zenyouness

CR1 interview given 221g ask to wait 2 weeks

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi my husband had his interview 5/31/11 for CR-1, after a few questions the CO ask to see the wedding pictures, as he looks at them he says, why didn't you have a large extravagant wedding at a center? Why was the wedding in your house? He then tells my husband, I don't think you married for love. He did not ask to see any evidence ie: letters, chat logs, calls. He then takes the green paper out of the passport and hands the passport over to my husband and gives him a 221-g just saying we will call you in 2 weeks for an answer, then he keeps the pictures and at that point he ask for the paper proof, he then returns all original documents we've submitted, sends him on his way and says wait for a call in 2 weeks.

Now from all that I have read here if you get your passport back is not good news, but yet they did not ask for anything else! since we had sent all pertenant paper work. Why they will give him his passport back if they will be contacting him in 2 weeks? Can any one give me any idea if this has happened and what it means? I am heart broken, I don't know what to think or hope for.

Edited by zenyouness

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

They gave the passport back because it may well take longer than two weeks.

Looks like they may do in-depth investigations into your relationship (visits to the neighbourhood, contacting his co-workers egtc).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

My husband got his passport back after the interview and we were issued a visa with no problems. In fact, I called the consulate and the person I spoke to told me we were approved but had to wait for the name checks and such to be completed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Aww i feel your pain. My husband just got a 221(g) at his visa interview for CR1 in mumbai, india last night. He had applied for a student visa in 2009 after he met me because he wanted to go to school here plus be with me. His student visa was denied. That worked against him last night. They think that sine he couldn't get to the US through student visa we are forging a wedding even though we showed that it was a church wedding with lots of people and guests and pastors. We also showed honeymoon pictures but they wanted to see hotel receipts which we lost somewhere along the way. They wanted to see joint bank accounts but we couldn't open a joint bank account in India because I was a US citizen and had nothing typing me to India

THey asked for 4 documents

1. Hotel receipts - we are trying to call the hotels now and get them.

2. Joint accounts - I filed a joint tax return for 2010. Im going to show that. I applied for a tax ID number for him.

3. Communication between me and him since our wedding - We are going to show our hat conversations

4. Post marked letters dated feb 2009 - we didn't post mail anything but we do have greeting cards we send each other and emails that we wrote to each other since 2009.

I know its heartbreaking after expecting everything to go ok. But God is with you. Stay strong! Get the documents together that they require.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi,

i had an interview at the us embassy last month too.the officer said that my visa is aproved but i have to wait for administration processing 221g. They still have my passport and they gave me the green ticket. The officer was nice and he said i should be patient they will call me back then to bring the green ticket with me and take my passport.

I have been waiting since 3 weeks and no call.

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your kind words and for giving me hope. My hubby recived a call yesterday exactly 1 week afer his first interview and was ask to go for a second interview 6/14/11. I call the embassy and they said it just normal processing, the CO said a desition has not been made yet, we have to wait until the second interview is conducted. It is sooooo hard to go through this process it is nerve wrecking, I have not been able to sleep for a week thinking whats going to happen? Will he be denied? I just hope all goes well the 14 is just a few days from now I will keep you guys posted and again thank you to all.

I miss him soo.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I recommend bringing letters from both families acknowledging the marriage and relationship. You want to be well prepared for #2.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your kind words and for giving me hope. My hubby recived a call yesterday exactly 1 week afer his first interview and was ask to go for a second interview 6/14/11. I call the embassy and they said it just normal processing, the CO said a desition has not been made yet, we have to wait until the second interview is conducted. It is sooooo hard to go through this process it is nerve wrecking, I have not been able to sleep for a week thinking whats going to happen? Will he be denied? I just hope all goes well the 14 is just a few days from now I will keep you guys posted and again thank you to all.

I miss him soo.

Hi and sorry for what you have been through. So did your husband got the visa?, what happened in the next interview.

Lina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.