Captain Ewok

Immigration Guides for Foreign Relatives

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi can anyone let me know the timeline for I-130 petition for parents? I have already received the notice of Action in the mail today saying that they have received the applications. What comes next?

Any assistance that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi can anyone let me know the timeline for I-130 petition for parents? I have already received the notice of Action in the mail today saying that they have received the applications. What comes next?

Thank you!

About year start to finish.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I just heard on NPR yesterday that the new Immigration bill was deleting the ability for sibling based sponsorship for green cards. They were talking about the bill going up for vote today - and it was just passed.

Anyone know if the final bill got rid of Sibling path to citizenship?

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-09-04
I-129F NOA2 : 2010-01-04
NVC Received : 2010-01-12
Consulate Received : 2010-01-20
Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-20
Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-22
Interview Date : 2010-02-16
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2010-02-18
US Entry : 2010-03-02
Marriage : 2010-04-21
AOS Date Filed : 2010-05-29
AOS NOA Date : 2010-06-07
Bio. Appt. : 2010-12-01
Interview Date : 2011-01-12
Approval Date : 2011-01-12
Got I551 Stamp : No
Green Card: 2011-01-22

Lifting Cond Filed: 2012-11-06

Lifting Cond NOA: 2012-11-09

Lifting Cond Bio: 2012-11-30 (early @ 2012-11-28)

Lifting Cond Approval: 2013-05-28

Lifting Cond Card: *waiting*

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you!

Timeline

Hi,

Check this out: (Process for my mother, status: widow)

-Sep 24 2012: USCIS Received I130. Case Number: EAC12********

-Jun 04 2013 : USCIS Approved I130. (It took 253 days= 8.5months)

-Jul 01 2013 : NVC emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent & Address) & AOS. (From USCIS to NVC 27 days):

*NVC Case Number: CSB2013******

*Invoice I.D. Number (AOS): 342****7

*Beneficiary I.D. Number: 342****2

-Jul 02 2013: payed AOS ($88) & mailed both DS-3032 & AOS (I-864EZ) package To NVC (Both envelopes are regular USPS mail that will arrive Friday Jul 05,2013).

-Now: I am waiting for the IV invoice.

AOS Package: (my package had 10 pages total)

-Cover Sheet (printed after $88 AOS fee got paid) /1page total/

-I-864EZ Form. Use EZ "easy" Version if Applicant is a family member & the Application involves one Visa only (not group of people like a whole family) & You are using IRS-W2 proves only (means your jobs or retirement only). /5pages total/

-Copy of Tax Transcript (the free 3 Years Tax Account Transcripts From irs.gov). Order only Tax Account Transcripts (not Tax Return Transcripts), it is one page for each year and it has all information the NVC needs. /3 pages total/.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript

-Copy of Your Passport or Copy of your Citizenship Certificate. /1page total/.

So the USCIS process is taking so long

I Hope that helped,

Let me know if you need any help,

Best

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

Check this out: (Process for my mother, status: widow)

-Sep 24 2012: USCIS Received I130. Case Number: EAC12********

-Jun 04 2013 : USCIS Approved I130. (It took 253 days= 8.5months)

-Jul 01 2013 : NVC emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent & Address) & AOS. (From USCIS to NVC 27 days):

*NVC Case Number: CSB2013******

*Invoice I.D. Number (AOS): 342****7

*Beneficiary I.D. Number: 342****2

-Jul 02 2013: payed AOS ($88) & mailed both DS-3032 & AOS (I-864EZ) package To NVC (Both envelopes are regular USPS mail that will arrive Friday Jul 05,2013).

-Now: I am waiting for the IV invoice.

AOS Package: (my package had 10 pages total)

-Cover Sheet (printed after $88 AOS fee got paid) /1page total/

-I-864EZ Form. Use EZ "easy" Version if Applicant is a family member & the Application involves one Visa only (not group of people like a whole family) & You are using IRS-W2 proves only (means your jobs or retirement only). /5pages total/

-Copy of Tax Transcript (the free 3 Years Tax Account Transcripts From irs.gov). Order only Tax Account Transcripts (not Tax Return Transcripts), it is one page for each year and it has all information the NVC needs. /3 pages total/.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript

-Copy of Your Passport or Copy of your Citizenship Certificate. /1page total/.

So the USCIS process is taking so long

I Hope that helped,

Let me know if you need any help,

Best

Hi, Im new to the forum and I had some questions,

Im petitioning my mother who lives in South America, it already got approved, and I just receive the Nvc letter last week (I see we have the same timeline), asking to pay AoS, I did, and it says Paid already. I know I gotta fill out the I864 and DS 3032. I dont work so my husband is the join sponsor. What I864 should I fill out? I see theres many of them. what documents I need to send with that? Can I send both forms and documents together?

thank you very much for your help!

Timeline

You can not fill I-864EZ if you are not the only sponsor, you do have to fill I-864 out, and your husband I-864A

here's the AOS package and what's needed:

-bar coded cover sheet from the payment portal for the AOS bill

-cover letter (optional, but recommended)

-I-864, completed and signed by you

-I-864A, completed and signed by your husband

-tax information of yours

-tax information of your husband's

-employment letter of your husband's (optional, but recommended)

-pay stubs of your husband's (optional, but recommended)

-proof of husband's US citizenship or residency (US birth certificate, US passport, US naturalization certificate, US green card)

-you and your husband's marriage certificate

the IV package for your mom:

-bar coded cover sheet of IV bill

-DS-230, completed and only part 1 signed

-two passport pictures (with your mom's name, birthdate, and case number written on the back of both)

-mom's original/certified copy of birth certificate

-mom's marriage certificate

-original/certified copy of death certificate of her husband (if she is Widow)

-copy of bio-data page of mom's passport

-mom's original police certificate(s)

-original/certified copy of your birth certificate

-original/certified copy of your marriage

Regards

(Source: This Website)

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am USC and i want to petition for my junior brother through the I-130 ( petition for Alien relative) but i don't know how long this would take.Please who knows how long the petition would take ?

Filed: Timeline

You can not fill I-864EZ if you are not the only sponsor, you do have to fill I-864 out, and your husband I-864A

here's the AOS package and what's needed:

-bar coded cover sheet from the payment portal for the AOS bill

-I-864, completed and signed by you

-I-864A, completed and signed by your husband

-tax information of yours

-tax information of your husband's

-employment letter of your husband's (optional, but recommended)

-pay stubs of your husband's (optional, but recommended)

-proof of husband's US citizenship or residency (US birth certificate, US passport, US naturalization certificate, US green card)

-you and your husband's marriage certificate

the IV package for your mom:

-bar coded cover sheet of IV bill

-DS-230, completed and only part 1 signed

-two passport pictures (with your mom's name, birthdate, and case number written on the back of both)

-mom's original/certified copy of birth certificate

-mom's marriage certificate

-original/certified copy of death certificate of her husband (if she is Widow)

-copy of bio-data page of mom's passport

-mom's original police certificate(s)

-original/certified copy of your birth certificate

-original/certified copy of your marriage

Regards

(Source: This Website)

Wow I had no idea I needed all of this. I made the payment but in the instructions they gave me after doesnt mention what documents and what forms exactly.Thank you very much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am USC and i want to petition for my junior brother through the I-130 ( petition for Alien relative) but i don't know how long this would take.Please who knows how long the petition would take ?

Currently there is a 12 year wait for a visa number.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

***** Mod Notice: Do not ask questions about your case in this thread. This thread is for general information. Please start your own thread, explaining your case in as much detail as possible and asking your question. *****

Thank you for the mod notice !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Thread locked as this is a pinned topic for information only. Please create your own thread about your own case if you have questions or need information ***

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.