I filed my application of I-485 for adjust of my status and I-765 & I-140 for employment authorization on Sep, 2nd, but today I received all returned documents from service center. And the reason they marked is as " A VISA number is not available at the present time. The Department of State has a 24-24 hour telephone number that you may call for further information(202-663-1541)"

And I have no idea about what Visa number that they are talking about. But by checking some information about Visa number from "http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/immvisa.htm" this website, it looks like me as a wife of a US citizen, I don't need to wait for an immigrant visa number as from what you can see that I copied from that website.

"The immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, which includes parents, spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21, do not have to wait for an immigrant visa number to become available once the application filed for them is approved by the USCIS. An immigrant visa number will be immediately available for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens."

And in the note that they sent to me, they actually typied my last name in a wrong way, one of the character was mis-typied, so I am wondering whether it is because of that, so they couldn't find any information in system for my case.

But before I sent all those documents again, I would like to get an idea from super people here in case you guys have any idea on what are they talking about the Visa number or whether my understanding about Visa number is correct, or whether do you think my suspicion about my last name spelling is correct.

Appreciate if you can respond to this question asap!!

Hello Remanda,

You entered as a K1 visa so what you need to file is I-485 and I-765 and other supporting papers of your application for your AOS, but never never send that form I-140! When I filed my AOS application is only the I-485.

Good luck :yes:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
Have you checked your visa number to make sure it was correct? You sent your application to Chicago right?

Is the visa number the control number in the Visa I got for entering US? IF yes, then I did get it correct in the I-485 I filled up.but in the control number, there is one number as "0", but also some number like "0" with a crossline, so I don't know whether it also means "0" or it means something else but anyway i filled exactly same as what showed in my visa in I-485 form.

And I sent to Nebraska office.

Edited by Remanda

AOS:

Your visa number was the red number and not the control number.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wait a sec! Did you send the I-130 or the I-140???

Carol :unsure:

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Filed: Timeline

Have you checked your visa number to make sure it was correct? You sent your application to Chicago right?

Is the visa number the control number in the Visa I got for entering US? IF yes, then I did get it correct in the I-485 I filled up.but in the control number, there is one number as "0", but also some number like "0" with a crossline, so I don't know whether it also means "0" or it means something else but anyway i filled exactly same as what showed in my visa in I-485 form.

There you go, you sent it to the wrong office.

All AOS packages get sent to chicago, not the service centre you used for your K1.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

you dont need to send an I140.

and make sure that you send to the chicago lockbox..

you should have:

I 485 aos application

I 864 affidavit of support

I 765 work application

I 131 application for travel

as well as the medical and other supporting documents

Im not sure what K1 has in their passport but see if you have a "A" number

You will just need to send a copy of your I 129f approval which should be all you need to justify their conditions.

I think someone has just not looked carefully at your application .. maybe saw the I140 and rejected the lot..

GL

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Timeline
Your visa number was the red number and not the control number.

Is it the 6 digital number in red in the bottom right side of the visa ? If that's the case, that could be the reason why it was returned.

There you go, you sent it to the wrong office.

All AOS packages get sent to chicago, not the service centre you used for your K1.

In the I-485 form instruction file it says should be sent to Nebraska office. Can someone show me an official government website showing that all AOS need to be sent to Chicargo office??

AOS:

Filed: Other Timeline
In the I-485 form instruction file it says should be sent to Nebraska office. Can someone show me an official government website showing that all AOS need to be sent to Chicargo office??

Read the instructions again. It says Chicago.

It looks to me like you just joined the site. Please read the Guides and Form Examples. You will most likely find all your answers there.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You sent it to the wrong place, you should have sent it to the Chicago lockbox. Please read the guides. :yes:

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Good luck with your AOS!

The others are right: you have to send it to Chicago. Look at the example forms provided on this website. There are explainations what to file, which evidence is needed and what the visa number is. The A number is then given to you since you qualify for AOS (which you do with a K1)...

Good luck :)

Lg Anna

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.