Josh M

How long to receive green card after biometrics

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, My wife had here biometrics done about 3 weeks ago after getting her i485 approved. I was wondering how long it takes after the biiometrics to get the green card? The reason I ask is because we are traveling to the Philippines in about 45 days and we need the card. Her friend told her it takes 3 weeks but now im having doubts. I was dumb and already bought tickets to the philippines. Anyone know about how long it usually takes?

You didn't apply for an AP?

If I remember right - took about 30 days for us.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi, My wife had here biometrics done about 3 weeks ago after getting her i485 approved. I was wondering how long it takes after the biiometrics to get the green card? The reason I ask is because we are traveling to the Philippines in about 45 days and we need the card. Her friend told her it takes 3 weeks but now im having doubts. I was dumb and already bought tickets to the philippines. Anyone know about how long it usually takes?

Your wife's AOS wasn't approved.. it is impossible to do biometrics AFTER approval. So basically I think you mean she did biometrics three weeks after her case was RECEIVED which means it's only been 3 weeks. AOS is taking 3-6 months at the moment. You need to fill in your timeline so we can better understand what stage you're at.

Did you apply for AP? You could try applying for AP now and requesting an expedite, don't know your chances but as it's free it would certainly be something I'd try given you have 45 days... AP normally takes 2 months from filing but that's when filed with AOS... so who knows.. might be approved in time for the flight

Just to reiterate :time: here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Please tell us where you are in the process. Adjusting status from a K1 visa?

From what you are saying it sounds like the petition was accepted and the biometrics have been completed. Approval will come at some point in the future and there could possibly be an interview before any approval.

If you did not apply for the advance parole you may have to schedule an appointment at your local USCIS office to request an expedited/emergency Advance Parole so that your spouse may reenter the US prior to obtaining the green card.. And you may have to pay the fee if you did not apply for the parole along with the adjustment of status.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It was 4 months from biometrics to green card in hand for us, but only a few weeks from biometrics to AP in hand if you applied for that.

Edited by katie & sifa

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, to clarify, my wifes permanent resident card is expired but she received a notice (I 797 C) saying that her conditional permanant residence is extended for one year for authorized employment and travel. I am concerned that even though she can legally travel she does not yet have an updated card. All she has is a expired card and a letter saying it is extended. I dont want to have problems at the airport if some employees over there dont believe the extension letter. I was hoping she would get a new card soon but it looks like its not going to happen in the next few weeks. Does anyone know if customs recognizes extension letters for international travel?

Filed: Other Timeline

You have no problem. If you don't trust an official letter from The United States Government to have any value, you might as well try to wait for President Obama and the try to rip off his rubber mask so that the reptile-like green, slimy body of an out-of-space alien surfaces.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

• 8 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To clarify, the OP is at the Removal of Conditions stage, not the Adjustment of Status stage. The application the OP submitted was not the I-485 but the I-751, thus the confusion.

Since the question is about the validity of the documentation used for travel related to the I-751 Removal of Conditions petition rather than about the travel itself, I am also moving this thread to the Removal of Conditions forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, the letter of extension/NOA receipt for the I-751 Removal of Conditions petition is proof of the one year extension of the current conditional green card's validity. You need to carry both the original letter (leave a copy of it at home and you can carry copies with you, but have the original with you for presentation at the airport) and the expiring/expired green card and show them together. The extended date is one year after the expiry date on the green card so both need to be presented. Together they act as one document that verifies your wife's legal status in the US. She will need both the green card and the original extension letter to board the plane from the Philippines back to the US.

Approval for the ROC can take anywhere from a month or so after biometrics up to a year. It is hard to predict in which category your wife will fall. The majority are taking several months after doing biometrics at this time.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i had my biometrics last nov 15th. i applied for AP and EAD together with my AOS application but havent heard from uscis yet after they informed me my case had been transferred to CSC. Last weekend, uscis website says my EAD had been ordered for production last dec 23. today, uscis website says, on dec 27th they mailed me a notification that my EAD application had been approved. On the other hand, NO update on my AOS. NO schedule for interview received to date. SAME thing for my AP --- NO update whatsoever. I also have a ticket for travel to phils and my flight schedule is Jan 8, 2012 so im keeping my fingers crossed i'll get the necessary documents for travel before my flight date...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i had my biometrics last nov 15th. i applied for AP and EAD together with my AOS application but havent heard from uscis yet after they informed me my case had been transferred to CSC. Last weekend, uscis website says my EAD had been ordered for production last dec 23. today, uscis website says, on dec 27th they mailed me a notification that my EAD application had been approved. On the other hand, NO update on my AOS. NO schedule for interview received to date. SAME thing for my AP --- NO update whatsoever. I also have a ticket for travel to phils and my flight schedule is Jan 8, 2012 so im keeping my fingers crossed i'll get the necessary documents for travel before my flight date...

The original poster is not applying for AOS they are applying for removal of conditions.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• 1 year later...

Hi I did a stupid mistake and I am very worried for it.. In the biometric appointment you have to fill up a form and you have to input your address ... so I have input my new address different from my aos application form.. so does that mean no hope for me ? or will it take more time or my application will be canceled for sure... ? it has been one day since I have submitted my application and they took my picture and fingerprints .. so ... is there any way of fixing this mistake? let me know. Thank you.

Edited by Griffith

Hi I did a stupid mistake and I am very worried for it.. In the biometric appointment you have to fill up a form and you have to input your address ... so I have input my new address different from my aos application form.. so does that mean no hope for me ? or will it take more time or my application will be canceled for sure... ? it has been one day since I have submitted my application and they took my picture and fingerprints .. so ... is there any way of fixing this mistake? let me know. Thank you.

This shouldn't be an issue at all, just make sure, if you have not done so, to inform immigration of your new address.

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.