tany1157

denied at casablanca

137 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We were denied again

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Timeline

We were denied again

I'm so sorry. What are you going to do? I can't imagine what it must feel like to have been denied twice. Hang in there. I wish I had something cheery to say for you. Do you know what happened this time? This is the first time I have ever heard of a second denial there.

Edited by i luv my fiance

Mrs. Amera asked about a CR1 denial here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/3896-returning-petitions-to-the-united-states-via-221g/page__view__findpost__p__4427521

(hope that link works, but if not, it's on the last page of the pinned "returned petitions" thread)

She may have some information, if her friend made any progress, etc.

Tany, how are you doing? Did they give any hope? Any glimmer that you could turn it around while it was still in Casa?

Timeline

I'm so sorry :( My prayers are with you both that you can be strong to get through this and figure out your next step.

We were denied again

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

Hubby said interview went well....he was 99 percent sure it was an approval. She asked the usual....where you met, when, why we he went online to meet woman, things about my son, if I went to college for my profession, if we had any chat history (we didn't, because we sent a ton the first time, and they complained how much we sent, also, this past year has been almost all phone and texting and skype video chat) she asked if he was sure he didn't have any chat at home, he said no. She asked what we had in common, and why he loves me. The only answer he didnt know was, how I met my ex husband. She asked to see our photo album, then she asked him to sit down while she looked.

When he was called over again, she says, I am denying your visa, I don't believe this marriage is for love, I think it is for papers. So he told her that this was going to break our hearts, that our relationship has suffered enough. Then she asked where he learned his english, because it was good. He said high school. She then said that I don't make enough to support him. (I do, but was close, so asked my mom to co sponsor) She said my co sponsor could afford it, but not me. Then he asked why they were denying him, and she said I can't say. He asked her two more time, saying he had a right to know why they were denying us. She said she doesn't believe our relationship. Then he asked, what should I tell my wife, she said that they are sending the package back to USA, and to find out from USCIS what needs to get done next. He went to say something else, and she said the interview was over, and turned the mic off.

Hubby did say that it was a blond woman, and that the man that interviewed him last year was standing behind her, looking at our paperwork. He said it was obvious that they had spoken about us before hand....obviously lol. What is annoying, is that guy last year said that if USCIS will reaffirm our original case and he got a second interview, that he would give us a visa.

So, I have done the usual....emailed the consulate, and just signed the waiver for my senator (the senator that has followed our case for the last 14 months retired in december) I will be calling the consulate myself now, since I just left work early to be able to contact the consulate before they close. My entire family is shocked, and not to mention me and hubby. I think it took about 6 hours to sink in, before I broke down to actually cry.

Edited by tany1157

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hubby said interview went well....he was 99 percent sure it was an approval. She asked the usual....where you met, when, why we he went online to meet woman, things about my son, if I went to college for my profession, if we had any chat history (we didn't, because we sent a ton the first time, and they complained how much we sent, also, this past year has been almost all phone and texting and skype video chat) she asked if he was sure he didn't have any chat at home, he said no. She asked what we had in common, and why he loves me. The only answer he didnt know was, how I met my ex husband. She asked to see our photo album, then she asked him to sit down while she looked.

When he was called over again, she says, I am denying your visa, I don't believe this marriage is for love, I think it is for papers. So he told her that this was going to break our hearts, that our relationship has suffered enough. Then she asked where he learned his english, because it was good. He said high school. She then said that I don't make enough to support him. (I do, but was close, so asked my mom to co sponsor) She said my co sponsor could afford it, but not me. Then he asked why they were denying him, and she said I can't say. He asked her two more time, saying he had a right to know why they were denying us. She said she doesn't believe our relationship. Then he asked, what should I tell my wife, she said that they are sending the package back to USA, and to find out from USCIS what needs to get done next. He went to say something else, and she said the interview was over, and turned the mic off.

Hubby did say that it was a blond woman, and that the man that interviewed him last year was standing behind her, looking at our paperwork. He said it was obvious that they had spoken about us before hand....obviously lol. What is annoying, is that guy last year said that if USCIS will reaffirm our original case and he got a second interview, that he would give us a visa.

So, I have done the usual....emailed the consulate, and just signed the waiver for my senator (the senator that has followed our case for the last 14 months retired in december) I will be calling the consulate myself now, since I just left work early to be able to contact the consulate before they close. My entire family is shocked, and not to mention me and hubby. I think it took about 6 hours to sink in, before I broke down to actually cry.

Sorry about your denial, i hope you can appeal this decision

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Timeline

I don't understand how they came up with that assumption. He answered the questions except for where you met your ex-husband. They looked at your pictures......They asked where he learned English...I don't get that question either, because if they don't know enough English then they question how they communicate, but then if they speak English well, they question why they speak so well and where did they learn to speak it? It's a catch-22 question....dry.gif

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Tany,

I am so sorry to hear about your denial. My heart goes out to you...I hope you can get them to keep your petition there and give your husband another interview. (F)

It sounds like a rough day for interviews in Casa, I did see something earlier about another denial (for a K1) out of there today.

Best wishes,

Jackie

Timeline

Thanks everyone....I can't believe it, considering how rare second denials are, why did we have to be the poster child for this :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.