taniya

How to update a case with NVC after becoming USC from LPR

5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I have been living in USA for last five years as a LPR & sending N400 to USCIS for naturalization. Meanwhile, I have an alien relative visa petition pending with NVC for my spouse, which has been affected by Visa Retrogession & may take longer for his priority date become current. As I had filed that petition with my current LPR status, I am planning to update my citizenship status into that petition after naturalization completed. Therefore I am wondering:

1. How can I update my status of citizenship with NVC?

2. Would NVC ask me to start up the whole process from beginning with my spouse petition as the category will be changed?

3. What kind of additional documents may NVC or USCIS ask for update my status into my spouse visa petition?

I will be grateful to you for sharing your experience and knowledge related to the above concern.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/B1en.pdf This is an answer straight from the horse's mouth. I am sure you will find it helpful. Read under the "What if I filed a petition for a relative when I was a permanent resident, but I am now a U.S. citizen? " bottom left on page 2.

Good luck!

Edited by gigi_a

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/B1en.pdf This is an answer straight from the horse's mouth. I am sure you will find it helpful. Read under the "What if I filed a petition for a relative when I was a permanent resident, but I am now a U.S. citizen? " bottom left on page 2.

Good luck!

It is written there "Please include a letter with information regarding your relative, a copy of your Naturalization Certificate, and a copy of the petition approval notice." Can anyone please tell me what is the "petition approval notice" stated here??

Thanks a bunch!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It is written there "Please include a letter with information regarding your relative, a copy of your Naturalization Certificate, and a copy of the petition approval notice." Can anyone please tell me what is the "petition approval notice" stated here??

Thanks a bunch!

That will be ur NOA2

USCIS Process - CR-1 Visa

Service Center :: California Service Center

Consulate :: MUMBAI - INDIA

08 / 05 / 2010 :: I-130 Sent

02 / 10 / 2011 :: NOA-2 - TXT and Email ***After Senator Help Was Requested

02 / 19 / 2011 :: Hardcopy Received in Snail Mail

Total 185 Days For Approval

NVC Process - 19 Days to Reach NVC

02 / 28 / 2011 :: NVC Receive

05 / 16 / 2011 :: Sign in Failed

05 / 17 / 2011 :: NVC Case Complete

Total 78 Days for Completion At NVC

Medical / Interview / POE

05 / 26 / 2011 :: Interview Date Received - Packet 4

06 / 07 / 2011 :: Medical - DONE

07 / 05 / 2011 :: VFS Fees Paid

07 / 18 / 2011 :: Interview - APPROVED

07 / 18 / 2011 :: Picked up Visa in the Evening

07 / 23 / 2011 :: P.O.E - Washington DC - Dulles Airport

WIFE IS FINALLY HERE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.