gretchen_darren

st lukes discussion

118 posts in this topic

I paid for my own medical. I had my fiance with me, but I knew their policy of not allowing anyone in. We tried and asked if he can go in, but they said no.. It wasn't a problem, since it was their rule. He stayed in the car and went to a coffee shop to wait for me. There is a plan B. Also, there are lot of people inside the building. In the 1st floor, you don't see them, but when you go to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th, there are no available seats left. Take into account that Canadian, Australian and other countries conduct their medical here. Also, there are communicable diseases that are being treated inside. There's no need for someone to be victimized.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The one thing I have learned never never to do with my fiancee.

Don't ever make a joke about a Filipino or ever god forbid make even the slightest comment that could stereotype Pinoy people in a negative fashion no matter how slight. :dance:

It was acceptable to share the "10 ten reasons a Pinoy well never be President of the U.S. list and laugh about it since a Pinoy wrote it :rofl: I have to admit Myself and all my Filippino friends thought it was hilarious.

op 10 Reasons Why There Couldn't Be a

Filipino-American US President,

By David Letterman

10. The White House is not big enough

for in-laws and extended relatives.

9. There are not enough parking spaces

at the White House for 2 Honda Civics,

2 Toyota Land Cruisers, 3 Toyota

Corollas, a Mercedes Benz, a BMW , and

an MPV (My Pinoy Van).

8. Dignitaries generally are

intimidated by eating with their

fingers at State dinners.

7. There are too many dining rooms in

the White House - where will they put

the picture of the Last Supper?

6. The White House walls are not big

enough to hold a pair of giant wooden

spoon and fork

5. Secret Service staff won't respond

to 'psst... psst' or hoy.hoyhoy

4. Secret Service staff will not be

comfortable driving the presidential

car with a Holy Rosary hanging on the

rear view mirror, or the statue of the

Santo Nino on the dashboard.

3. No budget allocation to purchase a

Karaoke music-machine for every room

in the White House.

2. State dinners do not allow 'Take

Home'.

AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY THERE

COULDN'T BE A FILIPINO-AMERICAN U.S.

PRESIDENT IS...

1. Air Force One does not allow

overweight Balikbayan boxes!

buddy..USA AND PHILIPPINES are a lot different,if you go there and u cannot embrace thier lifestyle,culture thier living,people around etc .you then dont stay there,thats very simple,people there grew up on thier own ways,not like that,not like this,you cannot compare us to philippines like i said they different.you cannot change them to the way you like. :rofl:

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My discussion with St. Luke's so far. I am glad for my fiancee, but I must say now I do not feel very safe anymore....... I stood out like a "white boy in Harlem". they are constantly telling us to be careful.... then they pull this stunt. Whose is kidding who????

In the other US Citizen's case NONE of the exceptions applied. His fiancee was 10 years older then mine. (29 instead of 19) And he is only a few years older then me. This is why even though given your explanation I cannot accept it for today. I can understand IF it had been carried out to ALL US Citizens today, but I felt as if I WAS being SINGLED out from everyone else today. As for number of applicants. The line was gone from the front door by 8:15 am. There was never a line in front of St Luke''s the rest of the morning of more then 5 or 10 people. Also ONE of the Guards at the front door took a break to urinate in front of St. Luke's on the Handicap ramp. (I was sitting right in front of the ramp, this happened not less then 6 feet from me.) Also, many, many people came and went after this time. I highly suggest completely enforcing the policy or revising it as appropriate. Very few US Citizens come to take the fiancee through the process. I had to give her the cash in FRONT of St. Lukes as she was waling in. I WAS CONSTANTLY HOUNDED by Peddlers and beggars the REST OF THE DAY WHILE WAITING. This is WHY I AM SO IRATE. IT BECAME VERY OBVIOUS I HAD MONEY. YOUR POLICY PUT ME AT RISK AND IN TERRIBLE DANGER WHILE WAITING ON HER.

MAJORITY OF THE TIME The US CITIZENS ARE PAYING ST. Lukes for the MEDICAL. THERE IS A PETITIONER AND A BENEFICIARY. The MEDICAL IS RARELY PAID BY THE FILIPINOS. I strongly recommend changing your policies to allow the petitioner and the beneficiary.

REMEMBER WHERE THE MONEY IS COMING FROM. I PAID FOR HER MEDICAL TODAY. It is HIGHLY OUTRAGEOUS TO DENY A PERSON PAYING - THE PETITIONER -- FOR A SERVICE FOR THE BENEFICIARY. WHAT IF I HAD CHOSEN NOT TO PAY SINCE I WAS NOT ALLOWED IN? What if I refused to hand her money in front of St. Lukes? I AM VERY VERY VERY VERY UPSET. YOUR POLICY PUT A US CITIZEN IN DANGER.

I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE HER TO THE EMBASSY? WHAT DO I TELL THE Counselor Officer? Her medical is not done because I WAS NOT ALLOWED IN TO PAY THE Fiancees MEDICAL?

Cheers,

Darren

--- On Mon, 9/5/11, St. Luke's Extension Clinic <slec@slec.ph> wrote:

Subject: Re: WHY WAS US CITIZEN DENIED ACCESS WITH MY FIANCEE

To: "Darren Gray" <graydarren89@yahoo.com>

Date: Monday, September 5, 2011, 2:22 AM

Mr. Darren

In most cases only applicant for medical exam are allowed to enter SLEC with few exceptions: senior citizen, applicants below 17 years old, who are physical and mentally challenged. But there are times we allow applicant's fiancee to enter if there are only FEW applicants inside the clinic. Unfortunately, since you decided to have the medical examination on a Monday at the start of a month in which a heavy volume of applicants are expected, the guards only did their jobs to minimize people inside SLEC, to have ample space and priority seating for the waiting applicants inside the clinic and to provide better security to control the crowd.

Thank you for taking the time to notify us of your unsatisfactory experience with our service.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble this may have caused you. We should have indicated in our reply last July about the exceptions. The US citizen you were referring to might have been allowed to enter the premises because he was accompanying an applicant falling under those exceptions. We highly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. We hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Thank you.

St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic

At 04:00 PM 9/5/2011, you wrote:

> You can accompany your fiancee during the medical examination.

>

>

> I was at the medical extension clinic with my Fiancee today. Not once but TWICE. Both times I was denied access to accompany my fiancee by the guards. the first time by the guards working the door at 6:38 am. The second time I even showed ALL of the GUARDS at the DOOR my US PASSPORT. The guard who gave me his name at 1:40 pm was Reagan. I am not sure if that was his name as he covered up his badge when I tried to look. ABSOLUTELY NONE of the Guards would ALLOW me to accompany my fiancee. I was not ALLOWED either time. Please explain to me why this happened?

>

> I am highly concerned since my fiancee has her Embassy interview on Wednesday. She is to return to get results on Tuesday.

>

> I would like to understand EXACTLY why I was denied access to go through the process with my fiancee when another US Citizen was allowed this morning.

>

> I am in Manila this week and would appreciate a FACE TO FACE meeting with a written explanation.

>

> Cheers,

>

> Darren

>

> --- On Sun, 7/10/11, St. Luke's Extension Clinic <slec@slec.ph> wrote:

>

> From: St. Luke's Extension Clinic <slec@slec.ph>

> Subject: Re: questions: operations holidays and accompanyment

> To: "Darren Gray" <graydarren89@yahoo.com>

> Date: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 5:32 PM

>

> Mr. Gray,

>

> St. Luke's Extension Clinic (SLEC) is open from Monday to Friday (except Philippine holidays) from 6:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on a first come -first served basis (no appointment is needed). We are located at 1177 J. Bocobo St. Ermita, Manila. You can accompany your fiancee during the medical examination.

>

> The following are needed during the medical examination:

>

> Valid passport

> Photocopy of Passport Biographic/Data Page, the page in the passport that contains the applicant's photo and information

> Appointment letter or Instruction Letter

> Four (4) pieces of 2x2 visa photos

> Old chest x-ray film taken 3 months ago or longer (if available)

> Immunization record (if available, should be properly documented with a valid certificate of immunization)

>

> The cost of the medical examination is $213.35 for ages 15 and above and $185.35 for ages 14 and below. These fees must be paid in Philippine peso at the prevailing exchange rate at the U.S. Embassy. Today's exchange rate is pegged at P 44.00 per dollar. Credit cards and cheque are not acceptable for payments.

>

> With regards to her TB test done, kindly bring a detailed medical certificate from her attending physician.

>

> For other information and requirements kindly visit our website at <<http://www.slec.ph/>http://www.slec.ph/>www.slec.ph

>

> Thank you.

>

> St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic

> 1177 J. Bocobo Street, Ermita

> Manila, Philippines

> Tel. Nos. (+632) 521-0020 or 523-8248

> Fax. No. (+632) 526-0208 or 523-8248

>

>

> At 02:22 PM 7/10/2011, you wrote:

> > I was wondering about what days are you open? What holidays are you closed?

> > Also, am I able to accompany my fiancee through her medical process, or is her mom or dad?

> >

> > My fiancee is 19 years old. She has had her TB test, plus TB shot recently at a local clinic near her village. Plus she has gotten most of the required immunizations for the US between April to June. There is a record of them. What can be expected at the medical exam for her?

> >

> > Sincerely,

> >

> > Darren Gray

I know this is a 2 yrs old post but i think this answers to the question if a USC can accompany their Fiance(e) at St. Lukes.hummm.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup, many use "the Darren" reference regarding SLEC and the fiancé NOT being allowed to accompany... laughing.gif

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 year later...
Filed: Timeline

"MAJORITY OF THE TIME The US CITIZENS ARE PAYING ST. Lukes for the MEDICAL. THERE IS A PETITIONER AND A BENEFICIARY. The MEDICAL IS RARELY PAID BY THE FILIPINOS. I strongly recommend changing your policies to allow the petitioner and the beneficiary."

The Medical is RARELY paid by the Filipinos???? Dont forget, a lot of the US CITIZENS supposedly paying for their relative's medical are FILIPINOS! We are still FILIPINOS before, during and AFTER being Naturalized so dont make any assumptions that all FILIPINOS are starving, money-grabbing beggars. Remember, this is where your Fiancee is from. You may take her out of the Philippines but you can never take the FILIPINO out of her. <_<

"REMEMBER WHERE THE MONEY IS COMING FROM. I PAID FOR HER MEDICAL TODAY. It is HIGHLY OUTRAGEOUS TO DENY A PERSON PAYING - THE PETITIONER -- FOR A SERVICE FOR THE BENEFICIARY. WHAT IF I HAD CHOSEN NOT TO PAY SINCE I WAS NOT ALLOWED IN? What if I refused to hand her money in front of St. Lukes? I AM VERY VERY VERY VERY UPSET. YOUR POLICY PUT A US CITIZEN IN DANGER."

Did we miss THIS directive from St Luke's -- "Medical Fees are to be handed to the Beneficiary in front of the building ONLY, in plain sight of everybody present, to ensure where the money is coming from. Otherwise, service will be denied" :bonk::bonk:

I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE HER TO THE EMBASSY? WHAT DO I TELL THE Counselor Officer? Her medical is not done because I WAS NOT ALLOWED IN TO PAY THE Fiancees MEDICAL?

Then you would have to go back to the US and maybe file a complaint to your Congressman, Senator, or even the President? Dont forget to tell them how harassed and threatened you felt, surrounded by wrinkly old beggars and bone-thin peddlers on the streets, mostly kids, who were most likely less than HALF YOUR SIZE :girlwerewolf2xn:

"MAJORITY OF THE TIME The US CITIZENS ARE PAYING ST. Lukes for the MEDICAL. THERE IS A PETITIONER AND A BENEFICIARY. The MEDICAL IS RARELY PAID BY THE FILIPINOS. I strongly recommend changing your policies to allow the petitioner and the beneficiary."

The Medical is RARELY paid by the Filipinos???? Dont forget, a lot of the US CITIZENS supposedly paying for their relative's medical are FILIPINOS! We are still FILIPINOS before, during and AFTER being Naturalized so dont make any assumptions that all FILIPINOS are starving, money-grabbing beggars. Remember, this is where your Fiancee is from. You may take her out of the Philippines but you can never take the FILIPINO out of her. <_<

"REMEMBER WHERE THE MONEY IS COMING FROM. I PAID FOR HER MEDICAL TODAY. It is HIGHLY OUTRAGEOUS TO DENY A PERSON PAYING - THE PETITIONER -- FOR A SERVICE FOR THE BENEFICIARY. WHAT IF I HAD CHOSEN NOT TO PAY SINCE I WAS NOT ALLOWED IN? What if I refused to hand her money in front of St. Lukes? I AM VERY VERY VERY VERY UPSET. YOUR POLICY PUT A US CITIZEN IN DANGER."

Did we miss THIS directive from St Luke's -- "Medical Fees are to be handed to the Beneficiary in front of the building ONLY, in plain sight of everybody present, to ensure where the money is coming from. Otherwise, service will be denied" :bonk::bonk:

Then you would have to go back to the US and maybe file a complaint to your Congressman, Senator, or even the President? Dont forget to tell them how harassed and threatened you felt, surrounded by wrinkly old beggars and bone-thin peddlers on the streets, mostly kids, who were most likely less than HALF YOUR SIZE :girlwerewolf2xn:

Wow. Your so upset, and from what you have said, I question why. I don't think you are looking at the big picture. NVC, USICS, SLEC and USEM process thousands of applicant yearly. Without some kind of semblance to an orderly process they could not render the services they do. There isn't anyone of us that wouldn't want the process faster, cheaper and easier but with that many applicants, they are doing the best they can. If they allowed family and petitioners' in at every step it would be so chaotic. Sure, they will always have room to tweak their systems, but what you are describing is situation that is tied to your ego. Lighten up.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Timeline

Wow. Your so upset, and from what you have said, I question why. I don't think you are looking at the big picture. NVC, USICS, SLEC and USEM process thousands of applicant yearly. Without some kind of semblance to an orderly process they could not render the services they do. There isn't anyone of us that wouldn't want the process faster, cheaper and easier but with that many applicants, they are doing the best they can. If they allowed family and petitioners' in at every step it would be so chaotic. Sure, they will always have room to tweak their systems, but what you are describing is situation that is tied to your ego. Lighten up.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why not start a new topic... you jumped into a 2 year old topic.

(... and BTW, don't you trust your fiancee to carry the money? You don't need to be there at all, just the money)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Exactly my point to the OP. Please read the entire thread before commenting if you havent done so yet..Yes, I am upset, but I dont know why you would think that my post is tied to my ego.

Because one of the topics of your post, and yes I read the whole thing, you seem that you can't trust your fiancée with "your money". That would be a red flag for me. BTW, good luck to her.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Exactly my point to the OP. Please read the entire thread before commenting if you havent done so yet..Yes, I am upset, but I dont know why you would think that my post is tied to my ego.

OP posted in Sept 2011 and hasn't logged onto VJ since November of 2014.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

ha ha ha wait until she goes for her cfo and try to talk her out from going with this dude ! also she will have to show pic of this dude then they will ask her to have her mom and dad come with her to make sure its ok with them for her to go with dude to the usa !that is if she gets her visa - in the philippines the word goes fast -[/quote

I have to agree with you. Those people at the cfo will try to make you think twice if you are not too sure...

Goodluck to them. Dealing with finances is a big thing..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.