VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
Emily & Friday
K1 Visa
Nigeria
Al & Maly
IR-5 Visa
Philippines
blank avatarAnnaRose & Matteo
K1 Visa
Italy
Sarah & William
K1 Visa
Colombia
blank avatarsophia & jamie
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarY & R
K1 Visa
Azerbaijan
blank avataraaron & veronica
K1 Visa
Philippines
blank avatarA & U
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Pakistan
JMO & JB
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
New Zealand

Visa Interviews Today: Good Luck!!

Lisa & Carlos
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Dominican Republic
QA & JA
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Nigeria
blank avatarJ & E
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Hong Kong
Roger & Valeria
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Brazil
blank avatarRoxx & D
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic
blank avatarHamzah & Amna
K1 Visa
Pakistan
Patrice & willard
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Jamaica
blank avatarD & S
K1 Visa
Finland
Will & Shie
K1 Visa
Philippines
Lorenzo & Glomie
K1 Visa
Philippines
blank avatarRawkus & HJD
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Philippines

• Please log in to reply

Household member vs. Joint sponsor

#1 alibaba16

alibaba16

• PipPipPipPip

• Group: Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

Confused. :wacko:
My parents are going to be our joint sponsors. Will they need I-864 or I-864A. I am using their address for all my commnication since I'm abroad with my husband now, but I don't consider myself a 'household member'. Because we'll be using the same address will this automatically make us household members Does this even matter? I'm confused about the difference between the 2 forms and which ones we should be using.

#2 pushbrk

pushbrk

Straight Talk Member

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:18 AM

Confused. :wacko:
My parents are going to be our joint sponsors. Will they need I-864 or I-864A. I am using their address for all my commnication since I'm abroad with my husband now, but I don't consider myself a 'household member'. Because we'll be using the same address will this automatically make us household members Does this even matter? I'm confused about the difference between the 2 forms and which ones we should be using.

You and the one parent whose income qualifies, can each fill out an I-864. The I-864a is used when combining incomes from more than one member of the household. In this case, use a complete tax return instead of a transcript so they can see just how much income belongs to the individual.

Edited by pushbrk, 11 April 2011 - 09:18 AM.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless.  Anonymous

#3 alibaba16

alibaba16

• PipPipPipPip

• Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

Does the joint sponsor need to fill out any other biographic form? Send copy of passport? Anything other than the I-864?
And should my I-864 and theirs all be included in one packet?

#4 pushbrk

pushbrk

Straight Talk Member

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:53 AM

Does the joint sponsor need to fill out any other biographic form? Send copy of passport? Anything other than the I-864?
And should my I-864 and theirs all be included in one packet?

The joint sponsor needs to provide supporting documentation including at least one tax return, evidence of "current" income like pay stubs or an employer letter and yes, evidence of either US Citizenship (copy of birth certificate or passport data page) or permanent resident status, (copy of green card).

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless.  Anonymous

#5 Cody & Amy

Cody & Amy

• Pip

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

The joint sponsor needs to provide supporting documentation including at least one tax return, evidence of "current" income like pay stubs or an employer letter and yes, evidence of either US Citizenship (copy of birth certificate or passport data page) or permanent resident status, (copy of green card).

Please pardon me for the interruption, but my case is very similar the friend above. Me(USC), my spouse (non -USC), and my parents actually live in the same house. However my parent already joint sponsored for 2 others friends; they are now permanent residents.

I tried to file just one I864 and put my parents as household member (since my income is not enough). However, it really confused me now: How should I count the two friends of my parents. Should I put them as my household members as well? Or Should I fill a separate I864 for my parents and state that they are Joint Sponsor to prevent the problem.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that I brought to the forum. I'm just really desperate now and hope someone with experience can answer my question.
Thankyou very much

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.