adriana152115

Are fingerprints taken at Ciudad Juarez interview to get a visa?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

does the consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Chih. Mexico take your fingerprints?

May 2005- Met my husband

June 2005- Became a couple

September 2006- 1st son born

July 2007- 2nd son born

June 2010- Married

September 2010-Hired our Lawyer

October 15th 2010- Petition Sent in

December 2010- 1st daughter born

February 7th 2011- Petition Approved

August 3rd 2011- recieved our appointment

September 1st 2011- 1st appointment- denied, but approved for a waiver

November 14th 2011- 2nd appointment, turned in waiver

_ _ _ _ _ - Visa Approved (still waiting as of February 18th 2012)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

hello out there in visa journey land i have been trying to find out the same but to my knowlegde you have to get fingerprints and pictures before interview and i have read that u should wait a day in between so that it gets in there system...there have been also a couple of new ways they do things in juarez..if im not mistaken you can take fingerprints at various different locations in mexico...any info you get please let us know im soon to follow ur steps good luck in your journey :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello out there in visa journey land i have been trying to find out the same but to my knowlegde you have to get fingerprints and pictures before interview and i have read that u should wait a day in between so that it gets in there system...there have been also a couple of new ways they do things in juarez..if im not mistaken you can take fingerprints at various different locations in mexico...any info you get please let us know im soon to follow ur steps good luck in your journey :thumbs:

if the consulate does take fingerprints I think my husband is going to have a problem. It's not a big problem(i don't think). But he told police officers a false name and they finger printed him under that name. Several months later he confessed to lying to the police, they charged him with a gross misdemeanor. Under the statue, Lying to police is only 3 months in jail, but he was only given a fine. I'm just worried that his fingerprints are under that false name.

May 2005- Met my husband

June 2005- Became a couple

September 2006- 1st son born

July 2007- 2nd son born

June 2010- Married

September 2010-Hired our Lawyer

October 15th 2010- Petition Sent in

December 2010- 1st daughter born

February 7th 2011- Petition Approved

August 3rd 2011- recieved our appointment

September 1st 2011- 1st appointment- denied, but approved for a waiver

November 14th 2011- 2nd appointment, turned in waiver

_ _ _ _ _ - Visa Approved (still waiting as of February 18th 2012)

event.png

event.png

if the consulate does take fingerprints I think my husband is going to have a problem. It's not a big problem(i don't think). But he told police officers a false name and they finger printed him under that name. Several months later he confessed to lying to the police, they charged him with a gross misdemeanor. Under the statue, Lying to police is only 3 months in jail, but he was only given a fine. I'm just worried that his fingerprints are under that false name.

i know for sure they do take fingerprints..and im pretty sure in juarez they do also just make sure you do it a day or two apart so its in the system cause from what i have read it can be a real pain if they dont find them in there you can get more info in embassy conculate info wish you guys the very best good luck

• 7 months later...

Yes 100% sure I was there they take picture and fingerprints 20 min before the interview and they have a software system that allows them to find out if you have prior record within minutes, so if you have prior record tell the truth cause they already know anyway, arrest, or any previous immigration detentions, plus a person that was sitting next to me was denied due to not admitting about a family member so looks like they know all your background if you were ever in the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes you have to do fingerprints and pictures before the interview but they can be done at any CAS location of your choice. Yes they know pretty much all your criminal past in the US, so don't lie.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.