eagle2020

converting visa from B1/B2 into F1 visa!!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have a B1/B2 visa that I'm thinking about coverting into F1 visa when I get into the US I just have few questions:

1- How long does it take to convert the B1/B2 visa into an F1 visa?

2- If my visa gets converted into the F1 visa, does that mean my B1/B2 visa is cancelled and I have an F1 visa or what am I?

2- Will it be possible to leave the country for few months(after the conversion of my B1/B2 visa into the F1) and then return back to the US with ease to continue my studies ?

Thank you very much for answering!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Visas are issued outside of the US. To qualify for an F1 you would need to be already accepted to a school and you must demonstrate that you have enough money to cover all the costs associated with the program.

Do some reading online to learn the requirements for the F1. http://www.ice.gov/sevis/students/

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You cannot just enter on B1/2 and then convert your visa status to F1, you have to be accepted by some Univ who would issue you the i-120.

USCIS has been very strict about doing such conversion after 9/11 – they don’t like ppl entering US on B1/2 lie to the CBP officer and when they have full intention to convert their visa.

If you are really serious about studying in US, then you should apply to school in US from your home country, see a CO and get F1 stamped on your passport and enter US on F1.

If you are lucky and you do get your visa converted, and you leave US you cannot enter US without going to consulate and doing an interview with them.

At that point CO would decide if he will grant you F1 or not, and worst case scenario, if he does not then you cannot enter US.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

How your process went? I hope you could manage to get your visa. I am asking you this because I was thinking to do the same for my daughter and I still searching and when I read your

Questions I decide to send you an email.

PLS let me know if you did get your visa please

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.