leoidiarte

What is NOA1 and NOA2?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I'm starting my process I-129f with my fiancée, but I have a doubt (I have millions of questions, it's so complicated!)

I just want to know what is NOA1 and NOA2. I would like a clear explanation :help:

This process is done after the I-129F - right?

For now, these are my questions!

Thanks

First Welcome to VJ. I hope it will be a good source for your process and a place to get answers for your questions.

Both of them are the way of communication that USCIS passes the information to the petitioner. Notice of Action (NOA)-1 is the first letter that the petitioner receive after the USCIS get the petition from the petition and get to the line for the process. NOA2 is the letter that USCIS send to the petitioner to inform the decision. This decision could be approval, request for evidence(RFE) or denial.

Good luck

Edited by Love Eth

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I just want to know what is NOA1 and NOA2. I would like a clear explanation :help:

NOA = Notice of Action

NOA1

After submitting your I-129F application to the Dallas lockbox it is received at the Lewisberg, TX office. They open it and make sure the forms are filled out properly and send it on to either the California Service Center or the Vermont Service Center. They also send you a form I-797. This form officially recognizes that the USCIS has received and is processing your application. It also contains your receipt number and instructions for checking the status of your case online. This is NOA1.

NOA2

After the petition is approved by USCIS it is forwarded on to the National Visa Center (DOS). In addition, the USCIS will send you another form I-797 informing you that the petition has been approved. This is NOA2.

"A man who lives within his means, suffers from a lack of imagination"

~Oscar Wilde

Timeline:

07/18/2011 - Mailed I-129F Petition

07/21/2011 - NOA1

10/18/2011 - NOA2

11/14/2011 - Packet 3 Received

02/14/2012 - Interview (3 months?!?!)

03/02/2012 - Passport w/ K1 received!

03/03/2012 - WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG??!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NOA1 - During the acceptance step USCIS reviews newly received applications and petitions to ensure that they are properly filed (i.e. signed by the applicant, appropriate fees, etc.) USCIS issues a receipt number for the application or petition, and sends a receipt notice to the applicant or petitioner.

Applications and petitions that are not properly filed are rejected with an explanation of why the application is rejected and the corrective action needed. Rejected applications or petitions do not retain their filing date.

The acceptance step is typically completed within 2 business days of when the application is received. With mail time it may take several weeks for you to get the receipt or rejection notice in the mail.

The receipt number contains 13 characters that usually starts with 3 letters. That number is very important for your case. You can use it to track your case online.

NOA2- After receiving the NOA1, Petition for Fiance(e) Receipt Notice from the USCIS Service Center, the petitioner may receive other Notices Of Action prior to receiving the approval notice. This notice of action is commonly called by many as NOA 2, Petition Approval Notice. The K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Petitioner or Beneficiary should keep this NOA2 Approval Notice of the Petition because a copy of this I-797 NOA2 will be needed later (as a proof of the petition approval) when it’s time to apply for the foreign fiance’s Adjustment Of Status (AOS) once he/she is in the United States.

Good luck!

Ricky & Ria

USPI.png

Service Center :California Service Center

I-129F Sent :2011-03-26

I-129F NOA1 :2011-04-01

I-129F NOA2 :2011-06-21 (81 days from NOA1 date)

NVC Received : 2011-07-25

Interview: 2011-08-22 APPROVED

Un4Tp8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is FAR MORE than just the I-129F

You have to do your visa interview, get your visa go to the USA, get married apply for AOS, then in 2 years apply for ROC. Then keep renewing your 10yr card every 10 years or apply for US citizenship. Its a very long and expensive process I suggest you look at the guides and learn some things.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.