Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just looking around and found the red flaged discussions in this forum. Is it true that moderators can just ban anyone or delete any post when ever the idea strikes them? I don't think abuseive post should be allowed, but I saw what appeard to be two attemps at a straight forward discussion just cut off. Makes me wonder if I am treading on thin ice just asking about it.

G

As of now yes MOD can do that.

If you can't please a MOD he can ban you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

As of now yes MOD can do that.

If you can't please a MOD he can ban you.

Shortly after I joined this site I offended someone and was taken to task for it. I just did not use the site forums for a long time. Then I remembered that there are more horses rear ends in the world than there are horses. If horses or horses rear ends are a touchy subject, then I guess I'll just have to take my chances.

Timeline

Shortly after I joined this site I offended someone and was taken to task for it. I just did not use the site forums for a long time. Then I remembered that there are more horses rear ends in the world than there are horses. If horses or horses rear ends are a touchy subject, then I guess I'll just have to take my chances.

Well I know if I would had stopped posting then I would had been gone from this site long time back.

I had raised the point.... coz on this thread it was suggested you make a complaint and I know complaint had been made and there was no action from Unv MOD nor Captain.

Even there were no comment from Captain nor Unv Mod to look into what had happen and yet some ppl on this thread as usual without knowing the thread keep on posting the contibutors were wrong and immigrant who was asking for help were correct.

Somehow I have a feeling that people were attacking the illegal immigrant or out of status immigrant (I don't know which - I haven't read the thread) rather than addressing their issue.

Won't it be good idea not to comment if you dont know what thread it was or what happened?

How did u assume that ppl who were answering were wrong?

Is it just coz one Mod favoured illegal?

Was this the thread where the wife was posting about the husband coming over on the VWP, overstaying, and now being in custody for a crime with ICE on their doorstep?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

Was this the thread where the wife was posting about the husband coming over on the VWP, overstaying, and now being in custody for a crime with ICE on their doorstep?

No it was not... this person was in the country illegally was not married to USC.

So as most VJ posters asked him to leave the country and return with the proper visa and OP basically asked the VJrs to shut up if they cannot be contructive.

When VJrs asked OP to shutup as there was nothing to be contructive MOD favoured OPs side and had banned ppl from that thread.

There was a similar thread recently where MOD had banned ppl too.

As I said this was with one particular MOD in both the case.

I have noticed this tendency of this one individual MOD who like to ban ppl from thread.

Most MODS would move the thread to right section or if there is really heated argument they would delete few posts or they would delete the post not suitable for the thread etc.

All the time I have been on VJ onther then this one partiular MOD I have not seen other MODs ban the ppl from thread.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Won't it be good idea not to comment if you dont know what thread it was or what happened?

How did u assume that ppl who were answering were wrong?

Is it just coz one Mod favoured illegal?

Then show me the thread. Also, I'm not assuming anyone was "wrong" in their advice. I suspect their advice was delivered with attacks.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Timeline

Then show me the thread. Also, I'm not assuming anyone was "wrong" in their advice. I suspect their advice was delivered with attacks.

Well, if they are telling him just to leave and come back with the correct visa, then they would be wrong.

No it was not... this person was in the country illegally was not married to USC.

So as most VJ posters asked him to leave the country and return with the proper visa and OP basically asked the VJrs to shut up if they cannot be contructive.

When VJrs asked OP to shutup as there was nothing to be contructive MOD favoured OPs side and had banned ppl from that thread.

There was a similar thread recently where MOD had banned ppl too.

As I said this was with one particular MOD in both the case.

I have noticed this tendency of this one individual MOD who like to ban ppl from thread.

Most MODS would move the thread to right section or if there is really heated argument they would delete few posts or they would delete the post not suitable for the thread etc.

All the time I have been on VJ onther then this one partiular MOD I have not seen other MODs ban the ppl from thread.

You've never seen other Mod's (mod's other than Krikit) ban people from threads? Is that what you are saying?

Where have you been? It happens ALL THE TIME.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Iv'e been thread banned by just about all of the mods. :devil:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

You've never seen other Mod's (mod's other than Krikit) ban people from threads? Is that what you are saying?

Problem is, its super secret business, so we all don't really know anything.

Though I have to say, I've never seen an instance where Krikit was unfair. Linky time!

Timeline

I have never been banned by another MOD other than just one particular MOD. :)

Iv'e been thread banned by just about all of the mods. :devil:

You must be popular with other Mods too.... lol

Timeline

Dude if I wanted to post the thread or name of MOD I could had done it in my first post itself.

What I mentioned was my personal experience where I was banned too. For asking this OP to stop calling names to ppl who had been on here for longer then he was which was only couple days.

Well, if they are telling him just to leave and come back with the correct visa, then they would be wrong.

Why would it be wrong to ask someone to enter with valid visa ... so you would give this person way to legitimize his illegal stay?

Won't u be advising against the TOS of this board? :)