anewlifewith<3

When the embassy says they received the electronic file does that mean my case number is in their system?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, i need your help again...

I emailed the US Embassy in manila to ask if they have received my approved I-129F.

And they replied:

We received the electronic file from the State Department's National Visa Center (NVC) on May 20, 2011, and should receive the U.S. Immigration Service-approved visa petition (Form I-129F) shortly.

As soon as we receive the I-129F petition from NVC, you will be notified in writing regarding the interview scheduling procedures.

Does this mean that my case number is in their system? NVC mailed the physical file to the embassy on May 18, they should have it by now right?

And also, I paid the visa fee on May 30, but every time i try to get an interview appointmentonline, i get the following error messages and it's been two days since I paid the visa fee:

• Please check date of issue of Fee receipt. It is valid 2 working days up to 1 year from date of issue.
  • Are you entering details of the Fee receipt issued in your name?
  • If the data is rightly captured and unable to create a new appointment select ‘Exit’ button and contact our help line for further information.

How long should I wait before I can schedule for an interview? :-?

Thanks much :)

“It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations” Kahlil Gibran

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been waiting for that email for 18 days, and we got it today. They send me a follow email more likely saying that I am eligible for an interview. After weeks of waiting we can finally set up an interview appointment. Did you try yours?

K1 Visa -

AOS Timeline
AUG 24 2011 > K1 Visa POE San Francisco CA (Finally
OCT 06 2011 > Got Married in Redwood City CA (Ehem!)

NOV 14 2011 > SUBMITTED I-1485, I-765 & I-131 Application via USPS to Chicago Lockbox
NOV 18 2011 > Received text and email (I-797 Notice of action was sent via mail)
NOV 26 2011 > Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for DECEMBER 13...
DEC 13 2011 > BIOMETRICS DONE
JAN 07 2011 > Received INTERVIEW Notice for FEB 1st!
JAN 14 2012 > EAD RECEIVED
FEB 01 2012 > INTERVIEW DONE we got APPROVED for conditional GREENCARD yESSSS!!!

I-751 Removal of Condition Journey
DEC 27 2013 > Sent I-751 packet Laguna Niguel Office, CSC
JAN 2 2014 > Packet sent back because of wrong filing fee (wrote $585 instead of $590)
JAN 2 2014 > Re-sent I-751 packet with the correct filing fee this time
JAN 6 2014 > They have received my packet

JAN 9 2014 > Check enchashed

JAN 12 2014> Received Biometrics Appointment

JAN 31 2014> Biometrics done!

April 30 2014> GC Approved

May 4 2014> Letter received Card in production

May 7 2014> Received 10 yr GC! WEEEEEE!!! THANK GOD!

Watch our cute wedding video!

Timeline

I have been waiting for that email for 18 days, and we got it today. They send me a follow email more likely saying that I am eligible for an interview. After weeks of waiting we can finally set up an interview appointment. Did you try yours?

Thanks for your response! :)

I tried to schedule for an interview today, i still couldn't. Its the same error message.

The embassy told me that they have the electronic file, but they are still waiting for the physical file to arrive.

But NVC told me they mailed the file last May 18. Hmmm :?

did 18 days include weekends? or is it 18 working days?

“It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations” Kahlil Gibran

Timeline

Thanks for your response! :)

I tried to schedule for an interview today, i still couldn't. Its the same error message.

The embassy told me that they have the electronic file, but they are still waiting for the physical file to arrive.

But NVC told me they mailed the file last May 18. Hmmm :?

did 18 days include weekends? or is it 18 working days?

LOL Good question, its 18 day including weekends. I have been trying to schedule an appointment for the last 2 days but no luck. I don't know whats wrong, still the same error message. Grrrr

K1 Visa -

AOS Timeline

NOV 14 2011 > SUBMITTED I-1485, I-765 & I-131 Application via USPS to Chicago Lockbox
NOV 18 2011 > Received text and email (I-797 Notice of action was sent via mail)
FEB 01 2012 > INTERVIEW DONE we got APPROVED for conditional GREENCARD yESSSS!!!

JAN 2 2014 > Packet sent back because of wrong filing fee (wrote $585 instead of $590)

Timeline

They updated their system. The old link to K1 Visa Scheduling no longer exists :)

Here's the new way of scheduling your K1 Visa online.

1. Go to the ustraveldocs -> Philippines homepage http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

2. On the "Nonimmigrant Visa Application" area, click on "Apply for a Visa"

-> this will take you to "Apply for a Visa" page http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visaapply.asp

3. Scroll down, you will see an "Apply Now" button, click that.

-> it will take you to this page https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

->The following statement should be displayed on the page:

"To schedule a visa interview, you need to register and create a profile. If you are already registered, sign in on this page.

If you are a first-time user, clickNew User?to create your profile."

4a. If you are a New User, click "New User" (the words are in white color).

4b. If you have already registered or created your profile before, enter your "Username" and "Password" on their respective fields.

Don't forget to type the words shown in the box, after the Password textbox.

5. After logging in or after registering, it will take you to your personal page called "My Dashboard"

This will allow you to keep track of the progress of your visa application from start to finish.

6. On the items shown on the left side of your dashboard, click on "Schedule an Appointment"

7. Visa Type: Immigrant Visa

8. Post : Manila

9. Visa Category: K Visas

10. Visa Class : K1

11. Personal Data

- enter your personal information here

12.Dependents

- Add dependents if you are scheduling for yourself and your relative. Don't click Add Dependent if you

are scheduling for yourself ONLY.

13. Specify Documentation Delivery

14. Payment Information

\- Enter the information but in the "Receipt Number" textbox, enter your passport number.

15. And finally, select a date for your interview.

Done! Your appointment has been scheduled! You may email the confirmation page as a PDF attachment and print it later :)

The earliest interview date as of this morning is July 6. I had mine scheduled for July 7. Good luck and God Bless :)

Timeline

They updated their system. The old link to K1 Visa Scheduling no longer exists :)

1. Go to the ustraveldocs -> Philippines homepage http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

-> this will take you to "Apply for a Visa" page http://www.ustraveld...v-visaapply.asp

"To schedule a visa interview, you need to register and create a profile. If you are already registered, sign in on this page.

4b. If you have already registered or created your profile before, enter your "Username" and "Password" on their respective fields.

5. After logging in or after registering, it will take you to your personal page called "My Dashboard"

This will allow you to keep track of the progress of your visa application from start to finish.

6. On the items shown on the left side of your dashboard, click on "Schedule an Appointment"

11. Personal Data

12.Dependents

- Add dependents if you are scheduling for yourself and your relative. Don't click Add Dependent if you

14. Payment Information

\- Enter the information but in the "Receipt Number" textbox, enter your passport number.

Done! Your appointment has been scheduled! You may email the confirmation page as a PDF attachment and print it later :)

The earliest interview date as of this morning is July 6. I had mine scheduled for July 7. Good luck and God Bless :)

YEAH! YOU SHOULD MAKE A REPOST FOR THIS SO THE OWNER OF THIS SITE WILL PIN THIS ON PHILIPPINE PORTALS OR HERE!

K1 Visa -

AOS Timeline

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, i need your help again...

I emailed the US Embassy in manila to ask if they have received my approved I-129F.

And they replied:

We received the electronic file from the State Department's National Visa Center (NVC) on May 20, 2011, and should receive the U.S. Immigration Service-approved visa petition (Form I-129F) shortly.

As soon as we receive the I-129F petition from NVC, you will be notified in writing regarding the interview scheduling procedures.

Does this mean that my case number is in their system? NVC mailed the physical file to the embassy on May 18, they should have it by now right?

And also, I paid the visa fee on May 30, but every time i try to get an interview appointmentonline, i get the following error messages and it's been two days since I paid the visa fee:

• Please check date of issue of Fee receipt. It is valid 2 working days up to 1 year from date of issue.
  • Are you entering details of the Fee receipt issued in your name?
  • If the data is rightly captured and unable to create a new appointment select ‘Exit’ button and contact our help line for further information.

How long should I wait before I can schedule for an interview? :-?

Thanks much :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

your case is not not yet in their system...thay just received it!wait for their email stating that you are eligible for visa interview then thats the time that your file is in their system aleady.goodluck

Timeline

-> this will take you to "Apply for a Visa" page http://www.ustraveld...v-visaapply.asp

11. Personal Data

12.Dependents

14. Payment Information

yay!! i was able to schedule!! so does that mean they already have file??! i havent gotten a letter from them though, is that okay? earliest available date they had was july 13, i chose 14;) thanks so much :dance:

K1 Visa
1/03/2011--------------- sent i-129f package to Lewisville, TX
1/13/2011--------------- NOA1 hard copy
5/12/2011--------------- NOA2!!! (approved in 126 days)
5/17/2011--------------- NOA2 hard copy
7/14/2011-------------- INTERVIEW DAY! ( IM APPROVED!!!! YES!!! )
7/23/2011-------------- Visa On Hand
8/26/2011-------------- POE - San Francisco

10/15/2011------------ MARRIED!!

AOS Journey
11/16/2011------------ AOS sent
11/26/2011------------ NOA hard copy
12/08/2011------------ Biometrics appointment letter received for 12/22/11 9AM
12/09/2011------------- Transfer Notice: AOS transferred to CSC
12/22/2011------------- Biometrics done in Memphis, Tn.
01/17/2012------------- EAD received
06/18/2012------------- Card in production
06/23/2012------------- Card finally on hand!

ROC 3/08/2014

Timeline

Great! :) What I did was send them an email and they responded saying that they have my file and I'm now eligible for an interview.

They also said that they notified me in writing but that I need not wait for the hardcopy of the letter. It takes them a few hours to reply. Good luck! :)

yay!! i was able to schedule!! so does that mean they already have file??! i havent gotten a letter from them though, is that okay? earliest available date they had was july 13, i chose 14;) thanks so much :dance:

Timeline

Great! :) What I did was send them an email and they responded saying that they have my file and I'm now eligible for an interview.

They also said that they notified me in writing but that I need not wait for the hardcopy of the letter. It takes them a few hours to reply. Good luck! :)

hmm.. i guess i should send them another email..ive emailed them regarding my case twice already :lol: one more time wont hurt :lol: thanks!!! :thumbs:

K1 Visa

AOS Journey

ROC 3/08/2014

If you were able to schedule an interview appointment, that means the USEM has your file and they have entered it into their system.

You don't need the eligibility letter the Embassy sends out.

If you want to see the eligibility letter, please click here.

Timeline

If you were able to schedule an interview appointment, that means the USEM has your file and they have entered it into their system.

You don't need the eligibility letter the Embassy sends out.

If you want to see the eligibility letter, please click here.

Thanks!:thumbs:

K1 Visa

AOS Journey

ROC 3/08/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.