Carlos&Alyssa

Websites like RapidVisa.com? Good or bad?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hello! I am about to start the process for a K-1 Visa...someone I know went through a website, RapidVisa.com that helped her along with all the paperwork, what I am looking for is advice to wether or not a website like this is beneficial or not necessary? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks much! :)

*Our K-1 Journey*

*11/7/11 - Sent I-129F Packet

*11/10/11 - Packet delivered to Dallas Lockbox

*11/16/11 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

*11/19/11 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received (Notice Date 11/14/11)

*03/28/12 - NOA2 Text/Email (Notice Date 03/27/12)

*04/02/12 - NVC Recieved Package

*04/04/12 - NVC Sent Package to Embassy

*04/17/12 - Embassy emailed Packet 4 to me

*04/21/12 - USPS Interview Binder to Carlos

*04/26/12 - Carlos Medical Exam

*04/27/12 - Carlos receive Interview Binder from me

*05/04/12 - Carlos Interview 8:00 AM (Has to return with two more documents)

*05/14/12 - Carlos return to embassy with missing documents - VISA APPROVED

*05/18/12 - Carlos picks up VISA at Embassy

*05/19/12 - POE MIAMI

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You pay money to sites like that to fill out paperwork for you, they cannot speed up the process and you still have to gather all the evidence of your relationship yourself.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello! I am about to start the process for a K-1 Visa...someone I know went through a website, RapidVisa.com that helped her along with all the paperwork, what I am looking for is advice to wether or not a website like this is beneficial or not necessary? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks much! :)

All the information in on VJ, you do all the work they take your money?

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

As long as there is no complications with your case you will do fine by yourself with the help of many awesome VJ members. And it's free!! :thumbs:

11/18/08 - Arrived in U.S. on B2 visa

02/05/09 - Extended return plane ticket to stay for an extra 3 months

04/23/09 - Decided we didn't want to be apart even though we extended the stay and got married!

04/30/09 - Sent I-130/I-485/I-765 from B2 (no I-693 as it is not yet complete.)

05/03/09 - Received email form USPS stating that package had arrived safely and was signed for!

05/11/09 - Received NOA1's for I-130/I-485/I-765

05/16/09 - Received Biometrics Appointment

05/30/09 - Received a CRAZY amount of RFE's that were dated 05/21/09

06/01/09 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled. In and out in 10 minutes!! Sent off RFE information (Should arrive in MO on Wed.)

06/03/09 - USCIS received RFE response

07/23/09 - I called to have a service request put in

07/24/09 - I-765 Touched (FINALLY)

07/25/09 - I-765 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!!!!! (About time!)

08/03/09 - EAD card came in the mail WOOHOO!!!

08/07/09 - Interview letter arrived

09/02/09 - Interview Date

09/07/09 - I think this is the day I received my Green Card.. Can't quite remember anymore.

Removal Of Conditions

08/03/11 - WOW it's already been TWO years! Sent ROC package to VSC.

08/05/11 - NOA1 date which arrived 8/10/2011

09/02/11 - Bio Appointment the notice was dated 8/12/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

so long as you read everything thoroughly, take your time, and follow the instructions then i think paying money for help is just a waste of money. im just starting out on the K-1 right now and to be honest with you... the help and advice ive received from the wonderful people on this site has made the whole thing a lot easier. read the guides, look trough the forums, and ask all the questions (no matter how dumb they might seem) that you want.

good luck

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

thats what I was thinking...thanks! :)

*Our K-1 Journey*

*11/7/11 - Sent I-129F Packet

*11/10/11 - Packet delivered to Dallas Lockbox

*11/16/11 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

*11/19/11 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received (Notice Date 11/14/11)

*03/28/12 - NOA2 Text/Email (Notice Date 03/27/12)

*04/02/12 - NVC Recieved Package

*04/04/12 - NVC Sent Package to Embassy

*04/17/12 - Embassy emailed Packet 4 to me

*04/21/12 - USPS Interview Binder to Carlos

*04/26/12 - Carlos Medical Exam

*04/27/12 - Carlos receive Interview Binder from me

*05/04/12 - Carlos Interview 8:00 AM (Has to return with two more documents)

*05/14/12 - Carlos return to embassy with missing documents - VISA APPROVED

*05/18/12 - Carlos picks up VISA at Embassy

*05/19/12 - POE MIAMI

• 8 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I used rapidvisa.com for my wife and kids (CR-1 and CR-2) and I can say that in the beginning it DID help me a lot. Since I was a total noob at the beginning, having rapidvisa prepare my documents for the initial submission to USCIS was very helpful. HOWEVER, after that, the site was of little help to me, in fact, it even caused me to get a RFE and delayed my case once at the NVC. I will explain.

Since I have a wife and two kids to petition for, rapidvisa does not handle children gracefully. I mean, the initial submission to USCIS accounts for Wife and kids but the second stage of the processes to prepare documents to submit to the NVC only gives you the opportunity to automatically fill out your spouses documents. I was stuck filling out forms for the kids myself. Now onto the RFE.....rapidvisa is nice because it asks you questions and then automatically fills out the necessary forms for you, which can take out some of the headache. I got burned due to a programming error in rapidvisas processes. During the initial information gathering when you list where your spouse has lived since she turned 16, they provide you with adaptive fields to fill out. As I filled out my wifes previous addresses, the form stopped allowing me to input data once I had gone 5 years back from the present day, which at the time I thought nothing of. I then sent my ds-230s to the NVC only to have my wifes kicked back to me because there was a gap in the living section. Since rapidvisa had only allowed me to input where she had lived for the previous 5 years, I was missing data that I needed to list. So I downoaded the ds-230 and filled out the form again and listed the one missing line of information and submitted the document. This little error cost me at least two weeks of wait time that could have been avoided.

If you use a service like rapidvisa, DO NOT ASSUME that they will fill in the forms correctly. I will be sure to tell rapidvisa about the shortcomings of their system.

Overall, I do like how easy they make the processes. They just need to refine their programming to adhere to all of the rules on the forms you have to submit.

• 5 years later...

SCAM ALERT! RapidVisa and its employees were totally incompetent in delivering Green Card/AOS application filing services. No customer service after payment    

I purchased Rapid Visa's services for assistance in preparation and review of my application for US Green Card and Adjustment of Status.

To start with they have obsolete software that makes you fill information exactly how it is required in the various USICS forms required for the application. The software is so poorly built that you will have to fill the same information multiple times just like you would do it in different forms in the Green Card Application package from USICS. At this point it came to my mind if I need to do this exercise then why not I fill the actual forms and complete the application but then thought never mind Rapid Visa will use its expertise in reviewing my forms and that will be helpful. Rapid Visa builds my application based on the information that I entered in their software and surprisingly these applications have most of the fields blank or have incorrect information. At this stage I felt very furious that I am paying them and filling all the information in their software as well and then the prepared applications are useless then what value is my money getting me here. Since. I was in a highly time sensitive situation w.r.t to my green card application procedure, I decided to resolve these issues and spent 3 hours on the phone on my working day with one of the agents named 'Princess' explaining each and every field of the form that was incorrectly filled or left blank by Rapid Visa. I was promised that these errors will be corrected and forms with complete and accurate information will be delivered to me soon. A few days pass and another set of forms are sent to me that are again incorrectly and inaccurately filled. I called an agent at Rapid Visa who tells me to go over all the error ones again since they do not have the notes from the previous agent whom I spent 3 hours on the phone earlier explaining each and every correction required. At this point, I decide that I will not be wasting my time again as this is what they charged me $500 for and claim to be an equal expert to an immigration attorney. I request them to speak to a manager and I am told that the manger is in a meeting and will call me back in couple of hours. When I did not get a call from the manager I called back Raid Visa and was told that the manager has left for the day so I cannot be helped. Helpless and frustrated I sent the following email to Rapid Visa, "From the very start the form I-130 still does not look complete (1, 4, 9, 10c, 12b, 14b, 17, 26, 32, 36, 37, 38, 39 etc) and I have not even looked at the other pages and forms yet. This is even after the fact that I have spent 3 hours on the phone the other day telling you every single correction in each and every form, which I believe, is not what I signed up for. I cannot trust your company anymore with this process as such mistakes can do very serious damage to my career and immigration status in the US. Neither do I have the time to review these forms over and over again nor can I be sure about your advice on supporting documents and the process that will happen in the backend such as arranging my application etc. Considering the above mentioned, I would request you to stop working on my case and refund me the fees I paid in the amount of $500 so that I can seek the help of a professional immigration attorney for handling my case."

To this I get a response from Rapid Visa that your complaints are half empty (exact words!) and we have expertise with figures mentioned (similar to ones of their website) prodding to have handled these many case. At this point I realize they are incompetent to deliver the services they claim to be experts in on their website and complaints won't be heard since I have already made the payment. I decide that I will take care of the forms myself since I have already gone through them multiple times and get my moneys worth in resolving issues where I need help from an expert.

Also, from the very beginning I was very confident about doing the whole process myself (which I ended up doing myself anyways) but had some doubts about the forms and documents related to financial support and this was the whole reason I thought of getting help. Over multiple calls and with multiple agents I tried to convince them that they are advising me to attach incorrect forms along with I-864 but they did not agree so in the end I decided to trust myself and did a consultation call with an immigration attorney to discuss specifically about the I-864 form requirement. No very surprisingly, Rapid Visa was giving me wrong advice (mind you that this advise was after looking at me and my spouse’s salary and tax return etc.) and the forms they were asking me to attach along with I-864 were not relevant (or could harm my case) as per my situation.

I would like to conclude by saying that I have become a US Green Card holder based on the petition I filed without using Rapid Visa’s help. As expected, they never even called me back ever to inquire about my pending case with them since they already got their fees which is where they stop communicating with the customer.

I am very sure that they will respond to this in a very negative tone that you will notice with any post from a customer with a negative feedback. I decided to wait longer to write this post till I have my Green Card in hand as was I afraid that they might try to sabotage my case since they are bunch of scammers and can go to any limit. Also, please pay attention to look at the pictures of their customers writing positive reviews and you will see a pattern to understand what kind of cases they specialize in.

Stay away from them as ultimately you wont save money but loose the money you paid to them in return of useless/no service. TOTALLY INCOMPETENT FOR AOS/GC FILLING CASES.

• 2 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I had similar negative experiences with incompetent foreigners in the "call center" who could barely speak English and having my forms screwed up and things taking twice as long as they should have. Of course when you're a new  customer you have a competent  English speaking  person that acts like they understand you  but as soon as they get that payment your calls start getting forward to the call center. Now I'm waiting on my application to be rejected because they screwed up sending it and they said there's nothing they can do until it gets rejected and they can resubmit it correctly. Stay away from this company hire a real lawyer or do yourself. If you try to call and talk to somebody no one knows what's going on and there's no managers available to talk to just some young girl who has no clue about immigration and reads off of a script. Please dont take the chance with your loved one. I think they also meddle with a lot of the reviews of their company and try to remove negative ones.

Edited by Sharma83

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/10/2011 at 5:32 PM, Carlos&Alyssa said:

A waste of money in my opinion. You can easily collect the necessary documents and prepare everything yourself

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~9 year old Zombie thread locked to further replies. Please check the date of a thread before replying as many times a reply is no longer needed.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.