estong

wrong green card category received

9 posts in this topic

hi, i received my green card today after 3 weeks of waiting.

NVC approved my petition having a CR1 status but at the port of entry the officer have found out that we have been married for 5 years that's why he upgraded my category to IR1 and stamp my passport with IR1 and told me that i will have a IR1 resident card but the card that was delivered to me was CR1?

what do you think i can do about this? can they change my card category to IR1 if i will call USCIS?

thanks guys...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

NVC approved my petition having a CR1 status but at the port of entry the officer have found out that we have been married for 5 years that's why he upgraded my category to IR1 and stamp my passport with IR1 and told me that i will have a IR1 resident card but the card that was delivered to me was CR1?

what do you think i can do about this? can they change my card category to IR1 if i will call USCIS?

thanks guys...

If you had been married for 5 years at POE that means you had been married for over 4 years when your visa was issued(assuming you did use the visa within the original 6 months validity)so why were you issued CR1 in the firstplace?? :huh:

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

If you had been married for 5 years at POE that means you had been married for over 4 years when your visa was issued(assuming you did use the visa within the original 6 months validity)so why were you issued CR1 in the firstplace?? :huh:

i don't know to NVC, because at first my status was F2A then when my wife was us citizen we ask for an upgrade and they made it CR1 at NVC. but at the port of entry they gave me an IR1.

You should apply to have your GC replaced with the permanent one. USCIS might detect this and send you a notice before you take an action, but I wouldn't wait on them.

USCIS Journey

04/26/2010--Filed our marriage certificate in Seoul, S.Korea

04/30/2010--Wedding ceremony in Seoul, S.Korea

05/25/2010--NOA1

10/21/2010--Touched

10/22/2010--Touched (crossing fingers)

10/21/2010--NOA2 (not updated online didn't know about it until 10/26)

10/26/2010--Received a hard copy

NVC

10/28/2010--Case# assigned/Gave them both of our emails. Emailed DS3032

11/09/2010--AOS invoice generated online

11/09/2010--Paid AOS bill (processing)

11/09/2010--Sent DS3032 via email again

11/11/2010--AOS bill appeared PAID on line

11/12/2010--Received DS3032

11/15/2010--AOS arrived at NVC (according to USPS)

11/15/2010--Emailed DS3032 (this time with the scanned image)

11/17/2010--IV Bill invoice generated and paid. (in process now)

11/18/2010--IV bill showed PAID. awesome!

11/19/2010--Mailed DS230 (Priority mail because of the weekend)

11/22/2010--DS230 Delivered to NVC

12/03/2010--AOS & IV entered into system

12/08/2010--SIF

12/08/2010--Case Completed

Consulate

12/30/2010--Medical exam passed

01/14/2011--Interview - Approved!

01/17/2010--Visa delivered

USA

02/26/2010--POE

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

the USCIS didn't want to replace my GC, they said that the port of entry officer should not change my status/category, don't know what to do now???

File an I-90. If you called the USCIS, you should know there's good reason we call that the misinformation line. The stamp in your passport is good for a year. You'll need to send the wrong green card back with the I-90 and should not need to pay any fee to get this corrected. Be sure to send another photocopy of the certified marriage certificate as evidence of when your marriage took place.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

maybe this can be resolved by going to an infopass? can they fix it there?

No. I new green card must be produced. That happens in Missouri.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanks guys...

Estong... whats the update on your wrong green card sent saga? have u sent it back to them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.