ARNEE1

HOW LONG DOES DHL TAKE?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE!! I HAVE MY INTERVIEW DATE FOR MID JULY. I CHOSE MY DHL LOCATION IN JUAREZ. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET YOUR VISA THRU DHL, A COUPLE YEARS AGO MY COUSIN WENT THRU THIS WHOLE PROGRESS AND THEY RECEIVED THEIR PACKAGE THRU DHL IN ONLY A COUPLE OF DAYS LIKE 2 DAYS OR NO MORE THAN 3. BUT I READ THAT IT TAKES A LOT MORE DAYS NOW. HAS ANYONE GONE TO THEIR INTERVIEW LATELY AND GONE THRU THIS? HOW LONG DID IT TAKE U GUYS?? I WANTED TO KNOW BECAUSE I WANT TO GET A BALLPARK FIGURE HOW MUCH IM GOING TO NEED IN HOTEL COSTS, ALSO DO U RECOMMEND ANY HOTEL I SHOULD LOOK AT, THAT ARE CLOSE TO THE CONSULATE BUT ABOVE ALL SAFE. ALSO NOT SO EXPENSIVE ESPECIALLY IF I GOTTA BE THERE FOR A WHILE. OH YEAH AND ALSO CAN SOME ONE TELL ME HOW TO GET MY (WAY BILL) OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, IT SAYS I NEED THAT TO PICK UP MY VISA FROM THE DHL OFFICE. THANKS IN ADVAMCE HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE SOON.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If everything goes ok, you should have it in a couple of days, that's what I have been reading, unless they ask you to re do your fingerprints or something. Im also staying there to wait for it, I am staying at La Quinta, it's not as expensive as the others and they have shuttles to take you to the consulate, dhl, etc. Also, people recommend to go directly to dhl to check for your package, instead of waiting to check it on the internet site, as they dont update frequently

Edited by Sarah&Michael

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

05-16-2011 Packet 3 received

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-01-2011 Interview & approved!

08-03-2011 Got the visas!

08-04-2011 POE Juarez, 5 minutes at 6:10 am!!

08-19-2011 Married

10-19-2011 AOS package sent

11-08-2011 AOS package re-sent

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

12-20-2011 BIO apointment

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

If everything goes ok, you should have it in a couple of days, that's what I have been reading, unless they ask you to re do your fingerprints or something. Im also staying there to wait for it, I am staying at La Quinta, it's not as expensive as the others and they have shuttles to take you to the consulate, dhl, etc. Also, people recommend to go directly to dhl to check for your package, instead of waiting to check it on the internet site, as they dont update frequently

thanks sarah&Michael!! We have our interview the day after u guys on the 20th. on the 19 she has the appointment for her fingerprints and on Monday the 18th shes doing her medical exam. i went to hotel ibis's website and it says they're right next to the consulate, and if u reserve the room at least 20 days in advance the rate is only 36 dollars a night. the hotel looks fine online, i was wondering if u heard anything about that hotel?? i hope it only takes a couple days for dhl to get the visa cus i had heard that it takes anywere from 10 days to a month. i sure hope not that would be soo expensive staying there so many days, but if it is tru i would like to reserve the room for more nights so i dont have to pay the 10 extra dollars per night for staying there without an advance reservation, if u hear anything new let me know, thanks!!!!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.