t.rah

MRV Fee payment problems with CSC

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I seem to be having the worst of luck with CSC. Anyone else find this website service completely non-user friendly?

I am trying to make my MRV fee payment for my K-1 Visa. When I called in to book an appointment, they said I need to make the payment of $350US before an appointment can be made.

1) I have tried making the payment over the telephone. I have attempted about 5 times now, using 2 different credit cards, and I am continued to be told my cards are invalid. I have contacted my credit card company, and they said the cards are fine, and no transactions were even attempted.

I emailed CSC for assistance, and they basically told me to try again, and to try making the payment online or through Scotiabank.

I attemped to make the payment over the phone again....same issue, I'm told my credit card is not valid. (I emailed CSC again to see what the problem is)

2) I tried to make the payment online through the website instead. Except, I can't seem to find the option to make the MRV fee payment. I have followed all instructions as outlined.

-Trip purpose selected (K1 Fiance) Permanently immigrate to the US

- Selected Montreal as my choice consulate

- Was sent to Visa information page - clicked on continue

- Taken to my applicant summary page, advises me that "no appointments are available at this time" ---- and no continue button to press to make an MRV payment, no option for payment at all.

I have emailed CSC again trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. But the help on this forum is always much better! If anyone is having similar problems let me know, or if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong....PLEASE HELP!!!

PS. I thought I could pay the fee at the consulate on the day of the interview (my packet 4 letter says I can) So I'm so confused about why CSC says they need payment before appointment can be booked.

Thanks!!

- T.

Hello,

I seem to be having the worst of luck with CSC. Anyone else find this website service completely non-user friendly?

I am trying to make my MRV fee payment for my K-1 Visa. When I called in to book an appointment, they said I need to make the payment of $350US before an appointment can be made.

1) I have tried making the payment over the telephone. I have attempted about 5 times now, using 2 different credit cards, and I am continued to be told my cards are invalid. I have contacted my credit card company, and they said the cards are fine, and no transactions were even attempted.

I emailed CSC for assistance, and they basically told me to try again, and to try making the payment online or through Scotiabank.

I attemped to make the payment over the phone again....same issue, I'm told my credit card is not valid. (I emailed CSC again to see what the problem is)

2) I tried to make the payment online through the website instead. Except, I can't seem to find the option to make the MRV fee payment. I have followed all instructions as outlined.

- Taken to my applicant summary page, advises me that "no appointments are available at this time" ---- and no continue button to press to make an MRV payment, no option for payment at all.

I have emailed CSC again trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. But the help on this forum is always much better! If anyone is having similar problems let me know, or if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong....PLEASE HELP!!!

PS. I thought I could pay the fee at the consulate on the day of the interview (my packet 4 letter says I can) So I'm so confused about why CSC says they need payment before appointment can be booked.

Thanks!!

- T.

Just monegram the money to your fiance / fiancee & asked her/him to pay it at the embassy. Make things so so easy...my two cents.

Edited by US_SL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

Thanks!!

- T.

I've been having the exact same problem... can't pay online, tried the phone too and it just tells me the payment didn't go through. So frustrating!! When I called the Consulate number they give I was told that the payment option will show up when an interview date is available. She really sounded confused herself actually and told me to try the phone payment option again.. she really didn't seem to get it, and basically said there is nothing she can do for me other that say that the "no appointment situation can change very quickly. Said she can't take a payment or book the interview. At the end of the call she did ask if there was anything more she can do for me! :rofl:

Nothing we can do except keep trying to book the appointment online and hope they open them up again soon. You aren't alone, there are a lot of us waiting from what I understand.

We can pay the day of the interview in cash (USD) if we have to although I've heard that those who do pay in advance seem to have had success getting a date booked. If anyone has the answer as to how to pay when there is nowhere at the site to do so, please share with the rest of us.

Good luck to all who are waiting! :-)

Timeline

US_SL -- not sure what you mean to have my fiance pay at the embassy...I am the Canadian citizen, and from what I have been told, the payment must be paid to CSC either through telephone or online. Do you mean my US fiance can actually pay the fee for me in the US? Please explain...thanks!

Shirley Ann -- I too called CSC call centre and spoke with a lady. I was also told you won't be given an option to pay the MRV fee until appointments are available. Which didn't make sense to me since you can pay in advance on the telephone system if it was actually working :s The call centre lady also told me that with the new electronic way of booking interviews, payment does have to be received first, and that payment at the consulate on the day of the interview isn't an option anymore.....(even though pkt 4 says it is) I feel like CSC and the consulate just don't communicate with each other.

Anyways, I guess we just have to wait for appointments to open up. Good luck to you as well :)

Timeline

US_SL -- not sure what you mean to have my fiance pay at the embassy...I am the Canadian citizen, and from what I have been told, the payment must be paid to CSC either through telephone or online. Do you mean my US fiance can actually pay the fee for me in the US? Please explain...thanks!

Shirley Ann -- I too called CSC call centre and spoke with a lady. I was also told you won't be given an option to pay the MRV fee until appointments are available. Which didn't make sense to me since you can pay in advance on the telephone system if it was actually working :s The call centre lady also told me that with the new electronic way of booking interviews, payment does have to be received first, and that payment at the consulate on the day of the interview isn't an option anymore.....(even though pkt 4 says it is) I feel like CSC and the consulate just don't communicate with each other.

Anyways, I guess we just have to wait for appointments to open up. Good luck to you as well :)

Thanks! I agree the communication is poor at best. Each time you call and get a different person the response is different. I was also told that payment has to be made to book but with no way to pay it successfully in advance if you didn't pay at the time of registering for DHL the screen never comes back up to allow us too. So frustrating! If we can't pay in USD on the day of the interview as instructed and we can't pay in advance in order to book the appointment there what options are there open to us??? It seems to me that it's just another delay tactic so that office doesn't look so bad all in terms of long wait times to get in. Anything to keep the stats looking presentable it seems. Anyway, no point in venting my frustrations here. I'm sure it will turn around soon, it's almost month end so October should be opening up any day now.. lets hope! :wacko:

Have a great day!

Timeline

I am very frustrated with this site as well. I just called and asked about paying the fee now versus later and at first she said pay it before I can get an appointment and then she said pay it at the interview. I have also been told other conflicting information like, I don't book the interview, they book it for me. I just hope that we will see something change soon, they seem to need a review of this process.

Timeline

I am very frustrated with this site as well. I just called and asked about paying the fee now versus later and at first she said pay it before I can get an appointment and then she said pay it at the interview. I have also been told other conflicting information like, I don't book the interview, they book it for me. I just hope that we will see something change soon, they seem to need a review of this process.

No kidding!!! :whistle:

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Ditto to ALL of the above issues. Bot i didnt try the telephone Payment method yet. I want to do it online. And i can pay in US currency at the interview, but as you all have mentioned, its all very convoluted and frustrating.

...sigh.

But I only just finished doing all the forms for Packet 3 today, and sending it in ASAP.

Do I not make the payment now? Or do I have to wait for Packet 4 (Interview Letter) first, then snag an appointment on the CSC site, and maybe then the Payment option on the site will appear?

Cheers to all and good luck. We all need it.

04/13/2011 - I29F K1 petition mailed to Dallas,Texas lockbox

04/19/2011 - Received text NOA1,routed to VSC

04/20/2011 - Check cashed

04/23/2011 - Official receipt notice received from Homeland Sercurity in the mail

04/21/2011 - Touched

08/20/2011 - NOA2 Hard copy received (I-129f was approved in 120 days from your NOA1 date. Ranked #98 on Igor's List when notified of NOA2

08/24/2011 - Package Received By NVC

08/25/2011 - Package sent to Consulate

09/19-2011 - Packet 3 Received from Consulate

10/24/2011 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate (Canada Express Post)

11/01/2011 - Packet 3 Supplemental letter received (forgot some documents and photos)

11/02/2011 - MRV Fee payment (ScotiaBank deposit)

11/04/2011 - Sent Packet 3 supplemental documents (via Canada Post ExpressPost)

11/08/2011 - Interview Date confirmed(Dec.12/2011) Confirmation Received (via Email)

11/17/2011 - Packet 4 (letter) received

11/28/2011 - Medical scheduled for Dec.5th

12/12/2011 - Interview at Montreal, K-1 VISA APPROVED!!

12/19/2011 - Picked up Ki Visa at DHL courier drop off location.

01/14/2012 - POE to US :)

01/28/2012 - Married!!! :D

03/29/2012 - AOS Filed

03/29/2012 - EAD filed

03/29/2012 - AP Filed

04/11/2012 - AOS-NOA received

04/11/2012 - EAD-NOA received

04/11/2012 - AP-NOA received

04/23/2012 - AOs/EAD Biometrics completed

06/08/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card Received

11/03/2012 - Green Card Received!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi eveyone,Tyring to find out if anyone else found a solution to this problem. My fiancee, just called me a few hours ago very upset and she also is having the same problem(s) and tried to pay online tonight via credi card and the same thing happened to her as other here. She was able to enter all her information, credit card number etc, but when the next part comes to confirm payment and then be able go to the schedule/interview part it won't link her to that page. She DIDN'T click submit a SECOND time because she doesn't want to possibly be charged a second time.

She told me that when she did click submit button that her information, what she had typed in "DISAPPEARED" from the screen, the screen refreshed itself and she had the same page in front of her with her information in the required fields again. I told here just to leave it alone and NOT to click submit, which she already knew not to do. She did received a reference number, but I don't know if it applies to the payment or her DHL account set up.

I told her possibly that her information was submitted and that the credit card needs to be validated or verified & then processed before she can then access the schedule/interview page. When I went on the CSC site and when you click on the contact us button/link - a message pops up regarding the MRV credit card payment and it states that it can take 4 hours or more to process/validate payment and even up to 4 days to respond to requests. I'm assuimng that it is business days & not weekends.

Anyone else have any additional or helpful inofrmation, please help us out and thanks in advance

k1-ProcesS

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

Thanks!!

- T.

T

What did you end up doing? I am having the exact same issue myself. I am pulling my hair out over this and no one can seem to help with this

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.