Crystal&Tommy

Help! Lost DS-160 and Application ID.

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I sent my packet 3 to Montreal on Saturday September 3 and my tracking records show it was received at their office today. I just now went online to register for DHL courier services and I am being asked for my DS-160 confirmation number which (stupid me)was the only document I didn't make a copy of for myself. I do not have the DS-160 confirmation number nor the Application ID number to retrieve it. Anybody know the easiest way to get this number? I hope the consulate will be able to help me out. I am freaking out a bit right now :S Has this happened to anybody else?

Thanks for your help

Crystal

For what it's worth, I very very rarely hear of anyone being asked for the confirmation page. Hopefully someone here can help you out though to ease your mind.

Edited by Coconuts

Thanks coconuts! Were you asked for the DS-160 confirmation number when registering on CSC for your interview? Im under the impression I just need the confirmation number but I'm not sure how to get it without my applicant ID :(

When you filled out the form, did you get an email? As I recall, I was able to select an option that had them send my confirmation to my email address.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I sent my packet 3 to Montreal on Saturday September 3 and my tracking records show it was received at their office today. I just now went online to register for DHL courier services and I am being asked for my DS-160 confirmation number which (stupid me)was the only document I didn't make a copy of for myself. I do not have the DS-160 confirmation number nor the Application ID number to retrieve it. Anybody know the easiest way to get this number? I hope the consulate will be able to help me out. I am freaking out a bit right now :S Has this happened to anybody else?

Thanks for your help

Crystal

Timeline

Are you sure they are asking for your DS160 number? I registered with DHL and had not done a DS160 yet (by mistake) but maybe there are asking for your case number ? Or your number for registering an account on the uvisa site? I'm sorry I forget what they asked for but I did not have a DS160 confirmation number to give them. Please double check what they are asking for.

Hi Frostiana - you're right - thank you for your reply. Somewhere along the process I clicked on the wrong type of visa (still confused whether K1 is immigrant or non-immigrant)and I ended up somewhere where I needed my DS160 confirmation number to book an interview. Thank god I figured it out a few days later and you only need your case number to book an interview :)

Timeline

Hi Frostiana - you're right - thank you for your reply. Somewhere along the process I clicked on the wrong type of visa (still confused whether K1 is immigrant or non-immigrant)and I ended up somewhere where I needed my DS160 confirmation number to book an interview. Thank god I figured it out a few days later and you only need your case number to book an interview :)

Yay! I helped somebody! :yes: I have learned SO MUCH from reading this site.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.