Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Do my fiancee need SSN for Marriage License?

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Its for NJ

Why don't you call the office where you're applying for the marriage licence and ask them? Most states don't need SSN's now but you SHOULD apply for the SSN before you marry because it's a lot simpler that doing it once you're married.

There's a guide about it in the guides section

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


My fiancee is here based on K-1 visa. When we go to court to apply for marriage license, does "she need a SSN"?

I am a US citizen so I have SSN, but do I need to apply for hers "before applying for marriage license" or I can do it after?


Why not just merely call your county clerk on the phone and ask? It really isn't that hard and they probably speak English.

Maybe they even have a website that lists all the requirements.

For my county, they did not.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.