KingsWife

Interview Questions and Answers

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yeah, they do ask some very personal questions. For example, My high school classmate applied k1 for his wife last year. The consular asked her" what size of underwear does my friend wear?" at interview date. She was smiling to him, and told him that all depends on where he buys his underwear, if he buys in china, it is medium size. if he buys in USA, it is small to medium( but the truth is she didnt know either LOL) but she answered it quickly and confidently with smiling, the consular didnt give her hard time. of course, she passed!

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a friend from Vietnam. They did her spouse's interview in Vietnam and they interviewed her in Florida at the same time and compared answers. Talk about stress!!!! :bonk:

My husband and I are practicing the off the wall questions on the wiki. He is so bad with remembering things! But this is so important for the both of us.

I know lots of couples who live together for years and don't know much about each other :rofl:

Can you please share the wiki site where you found the off the wall questions at? thanks

Oh, my! REALLY?! :wow: Yeah, please give us more info... my wife's interview is on Nov. 9th! And good luck to us all!

09/06/07: Went to the Philippines to marry my fiancee.

11/29/07: Wedding Day!

11/30/10: Going back to US, to get my wife!

05-06/11: Sent & Received Congressman's letter & advice.

06/23/11: Found and joined... VisaJourney.com!

06/27/11: Filing “Form I-130 IR-1” and Expediting it with Humanitarian cover letter.

07/08/11: Mailed I-130 to P.O. Box 804525, Attn. EXPEDITE I-130 SPOUSE, Chicago, IL.

07/18/11: Received Hardcopy Form I-797C or NOA1 in mail, receipt date 7/13/11 and priority date 7/12/11.

08/08/11: Called USCIS 800 number to check on status.

08/23/11: Request for Expedite Approved. Received NOA2 dated 08/23/11.

09/09/11: Called NVC they got my file from USCIS.

09/13/11: Received NVC Case# & IIN# (via email) & emailed DS-3032 from PI to NVC.

09/14/11: AOS Fee Paid Online (status PAID on 9/15 also at this time IV Fee Bill Generated)

09/16/11: IV Fee Bill Paid Online (status PAID on 9/19 and printed Barcoded Coversheets)

09/20/11: Express mail both the I-864s AOS and IV DS-230 (arrived 9/21 NVC)

09/27/11: Case completed file shipped to USEManila; arrived 10/3

10/13/11: Medical passed/completed today but still NO interview date yet?

10/16/11: Called USEManila file ready! Called Appt. Services set up Interview Date for 11/9/11.

11/09/11: Interview. But had to comply with 221g, re-verification forms CENOMAR/NBI.

12/02/11: Visa approved but delivered 12/7/11.

12/12/11: POE – Detroit.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They certainly will ask "off the wall" questions. Things they won't necessarily know, but anyone in a legit relationship should know. The worst thing to do is say "I don't know" even if that is true (sticky as you don't want to lie either). People get denied for that. One infamous instance the woman got denied because she didn't know what color her husbands car was. Silly if the beneficiary is coming from a non-car culture like China where most people don't drive, but it is what it is. The VO asked my wife "what is your husband's favorite food" They certainly had no way of knowing this, but being forewarned she answered quickly and confidently. In our case, I was at the consulate so she told me about this, but it is not unheard of for the VO to call the petitioner and ask some questions. Usually this will only be if they suspect some fraud, but as one other poster said, best to go over possible questions and both know the answers. There are a couple of lists of potential questions on VJ.

Can you please share where you found the off the wall questions at here? Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.