jarta

ghana birth certificate

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

i have heard there is a new birth certificate being issued in Ghana and that the US embassy in Accra only accepts this new one. Can i please have someone from Ghana confirm this. i have the pink birth certificate which has both names of parent and also has the seal of authenticity - is that pretty much useless? i got about it 9years ago.

thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Be on the safe side with Ghana- get new and get authorized. My fiance's was whitish/blue.

Police and medical should not be old either. Police no more then a month, medical as close to (so its not expired here for AOS)

Timeline

Be on the safe side with Ghana- get new and get authorized. My fiance's was whitish/blue.

Police and medical should not be old either. Police no more then a month, medical as close to (so its not expired here for AOS)

Thanks! do you know how long it takes to get a police report and also how long it takes to get all your medicals ready?

Timeline

police report 2 weeks. So we requested a month before.

Medicals (if you do all in ghana is 3 visits each a month apart.

so pretty much 3 months for the medicals? is that why interviews are scheduled like 3 to 5 months out?

Thanks

Timeline

Nope- medicals can be completed in one visit (then picking up results) but its far cheaper to get everything done in Ghana. You only need certain parts done (I dont know all the details on that) but like 2nd doses can be done here) but be careful that the spacing is not too far apart because then when they get here they will need to re-start- I would suggest getting all of it done in ghana- you will have the time...

Israel started in August, went back in sep and oct for other shots (interview was in December) and we did our AOS in March so we didn't have to do anything over for medicals (except he had to get a flu shot and transcribing the vaccines). If you have a year between medical in ghana and aos the physical has to be redone. Wait till you have your interview date and space it out so you won't need to have it redone for AOS.

Timeline

Nope- medicals can be completed in one visit (then picking up results) but its far cheaper to get everything done in Ghana. You only need certain parts done (I dont know all the details on that) but like 2nd doses can be done here) but be careful that the spacing is not too far apart because then when they get here they will need to re-start- I would suggest getting all of it done in ghana- you will have the time...

Israel started in August, went back in sep and oct for other shots (interview was in December) and we did our AOS in March so we didn't have to do anything over for medicals (except he had to get a flu shot and transcribing the vaccines). If you have a year between medical in ghana and aos the physical has to be redone. Wait till you have your interview date and space it out so you won't need to have it redone for AOS.

thanks! we have not even received our approval letter from USCIS yet, but i except it very soon. we are just planning ahead. so what you are saying is that if we do the medicals really fast it might expire before we do the AOS. how long is it valid for? also after getting a case number from NVC, should we contact the embassy in Ghana to try and pick up our package, or we should just wait for them to contact us? Thanks for all this information.

Timeline

Medical is good for one year (for AOS purposes). You will want to email them- (thats the only way.) because the letters they send never seem to get to anyone.

Timeline

Medical is good for one year (for AOS purposes). You will want to email them- (thats the only way.) because the letters they send never seem to get to anyone.

what is the format the email to the US embassy Ghana should take? i have read on here about different format, but i just want to hear it from someone who has dealt with the American embassy in Ghana. once again thanks..you have been very helpful.

Timeline

I did both and waited to see who would get back to me- i think things have improved a little but its still a slow response time. WIth the K-1 Either is okay i guess. lol

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My fiance's interview is on March 8th in Ghana, we have all the documents but he does not have the new birth certificate, what are the chances that the visa will get approved. I am planning on going to ghana in 2days to be there for the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from K1 to Africa Regional forum as question is Ghana specific *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

My fiance's interview is on March 8th in Ghana, we have all the documents but he does not have the new birth certificate, what are the chances that the visa will get approved. I am planning on going to ghana in 2days to be there for the interview.

Be on the safe side and have him get it. With Ghana you never know what is going to happen. I'm not sure how long it will take, but better to get the process started.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.