claann72

IR1 Immigrant Visa: airplane ticket type

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi,

I'm new to the website and I'd like to be helped about my immigration in the USA.

I've just got an IR1 Immigrant Visa and I'm planning to immigrate from Italy to Usa by this summer, before the visa expiration.

I'm not sure about the kind of plane ticket I should buy: one way ticket or round-trip ticket.

For sure I'm gonna immigrate but I'll be back in a couple of months to get some more stuff from Italy.

Which is exactly the rule for the IR1 Immigrant Visa: one-way or round-trip?

Thanks a lot.

Claudio

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

you can buy the ticket that is best for your pocket... one/two way.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

which ever one is cheaper, if you get a round trip afer your in the us cancel the return flight,the border patrol keeps records, get the best price one way or round trip have a nice trip,

Timeline

So, you guys say that it doesn't matter? That's a good info.

I'll try to schedule the more convenient for my pocket.

Just another question: considering that me and my wife (the sponsor) currently live in Italy. Should I enter along with her or can I enter before her?

She should stay 15 days more in Italy due to family matters.

Thanks for your help.

Claudio

Edited by claann72

Timeline

So, you guys say that it doesn't matter? That's a good info.

I'll try to schedule the more convenient for my pocket.

Just another question: considering that me and my wife (the sponsor) currently live in Italy. Should I enter along with her or can I enter before her?

She should stay 15 days more in Italy due to family matters.

Thanks for your help.

Claudio

ok this s a great question...... she signed the Affidavit of Support agreeing that if she resides outside the USA that she would enter the USA before the immigrant/you or at the same time. Cant say this was ever done however for this to work she must have strong proof showing her intent to SET up residence in the USA.... rent receipts, signed a lease, other agreement , enrolling the child/ren in school if applicable, etc.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

Ricardo,

we've submitted the petition from Italy, since we both live here, so they know that. As regards the affidavit support, it's been signed by her but I've provided a written documentation proving I'll keep my job while staying abroad plus I'll keep working and receiving my regular salary.

This has been enough for them but... I'm not sure who has to enter the border before, still.

Thanks for your reply.

Edited by claann72

Timeline

Ricardo,

we've submitted the petition from Italy, since we both live here, so they know that. As regards the affidavit support, it's been signed by her but I've provided a written documentation proving I'll keep my job while staying abroad plus I'll keep working and receiving my regular salary.

This has been enough for them but... I'm not sure who has to enter the border before, still.

Thanks for your reply.

correct even so the petitioner must be in the USA at the last when the beneficiary is entering the USA

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

Uhmm... is that written somewhere or it's something you just believe?

It would be easier to understand to me.

Claudio

hmmm dont believe me huh... ok i'll make a few references ....

". You intend in good faith to reestablish your domicile in the United States no later than the date of the intending immigrant's admission or adjustment of status. You must submit proof that you have taken concrete steps to establish you will be domiciled in the United States at a time no later than the date of the intending immigrant's admission or adjustment of status. Concrete steps might include accepting a job in the United States, signing a lease or purchasing a residence in the United States, or registering children in U.S. schools. Please attach proof of the steps you have taken to establish domicile as described above."

source - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/164618-proving-domicile-when-not-living-in-the-us/

source - http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864instr.pdf (page 6, bottom LEFT)

How can a petitioner establish a domicile?

When a sponsor has clearly not maintained a domicile in the United States, he/she must re-establish a U.S. domicile to be a sponsor. The aspiring sponsor may take steps, including the examples given below, to show that the United States is his/her principal place of residence

• Find employment in the United States
  • Secure a residence in the United States
  • Register children in U.S. schools
  • Relinquish residence abroad
  • Other evidence of a U.S. residence

If the sponsor establishes U.S. domicile, it is not necessary for the sponsor to go to the United States before the sponsored family members. However, the sponsor must return to the United States to live before the sponsored immigrant may enter the United States. The sponsored immigrant must enter the U.S. with or after the sponsor.

source - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html (department of state)

additional source -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/258226-what-is-a-letter-of-intent-to-return-together-with-spouse-in-the-usa/

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

ahahaah it wasn't I didn't believe you...

I was just hoping that there were the possibility to enter the U.S. before my wife.

Considering the facts we'll enter together and, 2-3 weeks later, she could be back in Italy for a while, to complete our family duties.

Ricardo, thanks a lot for your precious information and for your time and patience.

Claudio

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.