Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Bye 01May04

Wellcome 15JUN04 !!!

Well not so good, but not too bad!... finally some forward movement!

I guess for next month we can expect another 4 to 6 weeks

Yes, It is good to finally see movement. As I had thought, it would advance a month but it is good to see it went beyond. Still looking for a big leap in upcoming months. I know all F1's are feeling elated right now even though October bulletin did not reach there PD but it is good sign. Everyone! Good luck!

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes, It is good to finally see movement. As I had thought, it would advance a month but it is good to see it went beyond. Still looking for a big leap in upcoming months. I know all F1's are feeling elated right now even though October bulletin did not reach there PD but it is good sign. Everyone! Good luck!

Thats mean U.S goverment wants to collect money last year 2010 from out side ppl...400$ each person...and the ratio is complete now last year so they have to decide movement of PD slowly slowly....as well they mention UP COMING MONTHS PD....

VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

FAMILY-SPONSORED CATEGORIES

Worldwide dates:

F1: three to six weeks

F2A:three to six weeks

F2Bne to two weeks

F3: one to two weeks

F4: up to one month.

Its new fiscal year start 2010 of Visa and date not move more then 2 months.....its really sucks.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hola Amigos,

Hi to my friends from Family based immigration site which is a total waste of time. I will be now part of this thread instead. Lady Hawk admin on that site is loosing her mind so I decided to make a switch. Anyways my priority date is May 2006 under F1 offcourse. Case is currently under processing. I wasnt very happy to see the new VB that just came out but on the bright side it aleast moved a month lol. Hopefully in the coming months its gonna move up faster.

Everyone I hope NVC is being more conservative in terms of cut-off date movement estimation. At first, I was really concerned that it wouldn't move but finally it did. I am glad it did though even it was only 6 weeks and at least it will move 3 to 6 weeks according to their estimation. Guys be positive and look forward to next month visa bulletin.

IT SUCKS...AFTER SO MANY PRAYERS AND AFTER 6 MONTHS IT MOVED ONLY 1 MONTH....SERIOUSLY.....

Yeah you`re right I think so too, but still any movement is a good sign. I was hoping F1 will reach Jan 05, but it looks like we have to postpone it for a few months :) Stay positive and keep praying, we are all going to get there.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yeah you`re right I think so too, but still any movement is a good sign. I was hoping F1 will reach Jan 05, but it looks like we have to postpone it for a few months :) Stay positive and keep praying, we are all going to get there.

F1 category visa time duration 6.5 to 7 years....few ppl got visa in 6 years.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

ill also like to hear f1 comments...who have recently got their visas with what priority date? my case is also completed...lets hope that in october visa bul moves back to feb 06:(..i wonder if all ppl with priority date of 2004 and 05 got their visas?

Pretty sure my PD was March 23, 2005. As per my signature, I have CC'd, got my visa and have been in the USA for 1yr now *shrugs*

(I know my VJ profile says FB-1 visa, but all my paperwork had "F-1" as the visa *shrugs* )

Edited by bextavaz

The Long Wait...

Unmarried Son of US Citizen OVER 21

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

Your I-130 was approved in 1448 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

05/04/10 - Received I-864 Bill

23/04/10 - IV Fee Bill Received

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

11/06/10 - July 2010 Bulletin shows PD Current - WOOT!

14/06/10 - Operator and AVR Update to say CASE COMPLETE 10/6/10

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

07/07/10 @ 11:00am - Medical - COMPLETE

03/08/10 @ 9:00am 11:00am - Interview!(SYD) - APPROVED!

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

24/09/2010 - Welcome Letter from USCIS!

25/09/2010 - Green Card Arrived

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Hi bextavaz,

Good for you! and congrats to you. You acted quickly when your priority date became current that's why you got the visa before the retrogression occurred. Most of us in this thread are still awaiting for our turns. How have your life been so far in the U.S?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Pretty sure my PD was March 23, 2005. As per my signature, I have CC'd, got my visa and have been in the USA for 1yr now *shrugs*

(I know my VJ profile says FB-1 visa, but all my paperwork had "F-1" as the visa *shrugs* )

Deer bextavaz:

Thank you very much for posting!

Oh Yes… Finally …. A recent, successful and real F1 timeline!

Some other F1’s and I have been asking people to give us some feed back on real F1 cases… and finally yours is the first one I see… Gives me hope.

So It took you 5 years and 5 months (from March2005 to August2010) to finally have an Interview at the embassy. I guess you are living proof that it can be done in less than 5 1/2 years, although you got lucky with the fast forward movement that happened back in 2010 for category F1 and also you acted swiftly, for sure, just before retrogression hit us! …. Still it´s nice to hear from you!

You realize 5 is your lucky number … right!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi bextavaz,Good for you! and congrats to you. You acted quickly when your priority date became current that's why you got the visa before the retrogression occurred. Most of us in this thread are still awaiting for our turns. How have your life been so far in the U.S?

Life in the USA is alright. I say that because yes I'm with my family, but in terms of my employment and my closest friends, they are "lacking". I'm 28, never went to university/college... basically straight out of high school into the workforce in AUS. I earn 1/3 of my AUS $$$ atm and it's a bit of a struggle.

That being said, I LOVE the fact that I get all of the seasons here. Seeing the leaves turn yellow and fall off the trees. Seeing it SNOW and be freezing in winter. Seeing all the wildlife come out and the trees turn green in spring and then the 95-100deg temps in summer. I do enjoy it here, there's just some parts that are a little "lackluster". :D

Deer bextavaz:Thank you very much for posting! Oh Yes… Finally …. A recent, successful and real F1 timeline!Some other F1’s and I have been asking people to give us some feed back on real F1 cases… and finally yours is the first one I see… Gives me hope.So It took you 5 years and 5 months (from March2005 to August2010) to finally have an Interview at the embassy. I guess you are living proof that it can be done in less than 5 1/2 years, although you got lucky with the fast forward movement that happened back in 2010 for category F1 and also you acted swiftly, for sure, just before retrogression hit us! …. Still it´s nice to hear from you!You realize 5 is your lucky number … right!

I gotta be honest, when I first joined VJ in the hope of finding out what time I would be waiting, I could not find anyone with a completed case similar to mine (and preferably from AUS). It's good to know that my timeline does give a bit more hope to the others that are now in the situation I was in back then :)

I was originally an F2A so I was losing hope (especially looking at the priority dates etc all the time and not seeing it move), but my case status got upgraded when my sponsor (mother) became a US Citizen. :D Guess it was all good timing haha!

The Long Wait...

Unmarried Son of US Citizen OVER 21

[dd/mm/yy]

USCIS

xx/03/05 - I130 Sent

24/03/05 - NOA1 Received

[many moons later]

12/03/09 - NOA2 Received

Your I-130 was approved in 1448 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

05/04/10 - Received I-864 Bill

23/04/10 - IV Fee Bill Received

18/05/10 - DS230 Sent

11/06/10 - July 2010 Bulletin shows PD Current - WOOT!

14/06/10 - Operator and AVR Update to say CASE COMPLETE 10/6/10

16/06/10 - SIF

CONSULATE

29/06/10 - P4

07/07/10 @ 11:00am - Medical - COMPLETE

03/08/10 @ 9:00am 11:00am - Interview!(SYD) - APPROVED!

USA

13/09/2010 - POE @ LAX

24/09/2010 - Welcome Letter from USCIS!

25/09/2010 - Green Card Arrived

07/10/2010 - SSN!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hola Amigos,

Hi to my friends from Family based immigration site which is a total waste of time. I will be now part of this thread instead. Lady Hawk admin on that site is loosing her mind so I decided to make a switch. Anyways my priority date is May 2006 under F1 offcourse. Case is currently under processing. I wasnt very happy to see the new VB that just came out but on the bright side it aleast moved a month lol. Hopefully in the coming months its gonna move up faster.

Hey guys,

I have found this site more useful, in fact F2b's are also available here. Seriously ***removed*** is such a waste of time. Especially these days, dont know what the purpose of that site is actually. But nice to see many known names here westlink, loudoff, iven .....

by the way, i asked u iven abt ur birth certificate prob out there in ***removed*** board but nightwatchmen is always ready to delete and lock the thread. So, have u sort out it out that problem and where ur case have been reached so far?? long time no touch, obviously we couldnt bcoz of HARD and TOUGH rules of immigrationbased board JAIL.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

now guys come on, we've received a lot of help over there at the other forum. the whole time before the dreadful visa bulletin wait, all the steps that led to it they were extremely useful.

I agree they should have left us one thread for each category to regroup and relax during that awful time. It does make sense that some people were creating entire topics NOT about the bulletin there and that was not ok, but yes way too many posts were suddenly deleted for strange reasons, and moving our threads to the basement where not many people go was a bad move.

But i had a very bad experience here in the K1 visa part of here. So i'll watch it. some of those are real wolves and buttholes. but that was back maybe 3 4 years ago. and it was another part of the forum here.

But there's no denying this place here is way more focused on Fiance visas, and family based immigration way more focused on F visas.

Anyway i'll still post in the other one as well as here. Good luck everybody ! Hopefully not too many people left who don't have a visa with their case complete with 2004 2005 PDs...

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Case was completed SEPT 2010 a friggin' year and a half ago !!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey guys, it's that time of the month again. we should have the bulletin sometime next week (maybe even end of this week). So what do we think? that date last month was the last person in 2004 with his case compelted waiting for a visa or not? ow many more months do you think will we stay in 2004? I'm apr. 2006 and i'm getting irritated lol

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Case was completed SEPT 2010 a friggin' year and a half ago !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.