birdman2010

Guangzhou vaccination and medical - logistics confirmation

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

For Guangzhou, I'd like to confirm the following (for K-1):

When in Guangzhou:

My fiancée goes to the Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel first.

They give her some vaccinations, and they give her some papers showing what they did.

She takes the papers generated by the Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel clinic to the medical exam at Guangzhou United Family Clinic.

A doctor at the Guangzhou United Family Clinic fills out the VACCINATION DOCUMENTATION WORKSHEET, based on the papers generated by the Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel.

Are appointments necessary for visits to Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel and the Guangzhou United Family Clinic ?

Does she need to phone both clinics beforehand?

Edited by birdman2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

VACCINATION is not required for K1 visa interview. but it is recommendable (cheaper than in the U.S,and time efficient,if you are both determined to get married in the U.S) to have the shots at the Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel (the only place to do it in Guangzhou) after the interview when you get pink slip--do not take the shots until after the interview (bring passport copy, photo and money). you can do the medical exam either atthe Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel or United Family Clinic. they both are walk-in Clinics, But you may call they to find out the directions or other information

United Family Clinic opens from Monday to Sunday

Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel opens from Monday to Saturday morning. it is much closer to American Consulate building

Timeline

Not sure if the medical exam is different for the K-1 but most of us did it the opposite way. If you go to Guangzhou United Family then they will do the medical exam and they have a shuttle that takes everyone (patients only) over to get the vaccinations and it returns 4 or 5 hours later. If you are with her plan for this as you won't be able to go on the shuttle with her. If you have the medical at the other hospital, they do everything, but they tend to be more crowded and take longer. Plus GUF is open on sundays so you can do the medical that day then come back about noon the next day for the vaccinations trip.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Timeline

K1 applicants don't need vaccination shots for the visa interview. And for medical exam, Guangzhou United Family Clinic is usually less crowded ,you may get the result package the same day ,bring with you the appointment letter photo and passport

Timeline

Thanks for the replies.

How many days do you think she needs to be in Guangzhou, for the medical, vaccination (if she has them), document intake, and interview?

"Minimum days," and "more relaxed number of days to make sure we get everything done?"

Timeline

Generally, you can get medical exam(which is very brief and easy)result the same day,if everything is fine. For the visa interview, officially , morning is for interview starting at 7:30am; document[ including midical exam result package ] intake starts at 12:30 pm--it takes 2 days for the interview( first, document intake in the afternoon, second,the interview next morning) .it takes 3 working days for the visa process by the Consulate usually, but there are exceptions which is not unusual. From experiences, Self collecting visa in the post office is faster than have it mailed。the following is the link on which cities are on the mailing list

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa_issuance.htmm.

you can go to the Health Care Center of Guangdong International Travel for viccine shots after the interview once your visa is granted( but there might be exception even if it is pink slip although it is unusal) Never book flight ticket for the U.S until you get the visa package

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the replies.

How many days do you think she needs to be in Guangzhou, for the medical, vaccination (if she has them), document intake, and interview?

"Minimum days," and "more relaxed number of days to make sure we get everything done?"

Here's my basic calendar.

Day 1, arrive in Guangzhou, get place to sleep

Day 2 to 3, get vaccinations, medical exam (vacs optional for K-1 visa applicants)

Day 4 - Document Intake Day

Day 5 - Visa Interview

Day 6-10 - wait for Visa Packet to be sent of via EMS, to the special Guangzhou post office, UNLESS visa applicant (yer lass) lives in one of the regions that GUZ IV will throw EMS-DIRECT on that visa packet.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Not sure if the medical exam is different for the K-1 but most of us did it the opposite way. If you go to Guangzhou United Family then they will do the medical exam and they have a shuttle that takes everyone (patients only) over to get the vaccinations and it returns 4 or 5 hours later. If you are with her plan for this as you won't be able to go on the shuttle with her. If you have the medical at the other hospital, they do everything, but they tend to be more crowded and take longer. Plus GUF is open on sundays so you can do the medical that day then come back about noon the next day for the vaccinations trip.

Looks like you just went through this recently. My wife has her interview for 8/10, (and 8/11 presumably). She is planing the trip doing vaccination and medical exam right before the interview. She'd like to arrive as late as possible since it is going to be a long stay.

Can you please provide the details of your trip from medical exam/vaccination to the interview days and to the time you got the visa?

Thanks!

Edited by harry1

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Sure no problem. We arrived on Saturday morning since that was the way the flights worked out and we wanted to not be rushed on anything and have as many days together as possible. As others have said, Guangzhou United Family medical clinic is not that busy so we went sunday afternoon to have her medical done with the plan of coming back monday at 12:30 to catch the shuttle for the vaccinations. You can do it in one day but be sure to arrive several hours before 12:00 for the medical exam so it can be completed and you can make the shuttle for the vaccinations the same day. The medical clinic that does the vaccinations is not open on sunday. Unless there is something that comes up in the medical, she will get the results the same day. She may have to return in the afternoon to pick them up so again, best to arrive early in the morning.

Document Drop off appointments start at 12:30 so worst case she can go and get the medical results in the morning this day, but that is pushing things a bit in case there is a problem. At the document drop off she will get a number and possibly a green sticker on her interview letter. Keep this as it has some bearing on the interview later. Not sure exactly what, but they split the 7:30 group up based on having this sticker or not. All of the interviews should be done by about 12:30 as this is when they start taking documents for the next day. After the interview, assuming she is approved, she will go to the EMS desk to pay for the visa delivery/pickup. Here you can designate if you will pick it up or have it delivered. Just because you don't live in one of the designated areas or Guangzhou doesn't mean you can't get it delivered. If she has a friend or family member in one of those places she can have it sent to them. The key is they must have the original of the EMS airbill (kind of like ups or fedex airbill). Without this no one can get the visa, even your wife. There is a website she can check to see when the EMS package is ready and there is a special desk at the post office for dealing with visa pickups. My wifes interview was on thursday and the visa was ready friday afternoon about 5:00 or so. The sheet says if you choose to have it delivered they will hold it for 7 days, but we learned they won't hold it for 7 minutes and it was on the way to her friends house friday evening. Her friend had gone out of town for the holiday so we tried to arrange to pick up the visa at the delivering post office, but they wouldn't release it since her friend now had the original EMS receipt :bonk:.

IMO a lot of the visa delivery time is related to when during the week you have your interview. I think they push to have them all out by friday afternoon so a monday/tuesday interview could take longer than a wednesday/thursday or thursday/friday interview. Just a guess, but it would be interesting to know from others if this is the case or not.

So long story longer, it may be ready the next day but you can't really count on that. You can have it delivered to someone you know in the designated areas as an alternative and not wait around for it, but if you choose this then the chances of picking it up should it be ready the next day are slim. If you really want to push, you can do the whole thing in 3 or 4 days

Day 1 - Arrive very early and go to GUF for medical for same day results. It takes a good hour to get to the east railway train station from the airport by taxi.

Day 2 - Go for Document drop off in the afternoon.

Day 3 - Go for interview in the morning and be done with the Salmon colored slip and the EMS receipt by 1:00 at the latest. If having it mailed then you're done.

Day 4 - Visa may be ready by this point, but no guarantees.

Approved!!!!!

Timeline

Congrat and Thank you!

Sure no problem. We arrived on Saturday morning since that was the way the flights worked out and we wanted to not be rushed on anything and have as many days together as possible. As others have said, Guangzhou United Family medical clinic is not that busy so we went sunday afternoon to have her medical done with the plan of coming back monday at 12:30 to catch the shuttle for the vaccinations. You can do it in one day but be sure to arrive several hours before 12:00 for the medical exam so it can be completed and you can make the shuttle for the vaccinations the same day. The medical clinic that does the vaccinations is not open on sunday. Unless there is something that comes up in the medical, she will get the results the same day. She may have to return in the afternoon to pick them up so again, best to arrive early in the morning.

Document Drop off appointments start at 12:30 so worst case she can go and get the medical results in the morning this day, but that is pushing things a bit in case there is a problem. At the document drop off she will get a number and possibly a green sticker on her interview letter. Keep this as it has some bearing on the interview later. Not sure exactly what, but they split the 7:30 group up based on having this sticker or not. All of the interviews should be done by about 12:30 as this is when they start taking documents for the next day. After the interview, assuming she is approved, she will go to the EMS desk to pay for the visa delivery/pickup. Here you can designate if you will pick it up or have it delivered. Just because you don't live in one of the designated areas or Guangzhou doesn't mean you can't get it delivered. If she has a friend or family member in one of those places she can have it sent to them. The key is they must have the original of the EMS airbill (kind of like ups or fedex airbill). Without this no one can get the visa, even your wife. There is a website she can check to see when the EMS package is ready and there is a special desk at the post office for dealing with visa pickups. My wifes interview was on thursday and the visa was ready friday afternoon about 5:00 or so. The sheet says if you choose to have it delivered they will hold it for 7 days, but we learned they won't hold it for 7 minutes and it was on the way to her friends house friday evening. Her friend had gone out of town for the holiday so we tried to arrange to pick up the visa at the delivering post office, but they wouldn't release it since her friend now had the original EMS receipt :bonk:.

IMO a lot of the visa delivery time is related to when during the week you have your interview. I think they push to have them all out by friday afternoon so a monday/tuesday interview could take longer than a wednesday/thursday or thursday/friday interview. Just a guess, but it would be interesting to know from others if this is the case or not.

So long story longer, it may be ready the next day but you can't really count on that. You can have it delivered to someone you know in the designated areas as an alternative and not wait around for it, but if you choose this then the chances of picking it up should it be ready the next day are slim. If you really want to push, you can do the whole thing in 3 or 4 days

Day 1 - Arrive very early and go to GUF for medical for same day results. It takes a good hour to get to the east railway train station from the airport by taxi.

Day 2 - Go for Document drop off in the afternoon.

Day 3 - Go for interview in the morning and be done with the Salmon colored slip and the EMS receipt by 1:00 at the latest. If having it mailed then you're done.

Day 4 - Visa may be ready by this point, but no guarantees.

Edited by harry1

Timeline

Casprd:

From your timeline about the interview experience, you wrote:

All in all, a stressful day, but not too bad and we finished with pink when a lot of people at his window got blue or white so we can't complain.

What are those poeple who got blue? Are they petitioning for their siblings/parents/fiancee?

Thanks

Timeline

mostly it was for spouses/fiancee with a few that must have been parents.

Approved!!!!!

Timeline

Found new thing about visa mailing

Starting August 1st, 2011, approved immigrant visas will be mailed directly to the recipient's home address via China Post. There will be a COD (cash on delivery) charge for this visa delivery service.

Thanks for sharing, will double check with the Consulate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Found new thing about visa mailing

Starting August 1st, 2011, approved immigrant visas will be mailed directly to the recipient's home address via China Post. There will be a COD (cash on delivery) charge for this visa delivery service.

This is good news, I think this means that once my AP is done, we won't have to go back to Guangzhou. Nice!

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/china-post-delivery-of-approved-immigrant-visas-now-available-to-applicants-throughout-china.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.