destiny64

denied fiance visa at interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was told that once the visa is denied at the consular level, it is essentially a closed case and there is no longer a review process and you must resubmit another fiance visa. Anyone else hear this new information? This information came from my senators office in Vermont.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I was told that once the visa is denied at the consular level, it is essentially a closed case and there is no longer a review process and you must resubmit another fiance visa. Anyone else hear this new information? This information came from my senators office in Vermont.

I have been in that situation. This time what is happening at the visa process, once your visa denied at the Embassy during the interview, the embassy will send it back to the USCIS. After USCIS received the returned petition package, they keep it until the petition expires. Then you will get a letter stating that your petition is expired, so that you will be able to file another petition. At this point, you can file another K-1 or spousal petition. It might take another 6-8 weeks. I have been in this situation and I filed another K-1 and now at the embassy. However, it doesn’t mean the entire petitions denied at the interview should go through this way. There may be some reaffirmed after the USCIS review.

Good luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is true that your petition will most likely expire before it is reviewed. Filing an additional K1 petition isn't going to solve the problem, however, if none of your circumstances have changed. You really should try to figure out why your first attempt at a visa was denied, and address that issue before filing another petition. If not, they will just deny you again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you are unsure of why you were denied then sit down and write out everything that happened at the interview as much word for word as possible. Go over it and see if you can figure out what went wrong

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

That is usually the case. Do you know what questions were asked and how they were answered? How many times had you visited? Think about your red flags and maybe you can figure out what happened to address it for your next attempt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.