JaysonValentina

Extreme hardships?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Oh wow thanks do you know Is there any one i can pay for a little later down the line after she come or do i need to get them all immidiatley at the same time before and as soon as she arrives to the us, its My last question. And thank you all again so very much save me money on consulting an attorney. I send many hugs and i hope the best for all your families. And always forgive each others for the little mistakes so to be more happy it will help.

Oh wow thanks do you know Is there any one i can pay for a little later down the line after she come or do i need to get them all immidiatley at the same time before and as soon as she arrives to the us, its My last question. And thank you all again so very much save me money on consulting an attorney. I send many hugs and i hope the best for all your families. And always forgive each others for the little mistakes so to be more happy it will help.

You really need to open a savings account and don't do anything until you have at least 5-6k in there. From the sound of it, payment 50 bucks a month? she'll be using government aid and not have status adjustment. I hope I'm wrong.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

You pay $340 when you file the I-129F, then when she gets the NOA2 she would need about $500 more or less for her visa and medical, and then once she arrives here and you marry, then you file for adjustment of status for $1070. Her getting the EAD or GC will allow her to work and contribute so I suggest you don't delay in filing. There are guides here on VJ which are very good, I suggest you start educating yourself about the process if you are really sure about it. But the first thing you need to worry about is making sure you fulfill the 2-year meeting requirement, so worry about that first! Goodluck!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Round trip ticket from the US to Spain is not going to be $2300 unless you are getting the worst deal known to man or live so far off the beaten path that you have to travel for days just to reach the airport. I regularly see tickets round trip to europe from Dallas, DC, New york etc in the $700 to $800 range. I can fly roundtrip from Tulsa to Bangkok for half what you are saying it costs to fly to spain. You need to search around some more for better flights.

As for financial hardship, the USCIS is going to look at this and say you can't meet the requirements of the I-864 anyway so that is a no go no matter what. There is just really no way around the meeting in person requirement. Not having sex and not meeting are two different things. It really sounds like you need to take care of things on your end with your parents and finances before you go any further. Not trying to be harsh, but given the info you have provided you stand a snowballs chance in Hades of getting approved.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Timeline

Oh da i just use as example to see if they do accept small monthly payment but i dont think they do from what other person told me but Yeah i will save more, my cousin says they can let me even borrow no more then 3000 dollars but i feel bad accepting it so i will save, i can have that much in around 4 months.

Timeline

Or lithuania to us roundtrip for when she comes the last time i checked on kayak. But im not going the extreme hardship route anymore. I think better i save more, we meet in spain so she can present proof in lituania for her interview. I will be using co sponsors as well.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Or lithuania to us roundtrip for when she comes the last time i checked on kayak. But im not going the extreme hardship route anymore. I think better i save more, we meet in spain so she can present proof in lituania for her interview. I will be using co sponsors as well.

I suggest that you do more learning about the process first. That will answer a lot of the questions and allow you to prepare (financially, intellectually, etc.) for what is to come.

Spend time reading through the form instructions and requirement. Spend time reading in the K1 and regional forums here on VJ.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

After the summer season it costs about $1,000 for a round trip from Lithuania. I suugest you have her come to the States to visit. There is a chance she may not even like it here. This way you can keep your job and attend to your ailing family. If you can't afford the $1,000, how would you support her in the future. Be you need to meet and she needs to visit the States. Transition for many is not that easy.

08/18/2010 - I-129F sent

08/26/2010 - NOA1

09/08/2010 - touch

10/03/2010 - touch

02/04/2011 - NOA2 (approved in 162 days from NOA1 date)

02/18/2011 - found out that US embassy (VILNIUS) sent packet 3 this morning

02/24/2011 - packet 3 received

02/24/2011 - packet 3 sent

02/28/2011 - packet 4 received

03/04/2011 - medical done

03/22/2011 - INTERVIEW (208 days since NOA1)- SUCCESS!!!

03/23/2011 - VISA!!!

03/24/2011 - POE JFK (at last!!!)

06/02/2011 - Married!

event.png

Timeline

Thanks i shall take you up on this consideration. I mean its fine for her to come but she really has it bad in her country and has more depression then i ever get because of it. But im will read all forms completely to get a better grasps of things.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Just curious, how did you meet when you were younger? Are you originally from LT?

08/18/2010 - I-129F sent

08/26/2010 - NOA1

09/08/2010 - touch

10/03/2010 - touch

02/04/2011 - NOA2 (approved in 162 days from NOA1 date)

02/18/2011 - found out that US embassy (VILNIUS) sent packet 3 this morning

02/24/2011 - packet 3 received

02/24/2011 - packet 3 sent

02/28/2011 - packet 4 received

03/04/2011 - medical done

03/22/2011 - INTERVIEW (208 days since NOA1)- SUCCESS!!!

03/23/2011 - VISA!!!

03/24/2011 - POE JFK (at last!!!)

06/02/2011 - Married!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Lack of sex is no hardship. I cannot believe I am reading this.. :rofl:

:ot2:

If you have hard time paying for tickets you will have hard time convincing embassy that you make enough to support. Focus on meeting for sure.

Edited by san diego

Timeline

No she came with some family for a month to visit i remember we spent almost everyday that month together and then she left back. I tried finding her after and couldn't

She told me she had as well but couldnt we later found each other on facebook :) and have been talking and skyping ever since.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I recommend making sure that you earn at least $22K/year income that can be proven based on your tax return and saving at least $5K. Then you can start the process. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.