JaysonValentina

Extreme hardships?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lithuania
Timeline

I live in the usa im a citizen and want to bring my fiancee from lithuania here to get married we dont have proof we met 2 years ago because my mom is very sick with severe lupus so i need to attend to her needs and help her also my dad has gotten operated in his leg so he needs my help to. As well as traveling to my fiancee country would be a hardship for me because i could loose a new job im probably getting, her being far has. As well brought ne depression, she wants to come here to stay with me and help out anyway she can.

Can this be used as a case for extreme hardship? Also i dont know if it help adding it in there but we dont wana have sex before marraige due to reliogious reasons and we're afraid it would happen if we met since we're in our 20s and have raging hormones.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Sorry no. Extreme hardship would be you are unable to fly and her unable to fly/get a visa and is VERY hard to get a waiver for this. And even then you would need to prove that she was unable to get a visa to a country where you could arrive by boat/car/ferry (if you can't fly). You could pay for someone to attend to your parents while you're gone. You need only meet for a second so you don't need to stay so long that you won't get this particular job. You could wait to file until you've got a week off work, or a long holiday so the job isn't an issue. the "not have sex" for religious reasons isn't a problem at all, it's called self-control. Occasionally people will claim they couldn't meet for religious reasons but that's when it's against the religion to meet in person before marriage and you would need to prove that. I would also be careful saying that she's coming to "help" you because there are people who import wives to be servants so USCIS is very watchful of that too.

You need to stop trying to find ways to get the waiver, and try and find ways to meet in person. If you want to attempt the waiver that's fine but you need to think of every possible way that you could meet and then why those options aren't possible for you and explain that to USCIS. You need to prove you have tried EVERY option and at least considered EVERY option.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not reasons for a hardship waiver.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Agree with the others, no reason. It is probably the hardest waiver to get, the one for meeting within 2 years, and while I can understand your reason, it is not strong enough. You need to prove you physically cannot meet, and you have not even tried getting her a tourist visa or for you to meet in a third country (for example Canada or Mexico).

In regards to the sex reason- no need to meet privately. One of you can stay in a hotel and you can meet in public places and/or with a chaperone.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I live in the usa im a citizen and want to bring my fiancee from lithuania here to get married we dont have proof we met 2 years ago because my mom is very sick with severe lupus so i need to attend to her needs and help her also my dad has gotten operated in his leg so he needs my help to. As well as traveling to my fiancee country would be a hardship for me because i could loose a new job im probably getting, her being far has. As well brought ne depression, she wants to come here to stay with me and help out anyway she can.

Can this be used as a case for extreme hardship? Also i dont know if it help adding it in there but we dont wana have sex before marraige due to reliogious reasons and we're afraid it would happen if we met since we're in our 20s and have raging hormones.

I agree with the others. Everything you've listed as a potential hardship can be overcome. You'd need a reason that is practically impossible to overcome. For example, if you needed daily dialysis and she had been turned down repeatedly for a tourist visa.

A lot of relationships that began long distance end up falling apart at the first face-to-face meeting. You really should arrange to go and meet her before you commit to marriage.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

I know it's not like i dont want to meet her i have met her before a long time ago when we were small it's just we have no evidence. And it would be impossible for me to hire someone to be a care taker of my parents since income isnt high enough and is hard to find a good job, My parents can get doctors notes stating it would be a problem for But i don't know. Also travel so far to see her would set us back big time finacially.

Timeline

I know it's not like i dont want to meet her i have met her before a long time ago when we were small it's just we have no evidence. And it would be impossible for me to hire someone to be a care taker of my parents since income isnt high enough and is hard to find a better job, My parents can get doctors notes stating it would be a problem for me to leave as well. But i don't know. Also the plane ticket to see her just to take pictures would set us back big time finacially we talk everyday on skype usually for an hour and, i have enough for her rountrip ticket for her to come and for other fees at most. I dont see finnacial structure changing any time soon and it worries me, but we love each other very much and want this. Her and her family in lituania are doing worse finacially, as she is the only one with a job and makes 300 litas a month thats 100 dollars. Her dad works at times to but for free, because they dont have enough to pay him. So he continues working in fear he will never find another job.

Edited by JaysonValentina

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I know it's not like i dont want to meet her i have met her before a long time ago when we were small it's just we have no evidence. And it would be impossible for me to hire someone to be a care taker of my parents since income isnt high enough and is hard to find a good job, My parents can get doctors notes stating it would be a problem for But i don't know. Also travel so far to see her would set us back big time finacially.

If you have not met face to face within the past two years there is virtually zero percent chance of a fiancee visa. Meeting as children has no impact regarding immigration.

Your financial constraints do not qualify as a extreme hardship.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

It just feels so impossible sometimes. You have this person you care about who you want to be with, but theres all these things that make it so hard to be with that person...(sigh) :(

I guess the reason im negative is because ive had bad fortune my whole life. I always try to help do whats right but always get kicked in the face, so i feel every attempt i will make for happiness will end bad.i just want to be happy and help the one i love for life.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sri, none of the above listed reasons are considered hardships. Maybe you two should wait until you can control your hormones; you do need to meet in person (can be a supervised meeting in an airport for 10 seconds) within 2 years of filing your petition.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

They are hardships for me, not so much the hormonal part really but the finacial part, and her well being. But i understand there unexceptable as hard ships to government. A friend of mine told me to consult an attourney because he said theres other ways of bringing her to the us to marry without many problems. So i may try it. Many thanks to all your replies. If worst turns worse i will probably save to meet her in spain since its cheaper and then file for the k1 fiancee after 2 years of meeting. I will save our plane tickets so she can present as proof for her interview when the time comes.

Edited by JaysonValentina

Timeline

Oh thanks i was understanding it wrong, if i am to go to spain with some family to meet her, i will stay for about 2 weeks. Maybe file after our trip. I would like to be present for her interview, but im not sure if it will be smart of me to spend on going there for the interview, round trip ticket is around 2,300 dollars. I'll have her call the embassy to ask about the interviewing. And hey for her fees, like her drug test and green card can i pay for them from here in the usa for her? And for green card do i get that as soon as she comes in the usa or can some of the things wait a little. and can something be worked out to pay a certain percent monthly? Like say 50 dollars a month.

Oh thanks i was understanding it wrong, if i am to go to spain with some family to meet her, i will stay for about 2 weeks. Maybe file after our trip. I would like to be present for her interview, but im not sure if it will be smart of me to spend on going there for the interview, round trip ticket is around 2,300 dollars. I'll have her call the embassy to ask about the interviewing. And hey for her fees, like her drug test and green card can i pay for them from here in the usa for her? And for green card do i get that as soon as she comes in the usa or can some of the things wait a little. and can something be worked out to pay a certain percent monthly? Like say 50 dollars a month.

Unfortunately, there is no installment payment option for the visa costs. A K1-AOS would cost about $2000 in total. $340 to file, and then there will be her medical and visa which will be around $500, and then $1070 for Adjustment of Status to get the green card when she gets here. Payment is thru money order or check only :(

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.