Sign in to follow this  
champi

DOB of parents in passport application

7 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am looking at passport application information of my mom and she doesn't know the exact birth place and have no clue about the birth date of both her parents? Any suggestion on what she should put? leave it empty? I am talking about question #10 in U.S. passport application.

Thanks!!!

Hello all,

I am looking at passport application information of my mom and she doesn't know the exact birth place and have no clue about the birth date of both her parents? Any suggestion on what she should put? leave it empty? I am talking about question #10 in U.S. passport application.

Thanks!!!

Do you at least know the year? You can put 1/1/???? And for birth place just the country?

Do you at least know the year? You can put 1/1/???? And for birth place just the country?

No, my mom was born in 1950s in small town in India. When her parents were born, i don't think they even had a system in place to record births. Also, both of my mom's parents have passed away couple years back so no way to check back either.

Don't you remember when you filled the form I-129 or I- 130 . Same thing to me I picked the date and year for my mom randomly and no problem . Pick the date easy date like 15 August or 26 Jan .

DC Sparrow,

My mom's I-130 and stuff was filed 16 years back, I'll see if she has any documents from then. Otherwise, we'll just put 1/1/1900 like we did on UK visa application. U.K Visa app specifically mentioned to put 1/1/1900 if you don't know the DOB. I was hoping something similar like that for this form.

Edited by champi

For anyone who come across this in future, the lady at passport office told me to put "Unknown" for DOB.

Thank you for the information. I was wondering about that myself.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.