Captain Ewok

How do I prove Extreme Hardship?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lithuania
Timeline

I live in the usa im a citizen and want to bring my fiancee from lithuania here to get married we dont have proof we met 2 years ago because my mom is very sick with severe lupus so i need to attend to her needs and help her also my dad has gotten operated in his leg so he needs my help to. As well as traveling to my fiancee country would be a hardship for me because i could loose a new job im probably getting, her being far away has as well brought me depression, and she wants to come here to stay with me and help out anyway she can.

Can this be used as a case for extreme hardship? Also i dont know if it will help adding it in there but, we can't have sex before marraige due to reliogious reasons and we're afraid it would happen if we met since we're in our 20s and have raging hormones.

Edited by JaysonValentina

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I live in the usa im a citizen and want to bring my fiancee from lithuania here to get married we dont have proof we met 2 years ago because my mom is very sick with severe lupus so i need to attend to her needs and help her also my dad has gotten operated in his leg so he needs my help to. As well as traveling to my fiancee country would be a hardship for me because i could loose a new job im probably getting, her being far away has as well brought me depression, and she wants to come here to stay with me and help out anyway she can.

Can this be used as a case for extreme hardship? Also i dont know if it will help adding it in there but, we can't have sex before marraige due to reliogious reasons and we're afraid it would happen if we met since we're in our 20s and have raging hormones.

i think the best way for you to bring your love to us is to marry her in her country. tell her to get everything ready and you will go just for 2 weeks for te ceremony. i dont think that the depression is enough. its better to find a new job that wait forever with the waiver processing.

K1 Visa

2010-08-15: I-129F Sent

2010-08-19: I-129F NOA1

2010-02-03: I-129F RFE(s)

2010-03-03: RFE Reply(s)

2011-06-29: I-129F NOA2

2011-07-02: NVC Received

2011-07-19: NVC Left

2011-07-21: Consulate Received

2011-07-25: Packet 3 Received

2011-07-26: Packet 3 Sent

2011-08-11: Packet 4 Received

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I just wanted to share my experience:

I paid thousands of dollars and consulted with 3 different attorneys until finally deciding on one. He is a great lawyer (Kaushik Ranchod). My wife had an overstay of almost 2 years in the US. The whole process took about 7 months to complete and finally we were united in the US. The whole process was very long and took time but we submitted all and everything we could with the waiver to avoid any delay in the waiver office requesting supporting documentation. Once the approval is granted it is a very straightforward downhill process.

You have to prove extreme hardship and support it with solid documentation. If you have children born in the US that is also a helpful factor. You can get a letter from your job, list your expenses and mention how leaving the job/US is going to harm you rather than benefit you. If you have any friends or relatives then get supporting letters from them as well, family and friends pictures also help in supporting all arguments. Education impact is also a considerable factor. I have provided the summary of everything above. File the . The waivers are harder to do if you are in the US.

One thing that we all forget to take into perspective is that ALL CASES ARE UNIQUE in their own way. We used to read blogs and posts on the internet and get worried that we were going to have the same denied or complex fate as experienced by some people but this is not the case. The adjudicators are also people with feelings and never deny a genuine case. They have to uphold the laws of the US. In my conversations with the lawyers they mentioned that it is important to be honest and list all the facts in detail. It is always a good idea to get a lawyer because they can provide some advise around filing the waiver. It is important that if you do decide to go with an attorney, please ensure that the attorney has done waivers before, otherwise don't go with them!

i wish all the people on this form the best of luck with their waivers!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm using a lawyer and he has done waivers before and he also gurantees that my husbands will get approved i'm really praying he's right.

A lawyer guaranteeing any kind of a specific outcome as a result of their actions is a lawyer I would personally stay away from. There are many good, highly qualified lawyers, but none of them can never guarantee any outcome with 100% certainty. And they should not claim that they can.

Adjustment of Status from F-1 to Legal Permanent Resident

02/11/2011 Married at Manhattan City Hall

03/03/2011 - Day 0 - AOS -package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

03/04/2011 - Day 1 - AOS -package signed for at USCIS

03/09/2011 - Day 6 - E-mail notification received for all petitions

03/10/2011 - Day 7 - Checks cashed

03/11/2011 - Day 8 - NOA 1 received for all 4 forms

03/21/2011 - Day 18 - Biometrics letter received, biometrics scheduled for 04/14/2011

03/31/2011 - Day 28 - Successful walk-in biometrics done

05/12/2011 - Day 70 - EAD Arrived, issued on 05/02

06/14/2011 - Day 103 - E-mail notice: Interview letter mailed, interview scheduled for July 20th

07/20/2011 - Day 139 - Interview at Federal Plaza USCIS location

07/22/2011 - Day 141 - E-mail approval notice received (Card production)

07/27/2011 - Day 146 - 2nd Card Production Email received

07/28/2011 - Day 147 - Post-Decision Activity Email from USCIS

08/04/2011 - Day 154 - Husband returns home from abroad; Welcome Letter and GC have arrived in the mail

("Resident since" date on the GC is 07/20/2011

• 3 months later...
Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I read all the post on this topic and wish to know if I would in a far standing to receive approve in extreme hardship.

I have been housebound for the past decade, with the occasional stroll outside. I suffer from agoraphobia and It's very difficult for me to travel around to far from home. I've even tried to jump out of a moving car a few years ago from panicking. I meet my fiancee over the internet last year and we have been talking everyday and wish to get married. I have my own house Dr who comes to see me when I need. And have my mom who lives down the road to take care of me. Now my mom want to move up north to take care of her mother and father who are both sick and in and out of the hospital, but is stuck here because I have no one else to help take care of my outside needs. If I had my fiancee here she could handle the work of my mom, who then could leave to care for her parents.

Would this be a good case in getting extreme hardship to get my fiancee to America.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I read all the post on this topic and wish to know if I would in a far standing to receive approve in extreme hardship....

Would this be a good case in getting extreme hardship to get my fiancee to America.

Are you talking about waiver of the "physical meeting within 2 years" requirement? If so, no, at least not without lots of proof from your doctor, and him having tried for a tourist visa at least a couple of times and being denied.

If he needs a waiver because of previous overstay, drugs etc then it would depend on his exact circumstances.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 2 months later...
Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How do I proof hardship on the beneficiary to be submitted by the USC?

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Timeline

How do I proof hardship on the beneficiary to be submitted by the USC?

You don't- only hardship on the USC is relevant.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You don't- only hardship on the USC is relevant.

Aye... thanks.

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

• 1 year later...

here is a link with some hardship letters people have written and been approved.

http://discuss.ilw.com/showthread.php?27181-APPROVED-sample-letters-illustrating-extreme-hardship-under-I-601/page3

towards the bottom there is also some info it seems a lawyer specializing in this field made a little point system to estimate whether or not your case woudl be approved. might at least give us all somewhere to start.

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Uganda
Timeline

I'm finding the summersurf hardship waiver astounding. I'm not sure how you got approval and what the definition of extreme hardship is for them if theirs got approved. It was filed in 2008, this may be a factor.

only, 1/3 of these applications are approved.

I filed mine in 2012 one week before my premature twins were born, as best I could while on bedrest and without an income. I had been hospitalized 2wice before during this pregnancy and was considered extrememly high risk. I was filing the paperwork and evidence with doctors notes and family letters while my doctor was calling me demanding that I be admitted to the hospital for an emergency C-section because I had HELLP syndrome. I refused to go because I needed to finish this filing. My blood preassure was at a dangerous level and I was becoming delerious while assembling the document. We also called my state representative to request that they negotiate with--in my case it was ICE because the husband had been previously deported and USCIS defers to ICE in those instances.

One month into my long recovery, ICE sends me a denial letter. I recovered slowly for the next 6 months. I applied for assistance because one has no other choice in this situation. I nearly lost my home while still suffering from hypertension and caring for my babies alone. Imagine! Homeless, sick, with two premature babes! The US taxpayer has footed the bill for this--at this point it is close to $400,000.

Hey! God Bless America!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

**** Thread locked as this is a pinned topic for information only. Please create your own thread about your own case if you have questions or need information ***

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.