waitwaitwait

Government Shutdown?

175 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

He's NOT responsible for shutting it down.

He offered concessions to the GOP and they said All or Nothing.

The GOP is doing a power play to try and get Obama out in 2012 and they are proposing cutting budgets to

social services including Medicare childrens health services and many more.

Speaker John Boehner and a majority of his GOP counterparts have said their priority is to avert a shutdown,

but more than a few in his caucus have told him that he needs to project a tougher line to win as many concessions as possible.

The $33 billion agreement that seemed inevitable last week may now have fizzled under pressure from the GOP's right flank,

including Michele Bachmann, to push for more cuts.

Boehner is demanding more in cuts now, and even his one-week CR has $12 billion in additional cuts.

Democrats, say Boehner agreed in private to the $33 billion figure, and so they need to hold firm on this

issue so they don't get rolled on bigger votes down the road.

Like the debt ceiling showdown (May or early June) or the Fiscal 2012 budget (a must-pass bill by September 30).

GOP btw is anti immigration which was one reason why I left the party.

You are so clueless. Try a dictionary and figure out what the word ILLEGAL means.

Take your slandering trash to the political forum where I am sure some mindless drone will latch onto every ignorant, false comment you have made.

Remember folks, being against ILLEGALS means you are anti-immigration, so I must be anti-immigration yet I am marrying an immigrant....oh the irony!

Edited by Blob18

Timeline

Thank President Obama for this mess and remember 4/18 taxes are due, so he can start another war.

Pretty much. Remember they (democrats) had majority in the House and Senate and have the White House when the FY 2011 budget was made (2010) yet they were unable to pass it, so people blaming the GOP really are clueless. They focused more on ammnesty for illegals than the budget...shows you where their priorities were.

** Topic may be more appropriate in Politics & Religion Discussion Forum (rather than K-1 Proc). Moving thread there.

**Multiple topics also merged.

Edited by Otto

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Vote and don't vote GOP then.

They are the most anti immigration party in the history of America!

COULD YOU BE ANYMORE WRONG WHO PASSED THE LAST AMNESTY IT WAS THE GOP.... MAYBE IF THE DEMOCRATS DID NOT WANT TO USE TAX PAYERS AS THEIR OWN ATM AND RAISE TRILLION DOLLAR BUDGETS WHEN WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO PAY THE INTEREST ON DEBT WE HAVE NOW. WE SHOULD NOT BE A WELFARE COUNTRY WHATEVER HAPPEN TO SELF RESPONSIBILITY. IF WE CAN NOT AFFORD IT, IT MUST GO. Now having said that I agree that the USCIS is fully funded by OUR fees and it should not be shut down. And it probably will not be yes you heard it here first but I have been wrong be fore.

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Timeline

If the government shuts down visas will NOT be issued (RE: 1995/1996 where 80,000 visas went unprocessed). These functions are not considered essential to the State Department.

I would contact your embassy or call the DOS number to figure out what you would do if this does happen.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

There have been talks about government shutdown for months now... And nothing happened so far. In all reality it would be more expensive for them to shut down everything than to let the people work. We can all start panicking now and run around like a headless chicken or wait and (if it really should happen) accept things we can't change anyways and wait. We are used to the waiting game anyways, right? ;)

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Austria

Marriage: 2010-11-19

I-130 Sent : 2010-12-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-01-05

I-130 NOA2 : 2011-05-09

Received NVC Case Number on 5/21,

Sent DS-3032 and paid AOS bill on 5/21,

Paid IV Bill on 5/25

Sent both packages on 6/1

Packages arrived 6/6

SIF & CC 6/20

Medical 7/25

Interview 8/9

Received visa 8/16

Flight to the US 10/4 (POE = IAD)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I thought uscis is funded through applications fee's how can they shut it down?? this is shear stupidity if they do.

My thoughts exactly. If they expect the petitioners and beneficiaries to pay for the process, then they shouldn't have to shut down because the government stops sending them money. The services should be already bought and paid for.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There have been talks about government shutdown for months now... And nothing happened so far. In all reality it would be more expensive for them to shut down everything than to let the people work. We can all start panicking now and run around like a headless chicken or wait and (if it really should happen) accept things we can't change anyways and wait. We are used to the waiting game anyways, right? ;)

True, there have been talks for weeks. However, with the last several rounds of deadlines the federal agencies were not sending out information related to contingency plans for workers. Yesterday I did receive an email from the Secretary of our agency that contingency planning and communicating those plans to top aids has already begun. Looks like the top levels of govt. are getting ready this time...when they didn't do this the last few times the continuing resolution was due to expire.

:angry:

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-07

Touched: 2010-12-13

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Many times do the government threat to "Shut Down" it is all politics, it never happens.

So the 800,000 Federal employees that were sent home for six days in 1995 was just a fake? I'd like to know were that $750 mil went.

If the government shutdown does occur, that would be an excellent time to add "#K1Vermonters #GovernmentShutdown" to all of your tweets. Believe you me it's going to trend like wildfire on Twitter.

just sayin

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Are you doing a spouse visa??? Profile shows K-1?? Why posted in the spouse visa forum???

Moving this to the political topic forum where you will find more topics of the same nature...

SEE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/303741-government-shutdown

Many times do the government threat to "Shut Down" it is all politics, it never happens

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to the political forum...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.