Dave and Shannon

Why is Vermont Service Centre taking so long?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey all

First time posting on here, found this site by mistake but is awesome for information and help!! not sure if im posting in the right area... We filed for our K1 I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) and they recieved it on the 23rd of September 2010... Our lawyer said it should take 5 months and it will be 6 months next week on wednesday since it was filed.. does anyone know if this service centre is running slower then the page says it should be.. i looked up the website and it says 5 months but we still havent heard anything :( Im a little worried, is there anywhere i can actually see how long they are taking? i seen a couple of charts but couldnt understand them well... Im from Australia and she is american in south carolina...

Thanks heaps for your help in advance and if theres another post on here like this i didnt see it and im sorry :)

Cheers

event.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

WE ARE ALMOST SAME IN TIMELINE AND AM JUST AHEAD ONE DAY FROM YOU BUT SAME HERE NOT HEARD ANYTHING FROM THEM..YES VERMONT TAKES TOO LONG COMPARED TO CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER..BUT AS I HAVE NOTICE THERE ARE STILL SOME AHEAD OF US AS SEPTEMBER FILERS AND NOT YET BEEN APPROVE..SO HOPE OURS WILL BE SOONER.. GOODLUCK TO US

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Hey,

Yeah there is enough people around our timing that are not confirmed yet.....we are from 22nd of September :) Still waiting patiently :) My estimated time is within 2 weeks :) I hope Im right :)

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” Jimmy Dean

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are an October filers but until now there is no any updates of our NOA2,. Yes Vermont Service Center is very slow compare to other service centers, so dont worry about it, all of us will be approved. Keep praying for it.

Our Journey

October-31-2009 Met in online thru Filipinaheart.com

December-10-2009 Relationship officially stablished

July-02-2010 Met in person for the first time

July-06-2010 Proposed/ Engaged

October-18-2010 Sent I-129F

October-29-2010 NOA1 received (receipt)

April-14-2010 NOA2 Approved! (email and text message)

April-19-2010 NOA2 Hardcopy received

?-?-? Medical

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

We just got our NOA1 by email. Our papers routed to VSC....should we prepare ourselves for super longggggggg wait?! b-(

Good Luck to all of us...

When life gives you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt....:)

Visa Journey

Mar 02 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox

Mar 08 2011 - Delivered to Dallas

Mar 11 2011 - Check in cashed..

Mar 12 2011 - Initial Review; Status Last update...

Mar 14 2011 - NOA1 received by email - petition routed to VSC

Aug 10 2011- unexpectedly received mail from NVC saying we are approved

w/ my MNL case # on it.

Aug 11 2011- My approved petition already at USEM :)

Aug 16 2011- Finally, USCIS update our status..

Aug 22-23 2011 - Medical Exam: Passed! yay!

Aug 22 2011 - finally received hardcopy of NOA2 on mail and we were approved since Jul 13, 2011

Sep 02 2011 - Interview date! approved!

Sep 14 2011 - Visa received!

Sep 19 2011 - POE (Guam)

Oct 14 2011 - Wedding Day

Nov 21 2011 - AOS Sent

Nov 25 2011 - AOS Delivered

Nov 30 2011 - NOA1s received by email/

Dec 06 2011 - NOA1s hard copies received dated Nov 30, 2011

Dec 22 2011 - Biometric done

Timeline

Thanks for the quick reply's, this site is awesome, well keep me informed how all you go... hopefully ours comes in soon, its so hard being away from our loved one, and is nerve racking waiting for a reply... and will be even more nervous when the interview comes but u gotta do what u gotta do!! hope we all go through soon!!

i also saw this http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/index.php?cfl=0 it was saying the processing forms for our date VSC was 24th of September 2010.. im stumped...

event.png

Timeline

Hey,

Yeah there is enough people around our timing that are not confirmed yet.....we are from 22nd of September :) Still waiting patiently :) My estimated time is within 2 weeks :) I hope Im right :)

hope your right too as we will be right behind ya :)

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for the quick reply's, this site is awesome, well keep me informed how all you go... hopefully ours comes in soon, its so hard being away from our loved one, and is nerve racking waiting for a reply... and will be even more nervous when the interview comes but u gotta do what u gotta do!! hope we all go through soon!!

i also saw this http://www.visajourn...index.php?cfl=0 it was saying the processing forms for our date VSC was 24th of September 2010.. im stumped...

Just go to the USCIS site and look up Vermont service centre.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

So I was just looking at the VSC timelines after I had input my NOA1 information and got told that there was not enough data to give me an estimate for NOA2. :(

Anyway, it says someone (no link to profile) who filed IR1/CR1 on march 1 2011 got NOA2 on march 11. :shocked:

While I would be overjoyed to get approved so quickly, it's really frustrating and worrying to see that the first one in isn't always the first one out.

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The VSC needs to wake up and approve some people...6 months is outrageous!

09/21/10 - I-129F Sent!

09/23/10 - I-129F Received in Dallas, TX

09/28/10 - Text & E-mail NOA1 (It was at 12:44AM, weird) Notification that our case was transferred to VSC.

09/29/10 - Check cashed

09/30/10 - NOA-1 Hard Copy dated Sep. 27, 2010

10/03/10 - TOUCH!

After numerous calls to USCIS, my two Texas Senators and a Congressman, the latter got an "expedite" put through (if you can call a month and a week after ONPT an expedite). Just never let up! Even though mine took way too long, there were people who were a month before me and waited longer because they just sat back and watched. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

03/31/11 - NOA-2!

04/05/11 - Received NOA-2 hard copy.

04/07/11 - NVC Received

04/12/11 - Case left NVC via DHL

04/14/11 - Consulate Received Hard Copy of Case

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello Everyone from Joe and Xiumei!!

Yes we agree. The wait is awful. NOA1 Sept. 16. Over six months now. I have called the USCIS. They had me file a form to search and find out what happened. They said if I had not heard anything in a month to call back. What a joke!! All we can do is wait. From everything and everybody I have talked to 6 months and 1 week is about the normal time for Vermont Service Center as of this month. We hope to hear something next week. Well we hoped to hear something last week, and the week before that, and the .................

Will post as soon as we hear something. Some before us have approvals, some after us have approvals. Who Knows??

Good Luck,

Joe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.