Captain Ewok

How do I prove Extreme Hardship?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
It is not true necessarily that if you use an attorney you will be denied. The problem is that there are VERY few attorneys who are experienced with the waiver process or how to make a waiver packet.

She is right about immigrate2us though, it is THE place for waiver packet information. There are several attorneys recommended there for waivers as well. . .Laurel Scott, Heather Poole. . .and others. . .I would definitely do, and have done, an inquiry with one of these attorneys to see what they think.

I would day the problem is their prices, are so HIGH ....... plus they do not guarantee you are going to get your approval.

Im going to the procces soon, and after all ive read, ill rather do it by myself, reading a lot on those website you all named already, get a good packet of proofs, very organized, and pray all is ok, it only cost around 500 US. With a lawyer ti will be not less than 3000 US. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Yeah right - prayer is better than an attorney. You can believe what you want. Beause I had a good attorney, my interview lasted 2 minutes instead of 2 hours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

If anyone could answer - I'm wondering if the beneficiary is pregnant and they deny a visa anyway, could the USC apply for a waver for an extreme hardship, I mean is that a good good reason? Thanks for your answers :)(L)

bulgaria_mwp.gifusa_mwp.gif

CSC USCIS ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-02-19 : I-130 package sent_________________2009-02-20 : I-130 Received in Chicago, IL

2009-02-27 : NOA1 Approved____________________2009-05-04 : NOA2 Approved

NVC ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-05-11 : NVC case # assigned

2009-05-19 : DS-3032/AOS Bill Generated__________2009-05-20 : DS-3032 e-mailed; AOS/I-864 Bill (paid online $70)

2009-05-26 : Sent In Completed I-864

2009-06-04 : e-mailed DS-3032 accepted by NVC____2009-06-04 : IV Fee bill generated, paid online $400

2009-06-08 : DS-230 mailed to NVC

2009-07-10 : Case complete - in 141 days

2009-07-21 : Interview expedite request e-mailed to NVC

2009-07-27 : NVC replied NO to expedite request

2009-07-29 : NVC e-mailed an interview date for Sept.15th

2009-08-07 : Case left NVC

2009-08-10 : DHL shipped file

2009-08-12 : Case received in USEM, Sofia

2009-08-24 : Medical scheduled

2009-08-25 : Interview re-scheduled

2009-08-28 : Visa in hand

2009-09-01 : US entry - Boston, MA

2009-09-15 : Welcome letter sent (21st Sept received)

2009-09-30 : GC production ordered

2009-10-08 : GC received

2010-02-01 : little D was born :)

VSC ~ROC~ Journey

2011-06-03 : mailed ROC package

2011-06-06: ROC NOA1

2011-07-08: Biometrics appointment

2012-02-25: GC Approval

2012-03-....: PGC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Pregnancy is almost never a reason for anything. If it helped people with getting through the process every one would get pregnant. Sorry

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Pregnancy is almost never a reason for anything. If it helped people with getting through the process every one would get pregnant. Sorry

thank you for your answer. we didn't plan it, it just happened after more than a year of tries. god knows his ways? :innocent:

bulgaria_mwp.gifusa_mwp.gif

CSC USCIS ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-02-19 : I-130 package sent_________________2009-02-20 : I-130 Received in Chicago, IL

2009-02-27 : NOA1 Approved____________________2009-05-04 : NOA2 Approved

NVC ~CR-1 Visa~ Journey

2009-05-11 : NVC case # assigned

2009-05-19 : DS-3032/AOS Bill Generated__________2009-05-20 : DS-3032 e-mailed; AOS/I-864 Bill (paid online $70)

2009-05-26 : Sent In Completed I-864

2009-06-04 : e-mailed DS-3032 accepted by NVC____2009-06-04 : IV Fee bill generated, paid online $400

2009-06-08 : DS-230 mailed to NVC

2009-07-10 : Case complete - in 141 days

2009-07-21 : Interview expedite request e-mailed to NVC

2009-07-27 : NVC replied NO to expedite request

2009-07-29 : NVC e-mailed an interview date for Sept.15th

2009-08-07 : Case left NVC

2009-08-10 : DHL shipped file

2009-08-12 : Case received in USEM, Sofia

2009-08-24 : Medical scheduled

2009-08-25 : Interview re-scheduled

2009-08-28 : Visa in hand

2009-09-01 : US entry - Boston, MA

2009-09-15 : Welcome letter sent (21st Sept received)

2009-09-30 : GC production ordered

2009-10-08 : GC received

2010-02-01 : little D was born :)

VSC ~ROC~ Journey

2011-06-03 : mailed ROC package

2011-06-06: ROC NOA1

2011-07-08: Biometrics appointment

2012-02-25: GC Approval

2012-03-....: PGC received

• 3 months later...
Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Ok, so i got a letter in my mail today that the evidence I mailed was insufficient. That's a big problem because I filed it by myself. Me and my ExHusband separated before I had to file I751. I really don't know what to do. I have 6 weeks to mail the USCIS more evidence, but I have no kids or a health condition or anything.

So am I screwed?

I need help because I live here for 3 1/2 years now.... I don't have anything in germany. So I would have to satrt over again? I just got my own appartment and everything and now I have to give it up?

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Does anyone have an example extreme hardship letter format that is successful?

My first request for extreme hardship was declined for need of more evidence.. I focused on several simple supportable facts and medical documentation and more is needed.

He is ill and doctors recommend he seek advanced treatment.. I can not go there to be with him and I have children here.

We have all medical documentation, but I do not want to fund more tests there if they can not heal him as he suffers greatly.

I would rather focus money on his recovery than lawyers right now and I am certain if I can find a boilerplate for what a successful request looks like, I can model the supporting evidence to deliver the supportable relief..

THanks in advance for any advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Dawn, there are a few successful hardship letters posted at www.immigrate2us.$net (take out the dollar sign).

Are you the US Citizen?

Did you provide evidence to prove that you will suffer extreme hardship if you move to your husband's country?

I am pretty sure that your hardship letter will have to show why YOU can't simply move to where your husband is, and also why he is needed here.

Maybe somebody out there knows if there are special rules pertaining to cases where non-US citizen is ill. I think, though, the non-US citizen isn't their concern - you are. Hopefully, somebody can clear it up.

I wish you well in any event.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does anyone have an example extreme hardship letter format that is successful?

My first request for extreme hardship was declined for need of more evidence.. I focused on several simple supportable facts and medical documentation and more is needed.

He is ill and doctors recommend he seek advanced treatment.. I can not go there to be with him and I have children here.

We have all medical documentation, but I do not want to fund more tests there if they can not heal him as he suffers greatly.

I would rather focus money on his recovery than lawyers right now and I am certain if I can find a boilerplate for what a successful request looks like, I can model the supporting evidence to deliver the supportable relief..

THanks in advance for any advice.

You focus on the wrong person in your post. Immigrations couldn't care less if your husband was starving in a ditch covering with oozing sores. He is a foreigner and as such they don't care. You letter has to concentrate on the negative effects this is having on you ( USC) and your children (USC) Gather things about the hardships of living there. Maybe it has to deal with safety , maybe your child will be at risk. If the travel.state.gov site has nasty things to say about the country reference that. If the world health organization says nasty thing reference it.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Thanks for the advice on proving hardship.. My initial request was declined.

As we are now in July from my April submit, I am going to try to just live with the hardship because proving the criticality of its situation was taking an intense personal toll on me.

I am going to have faith that the systems work and IF I have completed everything correctly, we are looking at 58 more days or so through standard process.. I can not get him medical care until he is here anyway. AND I am not at all sure the AVERAGE reviewer of this stuff is going to appreciate the impact of a wife, mom and business owner who has a sick husband that she can only talk to for 3 minutes while we try to manage life and business with his illness. Probably better to conserve my energy for the positive notions of bringing him here, and immediately seeking the care he needs..

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Waviers are very tricky, Make sure you have proof for everything u submit to the embassy. I was just approved for my husband's I601 and I212 wavier this past Feb 7th, 07. But I had to refile them because the first time they were denied. Check out the Immigrate2us.net website, and see if there is a letter on there that can help you draft your own. By the way I do not recommend using an attorny for this. It is my personal experiance that if you use an attorny then you will be denied.

Why do yuo think they are denies if using an attorney??

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Extreme Hardship sounds very difficult to prove. In my case I wonder if when I decided to move to the Dominican Repulic to be with my husband while his Visa was apporived was a bad idea. My husband was deported and I know we are going to need to file the I-601 and the I-212, and I'm also sure we will need a hardship letter, but since I am still living in the Dominican Republic I don't think I can show extreme hardship. I really want to go back home, but the only reason I'm hear is because I promised my husband I wouldn't go back without him and everyday I wake up in this Country I just want to go home. So how I prove extreme hardship? Do you think it would be a good idea to go back home to the U.S?

• 8 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.