Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KingsWife

Interview Questions and Answers

19 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

I have heard that some of the questions asked at the interview are "off the wall" types of questions,like what size shoes does your wife wear or what is her favorite television program.Where do they get the "answers" for these questions,as they're not in any document that was provided..Do they call the petitioner and ask other questions???

Not to scare you but I've heard of cases that after the interview, the case is put under review and officials have been sent to the US Spouse to interview them! They do this if there serious red flags and doubts about the relationship.

I have heard that some of the questions asked at the interview are "off the wall" types of questions,like what size shoes does your wife wear or what is her favorite television program.Where do they get the "answers" for these questions,as they're not in any document that was provided..Do they call the petitioner and ask other questions???

You can also just have generic answers for off the wall questions....For example when I found out they ask off the wall questions my husband and I had answers such as if they ask what was my favorite color the answer would always be red or what do I like to watch on TV the answer would be CNN and what did I do last weekend the answer would be hang with family etc etc etc so that is how we practiced for random questions that helped him not having to remember so much....Good luck to you no worries :thumbs:

You can also just have generic answers for off the wall questions....For example when I found out they ask off the wall questions my husband and I had answers such as if they ask what was my favorite color the answer would always be red or what do I like to watch on TV the answer would be CNN and what did I do last weekend the answer would be hang with family etc etc etc so that is how we practiced for random questions that helped him not having to remember so much....Good luck to you no worries :thumbs:

I have a friend from Vietnam. They did her spouse's interview in Vietnam and they interviewed her in Florida at the same time and compared answers. Talk about stress!!!! :bonk:

My husband and I are practicing the off the wall questions on the wiki. He is so bad with remembering things! But this is so important for the both of us.

I know lots of couples who live together for years and don't know much about each other :rofl:

They certainly will ask "off the wall" questions. Things they won't necessarily know, but anyone in a legit relationship should know. The worst thing to do is say "I don't know" even if that is true (sticky as you don't want to lie either). People get denied for that. One infamous instance the woman got denied because she didn't know what color her husbands car was. Silly if the beneficiary is coming from a non-car culture like China where most people don't drive, but it is what it is. The VO asked my wife "what is your husband's favorite food" They certainly had no way of knowing this, but being forewarned she answered quickly and confidently. In our case, I was at the consulate so she told me about this, but it is not unheard of for the VO to call the petitioner and ask some questions. Usually this will only be if they suspect some fraud, but as one other poster said, best to go over possible questions and both know the answers. There are a couple of lists of potential questions on VJ.

I was told that our consulate may ask what color boxers I wear or what side of the bed I sleep on.... This seems a little personal

Are you serious :blink:, Brusik? What about if you guys turn off the lights then how your wife could see the color of boxers you have ;)? Just kidding :lol:

But to be serious, I hope, neither your wife nor mine won't get so damn stupid questions during their interviews.

Good luck, buddy!

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.