brnie80

i-751 waiver interview experience

5 posts in this topic

This morning I had an interview for the waiver for removal of conditions which I wanted to share with every one. I reached the office half an hour before the interview time and I was called pretty much right on time of the interview. It was a fairly young guy doing the interview. He was nice but firm. Started with checking my identification, and then went over the questions in I-751 form. Then he started asking me questions like how we met, who was at the wedding, if the parents attended the wedding, when the problems started, if we are still in contact. I answered every thing in detail. During my answers he probed me for more detail. He was very thorough and listened every thing very carefuly and took some notes.

At the end he said, things look good but he has to review my file before he can make a decision. Also said "You hear from us, most likely your green card, in 3 to 4 week. That seems to be a good sign but will know for sure once I get a letter or green card. Thanks every one who has helped.

Also wanted to mention he asked me if we were having problems when we interviewed for the conditional green card. My answer was yes there were fights but nothing I thought of as very serious. Also he commented couple times that problems marriage lasting hardly two years and also problems starting soon after marriage.

I hope things go smooth for you (F) it sound promising :yes:

- Delivered to VSC 05/09/11

- NOA receipt date 05/09/11

- Check cashed 05/12/11

- Biometrics letter in the mail 06/02/11

- Biometrics appointment 06/17/11

- Approved 01/27/12

• 2 weeks later...

I got the card production email today. Good luck to every one waiting!

NOA: 11/22/10

BIO: 01/07/11

Interview: 05/05/11

Car production email: 05/16/11

Congratz to you :)I would like to ask couple of questions,did u ask help from lawyer for filing ur waiver or u just sent it by ur self?im sending my waiver papersworks this week,hope u can enlightend me about this,thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.