|Amanda & Justin|
|Shalina & Alexander |
|a.als & s.als|
|I & S|
|Tom & Gladys|
|Amin & Samothy|
|J & J|
|K & R|
|Samarth & Snigdha|
|Kevin & Katie|
|David & Francinie|
|Aaron & Felipe|
|Jessica & Mohamed|
|Aaron & Carlos|
|Cat & Ben|
|Truong & My|
|Lauren & Albert|
|Blake & Xenia|
CASABLANCA/MOROCCO CONSULATE "TIMELINE"
Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:00 AM
Review Topic: K1 Visa
SORRY TO REDO MY REVIEW BUT THERE WERE SOME THINGS THAT MY FIANCE FORGOT AND THEN REMEMBERED AFTER WE READ OUR REVIEW.....so here goes again with complete information....
2011-4-15 the date NVC received our I-129F. it left on 2011-4-22 to casablanca morocco. 2011-05-09 this is the date my fiance received his INTERVIEW PACKET. his interview date was set for JUNE 15, 2011 at 9:00am.
in his packet these were the documents that they sent:
*NOTE: SOME OF THE DOCUMENTS THEY SENT WERE OLDER VERSIONS THAT WERE NOT THE LATEST UPDATED ONES. WE HAND WROTE ON THOSE AND WE ALSO WENT ONLINE TO THE FORMS SITE ON THE GOVERNMENT K-1 PAGE AND TYPED IN ON THE MOST UPDATED RECENT FORMS AND TOOK BOTH OF THEM TO THE INTERVIEW. THEY TOOK SOME AND LEFT SOME. I THINK AS LONG AS IT HAD THE RIGHT # like DS-156 on it...THE TOOK IT WHETHER IT WAS TYPED OR HANDWRITTEN OR MOST RECENT OR OLDER ONE.
1.the interview date page that must be taken with you when you go to the interview.
2. a list of names of doctors you can choose from for your medical exam. (we chose dr. alain guidon who was very very good although...it said the cost was 400 dh but the doctor charged 500dh)
3. 2 copies of DS-156
4. 1 copy of DS-156K
5. 1 copy of DS-157
6. 1 copy DS-230 part 1
IN HIS PACKET THERE WAS NO LIST AT ALL, NONE. NOTHING AT ALL TELLING HIM THAT HE SHOULD ALSO BRING...
1. 1-864 (NOT I-134!!!!!) that the petitioner is to complete and have for proof of support.( proof of employment, taxes for at least recent and past 3 years, bank statements,paychecks, mortgage paperwork etc.)
2. POLICE CERTIFICATE (fiche anthropometrique) which is a record of history of any crimes or police records they may have.tou must bring one for every place you have lived in the past also. (TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH)
3. BIRTH CERTIFICATE (TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH)
4. COURT RECORD (sijil adli) (TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH)
5. MARITAL STATUS CERTIFICATE (TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH)
TAKE ORIGINAL AND TRANSLATED COPIES.
6. TWO (and maybe even some extra ) VISA PHOTOS (5cmx5cm)(we took 8)(ok i am going to say here that there is some confusion about the KIND OF PHOTOS THEY CALL VISA AND PASSPORT PHOTOS THAT DIFFER FROM USA. all you need to know it that you need the ones that is 5x5. i heard of some people who were told that they had the wrong sized photo and had to go and get the right size ...delaying the process)
8. recent new photos not in I-129F.
9. new additional proof of on going relationship (chat logs, engagement receipts, phone bills, letters, new travel tickets or boarding passes etc)
10. new letter of intent written recently by petitioner.
11. OF COURSE TAKE YOUR MEDICAL FOLDER OR THE DOCTOR MAY HAVE GIVEN IT DIRECTLY TO THE CONSULATE.
12. $350 american dollars or equivalent in dirham.
13. copies of all USCIS and NVC paperwork including RFEs.
WE GOT ALL THIS INFORMATION OFF THE MOROCCAN CONSULATE PAGE IN THE CONSULATE SECTION.
we spent the night at a friends place in casablanca since the interview was early in the morning and we are coming from marrakech.
we got to the consulate at about 8am and there was already a looooooong line.
but we did not have to wait in this line because i think that was for people applying for student or tourist visas.
about 8:40am my fiance went to one of the security people and asked if he could go in now since they said not to arrive more than 15 minutes before appointment time. they looked at a list and saw his name and told him to just go on inside. all he took with him was 2 packets of all the paperwork needed and the original I-129F. i waited outside on the steps to the side across the street with his backpack. they do not allow them inside.
this is what he tells me what happened step by step:
first he went to the outside window and there they asked for the 2 photos and his passport...
then he went inside and he sat down and after 5 or 10 minutes they called his name. he went to window #7 like a small office room...they asked him for the forms of all original and translated documents and evidence of support paperwork. this is when they asked him where was his police certificate form and he told them he just has what they asked for and one moroccan guy was very very nice and soft spoken but the other moroccan guy was alittle more loud and said he should have had this all on a list. my fiance said he never got any kind of list at all and in the end its this what he needed and didnt have. the two guys began talking to each other and the nice one said \\\"maybe they didnt include the list in his packet\\\". my fiance thought they were going to tell him to leave and come back another day when he has this police certificate form. but nope. they told him to go and pay his fee $350. at the cashier window and wait till they call him again.
then about 25 minutes later they called him back to window #7 to take his fingerprints. and at this time this moroccan guy asked him in darija some questions like \\\" where did you meet her?\\\" and he said \\\"online\\\" then he asked since when... he said \\\"2006\\\" ....he asked him if he speaks english and my fiance said \\\"yes very well\\\" then this guy took his phone number down and said ok go sit until we call you again.
he sat for like 1 hour....and watched all the other people having their interviews....
he was the last one left waiting....
before his name was actually called he did see this woman looking at some paperwork and he said he kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeew it was ours by how it looked. he knew how i marked certain pages and he could see that she was looking at our files and he saw her looking at our photos one by one very very closely.
then he heard his name and to go to window #2...
it was this same woman...
she had blond shoulder length hair,she was an american woman. they said \\\"how are you\\\" ...\\\"fine and thank you\\\" nice greetings to each other.....and then she said..\\\"lets begin the interview\\\"....
it was using a phone that he talked into while standing, and she was sitting at her computer.
here are the questions she asked as far as he can remember....
1. how did you meet her?
2. how long have you known her?
3. did she ever come to visit you? and how many times...(he said ...\\\"she came 15 times , 16 if you count this one ...shes outside waiting for me now\\\"...so they got an idea that i was there with him)
4. how old is your fiance? (i am 17 years older than him)
5. when did your relationship turn romantic? ( i think she asked about this because i was married when i met him...he made it clear that we did not get romantically serious until my divorce was done.)
6. when did she get her divorce?
7. does she have children and how many and why did they never come to morocco?
8. when did you get engaged?....(HE MISUNDERSTOOD ABOUT THIS PART AND SAID \\\"we are not engaged\\\" hahahahaha ...hes a bonehead...but he got confused about this and thought it meant \\\"got married already\\\")(he apologized and asked her to repeat the question because he misunderstood the meaning)
9. when did you propose?
10. where does she live?
11. what she does for a living/job?
12. how is her relationship with her family?
13. what does her father do? mother?
14. does she have any sisters or brothers? how many?
15. how does his family feel about him marrying a divorced woman?
16. whats her name?
17.where was she born?
18. did she ever give you any money for a loan or did you ever ask her for any money?
while he was being interviewed another american woman with shorter curly hair came in and they talked alittle bit about us between the two of them...
then she told him to go and have a seat until they call him again.
he was the only person left in the office.
about 5 minutes later she called him back....and said \\\"ok take this 221-G paper and get this police certificate, you need it for us to continue your process\\\" and she smiled and said \\\" everything is good, dont worry, just get this paper, bring it back and everything is ok, dont worry\\\" and he said thank you so much ..have a good day...and she kept his passport. she smiled alot and said \\\"bye bye\\\"
my fiance said thoughout this interview which lasted about 45 minutes, when she asked him a question...he didnt just answer in a short answer...he answered the question and gave more information that was in relation to the question...he talked and talked and talked even if she didnt want to hear it ...he talked...and she never stopped him. she listened and was very nice. she smiled when she was looking at some more photos that he brought in of us and of him and his nephew and she asked who he was. my fiance is not a very talkative kind of guy...but he said in the beginning he was very nervous but once he started talking to her, he couldnt shut up and just kept saying everything he knew about me and our life and everything..hahahahaha...he got very relaxed and just chatted away..and like i said...she never interrupted him and would nod her head and say \\\"hmm\\\" while smiling.
after 3 hours and 15 minutes in total he came walking out smiling and waving to me...and he said \\\" i dont know if its good or bad but they kept my passport and she said everything is ok, everything is fine, dont worry...BUT .....i need to get this paper that was missing from my files and get it translated and bring it back so they can continue our process\\\".
we didnt feel like we could \\\"YIPPEE!!!!\\\" yet...so it was put on hold until we knew FOR SURE....
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED BECAUSE GETTING THINGS DONE IN CASABLANCA TAKES TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!
we got there on the 14th and didnt leave until the 20th just waiting for this one piece of paperwork AAAAAAAAAAAAND THE CONSULATE DOES NOT TAKE PAPERS ON FRIDAYS OR WEEKENDS!!!!!! so we had to wait till 20th monday to turn it in.
when we went back to the window (which is only open between 1:00 and 3:30)to take this police certificate, the guy at the outside window asked him \\\"do we have your phone number?\\\" he said yes ...then he said \\\" ok then we will call you\\\".
and that was it.
we went back to marrakech and waited...then got the call 2 days later...\\\"COME AND PICK UP YOUR VISA AT 3:00pm tomorrow\\\"
*happy dancing* *happy dancing* *happy happy happy*!!!!
went back to casablanca and waited in a long line ....then went to outside window....his name was called by the same NICE MOROCCAN guy who remembered him from the interview day and he told him \\\"AH FINALLY YOU GOT IT HUH!! and my fiance said \\\"YES! THANK YOU!! *big smiles!...and PASSPORT WITH VISA WAS PUT IN HIS HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!
along with a big fat envelope that had alot of paperwork in it that says very clearly
DO NOT OPEN!!!!!!
we waited till we were outside the consulate area and then we YIPPEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!! and hugged forever!!
and thats everything that we can recall....
hope it helps some of you guys with the process!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just believe in your love and know that your love is real and true and they will see it and know it and feel it the same way you do....
just make double sure to have EVERYTHING YOU NEED!!!!!!
THERE ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE IN MOROCCO/CASABLANCA CONSULATE DESPITE WHAT WE HEAR ...THERE ARE STILL SUPER NICE PEOPLE THERE!!!!!!
Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:48 PM
Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:11 PM
Hello, how come you keep saying they dont look at the i-134 , We needed it. WE BROUGHT BOTH THE 1-864and THE I-134....what did you forget to write in the review? You should just write what you forgot... just a thought...Have A Great Week!
youre right amber...i should have written that we did take BOTH. I-864 and I-134.
Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:47 PM
Back to Top ↑
0 user(s) are browsing this forum
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.