Egyptianman

"ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING "

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

1- what is the AP "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING "? and why they put us in ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING ?

2- how long it takes cuz i have heard it takes months ?

3-when a person is in ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING does it mean he was approved or what ? he will get his visa soon or what ?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

1.AP is an extended and final background check.men and women of high fraud and terrorist countries ( by DOHS and DOS standards ) are put through AP,women get cleared faster than men tho

2.It can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to maximum a year

3.It usually means he is approved BUT there have been rare cases of denial during AP,its not common but it happens,specially if they find information during this period that were not presented at the interview.

Edited by thelastpetitioner

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

every embassy mentioned this in their immigrant visa ( CR-1 and K-1 are technically consider immigrant by the embassy ) instruction:" DO NOT MAKE ARRANGEMENTS OF ANY KIND BEFORE HAVING VISA IN HAND." exactly like that,in caps and bold.

AP COULD take months,doesnt mean it will,it means it might.you wait as long as they want you to,check out the subforum for G221 and administrative processing to get an idea of how long others took

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

1- what is the AP "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING "? and why they put us in ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING ?

3-when a person is in ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING does it mean he was approved or what ? he will get his visa soon or what ?

• What is Administrative Processing? AP is also called Additional Administrative Processing and is when the applicant is being checked more closely. It can be for security checks which encompass fingerprints and/or name checks or for document verification.

• When does Administrative Processing Happen? AP can happen at any time during your processing. It can happen at a service center, at the NVC level, or at the embassy level. It mainly is discussed here in the forums at the embassy level.

• Who can get Administrative Processing and Why? AP usually affects men and women from certain countries but anyone can get AP. Persons coming from T countries (Terrorist Countries) seem to have more security checks and have to endure AP at the embassy level after their interview. Common names, your nationality, religion, education, relationship of applicant, travels and job can all be factors for AP. Having incomplete or missing documents will also cause a case to be put in AP. In some cases if the embassy does not believe in the validity of the relationship they can investigate it further with a field investigation.

• What are the T-Countries? Although it is classified, the list of countries reportedly affected by these restrictions includes, but is not limited to, Afghanistan,

Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt,

Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya,

Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia,

Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates,

and Yemen. http://www.abil.com/articles/ABIL%20...0Wolfsdorf.pdf This list is complied from an attorney and the list of T-countries can change at any time.

• Can I check the status of my case? The embassy will not in many cases respond to emails until a certain amount of time has elapsed. The best bet is to contact Department of State aka: DOS and ask them for an update bi-weekly. They will not be able to give you details but they can tell you if the case is still pending in AP or cleared.

• DOS information: DOS can be contacted Monday through Friday during business hours. You must have all information concerning your case with you so that they can assist you.

Department of State’s visa Information phone number: 202-663-1225

• Can I expedite this process? The simple answer is NO. No one can expedite the checks since they are considered a matter of National security. An elected official can only make a congressional inquiry on your behalf. They cannot get the checks finished any faster.

• Does AP have any time frame for completion? NO AP can last anywhere from days, weeks, months and in a few cases years.

Anyone that happens to be given a 221(g) or Administrative Processing letter must be patient and let them do their work. Do not call constantly and ask about your case. Remember each time your case is moved it can then end up at the bottom of the stack and your time can be extended. Each case is different so you cannot judge your case by any other and each consulate/embassy may have a different average time for completion of AP.

Good luck and my best wishes for ya .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

• What is Administrative Processing? AP is also called Additional Administrative Processing and is when the applicant is being checked more closely. It can be for security checks which encompass fingerprints and/or name checks or for document verification.

• When does Administrative Processing Happen? AP can happen at any time during your processing. It can happen at a service center, at the NVC level, or at the embassy level. It mainly is discussed here in the forums at the embassy level.

• Who can get Administrative Processing and Why? AP usually affects men and women from certain countries but anyone can get AP. Persons coming from T countries (Terrorist Countries) seem to have more security checks and have to endure AP at the embassy level after their interview. Common names, your nationality, religion, education, relationship of applicant, travels and job can all be factors for AP. Having incomplete or missing documents will also cause a case to be put in AP. In some cases if the embassy does not believe in the validity of the relationship they can investigate it further with a field investigation.

• What are the T-Countries? Although it is classified, the list of countries reportedly affected by these restrictions includes, but is not limited to, Afghanistan,

Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt,

Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya,

Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia,

Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates,

and Yemen. http://www.abil.com/articles/ABIL%20...0Wolfsdorf.pdf This list is complied from an attorney and the list of T-countries can change at any time.

• Can I check the status of my case? The embassy will not in many cases respond to emails until a certain amount of time has elapsed. The best bet is to contact Department of State aka: DOS and ask them for an update bi-weekly. They will not be able to give you details but they can tell you if the case is still pending in AP or cleared.

• DOS information: DOS can be contacted Monday through Friday during business hours. You must have all information concerning your case with you so that they can assist you.

Department of State’s visa Information phone number: 202-663-1225

• Can I expedite this process? The simple answer is NO. No one can expedite the checks since they are considered a matter of National security. An elected official can only make a congressional inquiry on your behalf. They cannot get the checks finished any faster.

• Does AP have any time frame for completion? NO AP can last anywhere from days, weeks, months and in a few cases years.

Anyone that happens to be given a 221(g) or Administrative Processing letter must be patient and let them do their work. Do not call constantly and ask about your case. Remember each time your case is moved it can then end up at the bottom of the stack and your time can be extended. Each case is different so you cannot judge your case by any other and each consulate/embassy may have a different average time for completion of AP.

Good luck and my best wishes for ya .

thanks so much

so i guess i have nothing to do now but waiting again. u know :) i feel waiting never ends

may God make it easy for me and my AP be done as fast as possible

ameen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

thanks so much

so i guess i have nothing to do now but waiting again. u know :) i feel waiting never ends

may God make it easy for me and my AP be done as fast as possible

ameen

I hope you wil hear good news soon .Hang in there bro .Hopefully it will not take so long till you get the visa in your hand .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

There are different types of AP.

1. The DOS name check that is done in the states. This is the one that everyone else is talking about. This AP at the embassy level is after approval. You can call the department of state and ask them or Cairo (I think that was your embassy) has a link to check your pending case.

http://egypt.usembas...r/ivstatus.html I don't know if this link is for background checks or all AP cases.

2. The AP at the embassy level. This is usually when the embassy is checking something out about your case. It could be to check the validity of your documents or even your relationship. This AP is done before approval.

Inshalla you have a very short AP. Best of luck to you and your SO.

Edited by Joeza

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline

There are different types of AP.

1. The DOS name check that is done in the states. This is the one that everyone else is talking about. This AP at the embassy level is after approval. You can call the department of state and ask them or Cairo (I think that was your embassy) has a link to check your pending case.

http://egypt.usembas...r/ivstatus.html I don't know if this link is for background checks or all AP cases.

2. The AP at the embassy level. This is usually when the embassy is checking something out about your case. It could be to check the validity of your documents or even your relationship. This AP is done before approval.

Inshalla you have a very short AP. Best of luck to you and your SO.

yes they gave me a paper having this website u mentioned, and when i write my case number there i get this massage

Your case is still under processing. Please keep checking the website for updates.

مازال طلب التأشيرة خاضعا لإجراءات ادارية. رجاء مراجعة هذه الصفحة لاحقا لمعرفة ما قد استجد.

so what u think?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

yes they gave me a paper having this website u mentioned, and when i write my case number there i get this massage

Your case is still under processing. Please keep checking the website for updates.

مازال طلب التأشيرة خاضعا لإجراءات ادارية. رجاء مراجعة هذه الصفحة لاحقا لمعرفة ما قد استجد.

so what u think?

It's probably the Washington DC name checks and if it is that is good news. You can either email the embassy and ask them if you are in Department of State name checks or you can have your SO call DOS and ask them. Either one should let you know.

Best of luck to you!

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

• 6 months later...
Filed: Country: India
Timeline

hi...frndz,

iam george ,i attended the interview on Nov 27,2011 under spouse visa category, ma wife is US citizen..we submitted all the papers and at interview time of they ask normal questions like how i meet my wife,how long v talk a day like tat...and they ask me to show ma wedding album, i showed tat.but at the end of interview they have given me a blue slip and told that they need further processing in my case and it will take 8-12 weeks.

i ask CO that whether i need to do any thing? they told me to do nothing and told that they will inform me.

my passport is with them.....

friends..will it take long time for processing. if anybdy had an idea plz..tel me....plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

hi...frndz,

iam george ,i attended the interview on Nov 27,2011 under spouse visa category, ma wife is US citizen..we submitted all the papers and at interview time of they ask normal questions like how i meet my wife,how long v talk a day like tat...and they ask me to show ma wedding album, i showed tat.but at the end of interview they have given me a blue slip and told that they need further processing in my case and it will take 8-12 weeks.

i ask CO that whether i need to do any thing? they told me to do nothing and told that they will inform me.

my passport is with them.....

friends..will it take long time for processing. if anybdy had an idea plz..tel me....plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

search the threads here on vj i have seen some ap cases coming out of india and you might be able to get more ideal what is standard there. sorry but ap averages are different in each consular. do a search under administrative processing india and see if you can't get idea or atleast find some contacts from same embassy.

good luck and be patient.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

hi, My husband is also stuck in AP for more than two and half yrs now. We made a senator inquiry about the case but nothing happened. We are really having hard time for this AP. My husband did his MBA and is doing a job in a company. We are mentally upset because of this long AP and I am a student so I need help financially. Please help us with any information that might be helpful to us. Thank You.

• 3 months later...
Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I totally undestand your situation because my husband is stuck in AP for close to year now. MY husband also did MBA and working in Pakistan. I am stuck here with my small baby. I work and take care of my son by my self. I also working on my ba. I am also so upset because i made a senator inquiry many times. I also made inquiry with local congressman but they cant do anything. I hope your husband got the visa now please do let me know. Thanks

hi, My husband is also stuck in AP for more than two and half yrs now. We made a senator inquiry about the case but nothing happened. We are really having hard time for this AP. My husband did his MBA and is doing a job in a company. We are mentally upset because of this long AP and I am a student so I need help financially. Please help us with any information that might be helpful to us. Thank You.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.