Bleu

Arranged marriage?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

As a member of the healthcare profession, if your medical status is as grave as you claim, then you should have years of consultation that would serve as proof of your condition. Unfortunately, if you don't, as others have pointed out, it will be very difficult to prove to USCIS that you have an existing condition that prevents you from traveling. Not to mention that your particular case will be scrutinized and checked out rigorously. However, just because it is difficult shouldn't stop one from chasing their dreams. Follow your heart and fight for it if you believe.

Good Luck as you have a very unique situation.

I still say the options are:

1) Have her come here to meet you, document it, have her return home, then file for your K1 visa. Once approved, she can come here, you two get married.

OR

2) Have her come here to meet you, get married, have her return home, then file for your CR-1 visa. Once approved, she moves here.

I believe getting a waiver for having met in person is extremely difficult to get. Even if USCIS thought your medical condition is a good enough reason for you not to travel there... they probably will not accept it as a valid reason for her not to travel here.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I still say the options are:

1) Have her come here to meet you, document it, have her return home, then file for your K1 visa. Once approved, she can come here, you two get married.

OR

2) Have her come here to meet you, get married, have her return home, then file for your CR-1 visa. Once approved, she moves here.

I believe getting a waiver for having met in person is extremely difficult to get. Even if USCIS thought your medical condition is a good enough reason for you not to travel there... they probably will not accept it as a valid reason for her not to travel here.

Note that getting a visitor visa to the USA from India is no walk in the park either. Regardless, no waiver of meeting would be granted until all possible ways of meeting, including applying for a visa to visit the USA, are exhausted.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your feedback! I have learned alot, and an very appreciated. I will speak with the family and see what we can come up with. Again I see alot of god advice and will take it all to heart.

On a side note, I do have around seven to eight years of medical documentation on my condition. But from what I read it would still be an uphill battle with that. Me and my fiancee do have months worth of phone records, emails and IM chat logs to back up our dedication towards the marriage, as well.

Thanks again, you all have been of great help!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I just wanted to add my support towards your condition, I strongly believe you will get better and endorphines might be the best drug for you :) you should try EMDR, it helped a lot of hopeless people

7/28/04 we met

10/ /06 started dating long distance, not fun

7/15/08 we gave birth to a beautiful baby boy

11/11/10 we got married in amazing Santa Barbara

11/17/10 mailed I 130, I 131, AP and EAD

11/25/10 package received

12/06/10 checks cashed

12/08/10 Email/ text

12/11/10 NOA hard copies in the mail

01/ /11 biometrics walk in successful in Oxnard

02/07/11 EAD in production, AP post decision activity

02/11/11 AP in hand

02/14/11 EAD in the mail!!!!!!!

02/17/11 EAD in hand + applied for SSN

04/13/11 Interview and Approval letter, card in production!!!

Thank you visa journey!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your feedback! I have learned alot, and an very appreciated. I will speak with the family and see what we can come up with. Again I see alot of god advice and will take it all to heart.

On a side note, I do have around seven to eight years of medical documentation on my condition. But from what I read it would still be an uphill battle with that. Me and my fiancee do have months worth of phone records, emails and IM chat logs to back up our dedication towards the marriage, as well.

Thanks again, you all have been of great help!

Hey, there is one more thing that you can do if you are going to marry in India (I think this is the case).

As a US citizen, you can go to American Citizen Services of the Embassy where she will be interviewing...

You can get a "No Objection Certificate" from Embassy... saying you are US Citizen, and here to marry so and so.

Embassy knows what to write there in the document. You can attach that to the petition after coming back here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.