landerson1

VSC !! k-1 fiance visa....

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Okay so its been 2 weeks shy of 5 months and ive still not heard anything from vermont service center for my fiance's visa..I filed a I-129F back in November,2010..i recieved my NOA1 on November 12,2010 and thats it. Nothing requesting more info, just said it was being processed..yea,the check i sent them was processed quick! lol but as for my paperwork....not so much! Im gettin a little fed up with vermont service center, its taking longer than 5 months now to recieve approval. Going by their processing times, i set my wedding date for may 21,2011..its cutting it close, looks like ill be changing that soon.My congressman was quick to help but he is also waiting on a response from them to find out if they can get mine going since my wedding is paid for. Anyone have any good news for me??? im going insane!!

event.png

May 21 is definitely cutting it close. Do you know how long it takes for interview appointments to be made at your consulate? My fiancee's is typically at least 1 month after they receive the petition from NVC, which is usually another 2-3 weeks after NOA2. Do the math there and we're estimating about 2 months after NOA2 to interview date.

You may want to look into that to avoid a last minute surprise - it's why everyone here discourages setting wedding dates before you actually have the visa in hand. I hope it all works out for you!

Timeline

May 21 is definitely cutting it close. Do you know how long it takes for interview appointments to be made at your consulate? My fiancee's is typically at least 1 month after they receive the petition from NVC, which is usually another 2-3 weeks after NOA2. Do the math there and we're estimating about 2 months after NOA2 to interview date.

You may want to look into that to avoid a last minute surprise - it's why everyone here discourages setting wedding dates before you actually have the visa in hand. I hope it all works out for you!

I should have known but at the time i was thinking there was no way it would take this long, but i was wrong. Luckly, every vendor that i used for my wedding are very flexible with me since they know my situation.

Yes I hope I do hear something soon..im so happy for everyone recieving their approvals on time, just gets me a little down because i wish it were me :(

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sorry, but since you are VSC not CSC (like poster above), it most likely will take longer than 5 months. I guess there are MANY VSC people at 6 or even 7 months currently. There probably is a forum for VSC peeps that started in November, just search it on this site, at least you will have an idea of when everyone is starting to get their NOA2. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Okay so its been 2 weeks shy of 5 months and ive still not heard anything from vermont service center for my fiance's visa..I filed a I-129F back in November,2010..i recieved my NOA1 on November 12,2010 and thats it. Nothing requesting more info, just said it was being processed..yea,the check i sent them was processed quick! lol but as for my paperwork....not so much! Im gettin a little fed up with vermont service center, its taking longer than 5 months now to recieve approval. Going by their processing times, i set my wedding date for may 21,2011..its cutting it close, looks like ill be changing that soon.My congressman was quick to help but he is also waiting on a response from them to find out if they can get mine going since my wedding is paid for. Anyone have any good news for me??? im going insane!!

I hate to say this, but I think there is no chance at all for your May 21st wedding. We are in the same boat (NOA2 on October 29th, so exactly 5 months today). From looking at Igors list, we still have at least 6 weeks-2 months wait till the NOA2: if you have a look, VSC hasn't approved a single petition from Igors list since March 23rd and they are only 1/3 into the September petitions. Not sure what's going on, but know that we all still have a while to go. It sure is taking a lot longer than say a year ago, but there is nothing we can do but wait. Good luck

[quote name=Matt :)' timestamp='1301379223' post='4571820]

Sorry, but since you are VSC not CSC (like poster above), it most likely will take longer than 5 months. I guess there are MANY VSC people at 6 or even 7 months currently. There probably is a forum for VSC peeps that started in November, just search it on this site, at least you will have an idea of when everyone is starting to get their NOA2. Good luck!

I meant that they're closer to the front of the line rather than the back. 5 months is the target processing time for both service centers, although 6+ months is becoming common at Vermont.

You can get a good idea who has been recently approved thru VSC at: http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/vsc.aspx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Sorry but like other people have said, i doubt you will be there then, im hoping to be there by the end of May and i dont think i will be either with the way things are looking, our date is the 23rd of September 2010 and we havent heard a thing, only thing we have heard was they were doing the 11th of September, which they have been saying for weeks now and lots of other people are getting told all sorts of things, sorry mate, hope it speeds up for all of us! this waiting is doing my head in! :bonk:

event.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

this whole process is doing my head in as well.i really didnt expect that it would take this long.i think vermont service center needs to get a grip!

Ya if you read the progress reports forum most of us that filed in September havent even heard anything. So unless you are really lucky you got a long wait ahead.

9/13/2010 I-29f sent to Texas

9/23/2010 NOA1

10/3/2010 Touched

3/23/2011 Service request put in

3/30/2011 NOA2 finally!!!!

4/8/2011 Received by NVC

4/13/2011 NVC mailed packet to Guanzhou

5/5/2011 Consulate received packet

5/09/2011 Constulate mailed P3

6/15ish/2011 received P4

7/1/2011 Interview. Approved!!!

Timeline

i just looked at the list and noticed a few people who didnt file until jan-feb of this year are already recieving their NOA2's. Yes, there def is a longg wait ahead of me :(

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

They sure do process those checks quick, don't they! :)

May 2008- L is pushed into jagged rocks by a 12 ft wave while surfing in Chile. K saves her from certain watery death. Performs CPR and secretly enjoys it.

Sept 2008- L returns to the U.S. to finish school.

Dec 2008- K wins a surfing competition, uses prize money to buy L ticket to Chile.

Jan 2009- L visits K in Chile, 5 months pregnant!

April 2009- future world champion of surfing is born

Nov 2010- engaged!

Nov 28, 2010- petition sent

Dec 3, 2010- NOA 1

Dec 10, 2010- touched

May 6, 2011- NOA 2

May 17, 2011- sent to Embassy from NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.