Captain Ewok

General K1 Guides and Info

236 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi everyone Happy Turkey Day to you all! Just got back from a military exercise in time to have some chow with my daughter. Flew in yesterday. Im thankful for that. The bad news is I was told in less than 90 days I will be going to play in the sand for about a year. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to to speed up the process? When I recieved my deployment order I want to send with a letter requesting my case be expedited. Any advice would be appreciated. God bless--Denis

Filed: Timeline

Questions about AOS for married and pregnant K-1 here in the USA. When my fiancee and I entered the USA about 3.5 weeks ago, we forgot to ask USCIS at the Airport for the temp work permit. We subsequently married and applied for Soc Security Card. Anybody know the quickest way for EAD for her to work at this point? I am in the process of sending in the application for AOS- and since she is 3 months pregnant and hence we declined the vaccinations during her medical, does anybody know if she can be exempted from vaccinations until after she gives birth? Thanks, Rick and Gina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi Rick,

Congratualtions! I am happy to hear you are together, married and you're going to be a dad!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

As for your questions about EAD and vacciantions - I think you should post this in the AOS section as a new thread - if you haven't.

One thing I do know is she will be exempt from vaccinations, at least the varicella/chix pox as it causes birth defects (!) until after the birth.

Congrats again and good luck! Give Gina my cyber best!

amwo

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know where else to look. (Yes, I *do* searches.)

I'm CONFUSED! about all the different timelines

Yes, yes, I joined in Jan of 2006, but I am only recently active because we were trying to cram in a music festival (involving me going to the US) before filing to begin the K-1.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...da&dfile=No

Under this url it lists XX days for our total. After some backwards and forwards arithmetic I arrived at the conclusion that the number of days---at this point---is calculated from the time the packet left my boyfriend's fingertips to whatever is the current date.

However, when I go to the page http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php it only lists "filing" to "interview." Is the "filing" date the same as mailed date or is it NoA1 date---and *which* NoA1 date? In historical trends, it has filing to NoA2---and then I have to figure out how many weeks and days to approximately add to that based on the K-1 flow chart in Guides.

We are going through Nebraska and Canada is the outside country. Average total days to interview is 189 for K-1 and immediately below that is the graph showing 192 days---from "initial filing." Is that 192 days from the time the I-129f left my boyfriend's fingertips to the interview or from the filing date of NoA1 or from the day that *he* got the NoA1 in the mail?---or is it something else? And, why does it say 189 days in the written part? What are the 189 days?

I-129f left bf's fingertips 2006-10-12

NoA1 filing date in CSC 2006-10-18

NoA1 received by snail 2006-10-28

That means that the date on the document says October 18, but the bf didn't receive it until October 28. Hence, the question about *which* NoA1 date is used.

Yes, I know that I have wandered all over with this post, but I wanted to be sure to cover all the points of confusion.

PS:

Advanced searches using +timeline+explanation return only results that contain the word timeline---which is not helpful.

Previous lists moved to "Story" section

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

To all...

When I first started out, I found this information from the Department of State (DOS) very helpful (CLICK HERE). Also, for my fellow Phil-Am families, please check out my signature block for other information that may help you along in your visa journey.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

can someone post or email me a copy of the DS 156k form I am not able to locate it on the Embassy website and the link does not work

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

i haVE a possible unique situation? i was born w/last name as Holt..but my dad passed away(Vietnam) wen i was 3 yrs old. My mom re-married wen i was 6..and i have have used my stepdads last name since..including my social security #. Wen it is time to file for k1..will ther be a problem, becasue my birth certificate shows Holt but i dont ever used Holt. I never have legally changed my name. Wen i got my passport...it has me as Holt..but says "see back" and shows my last name i currently use. Anyone came across this sort of thing..and if so..any advice? thx, Mike

To all...

When I first started out, I found this information from the Department of State (DOS) very helpful (CLICK HERE). Please review VJ's K1 guide (CLICK HERE) (very informative). Also, for my fellow Phil-Am families, please check out my signature block for other information that may help you along in your visa journey.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

• 1 month later...

hi, gud morning. i'm new to this site and im having the same situation as everybody here.... my fiance received the letter that the petition is approved last feb 8, (valid from feb 1 - june 1 2007). it say the consulate here i think will contact me about it? im wondering if i can call and ask the consulate about it...

one more thing, we have a son, the problem was, in my son's birth certificate i've put filipino in citizenship instead of us citizen for his dad, will they be too strict about it... thanks. i'll be having more questions in the coming day, hope you guys could help me... have a nice day

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

I am a n00b here and have a questions. I have searched high and low but cannot find the clarification, so I apologize in advance for this question; I would greatly appreciate an answer:

Income requirements; I am under the impression that I must meet a minimum of 125% of the poverty level, etc. but my girl in Russia has just sent me a quote from her Russian translation of our American USCIC website, stating a minimum of over 40,000 USD annually. Can someone please clarify this for me?

To all...

When I first started out, I found this information from the Department of State (DOS) very helpful (CLICK HERE). Please review VJ's K1 guide (CLICK HERE) (very informative). Also, for my fellow Phil-Am families, please check out my signature block for other information that may help you along in your visa journey.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hello

California Service Center

Consulate: London, UK

I-129F Sent: 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1: 2006-10-02

I-129F NOA2: 2006-12-08

NVC Rec'd: 2006-12-14

NVC Left: 2006-12-27

P3 Rec'd: 2007-01-25

P3 Sent: 2007-01-26

Medical Exam: 2007-02-08

Checklist sent: 2007-02-15

P3 RESENT!! 2007-02-28

P4 Rec'd: 2007-03-21

Interview Date: 2007-04-19 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

Visa Rec'd: 2007-04-23

US Entry: 2007-05-02

Marriage: 2007-05-31

"Your skin

Oh yeah your skin and bones

Turn into something beautiful

D'you know you know I love you so

You know I love you so

I swam across

I jumped across for you

Oh all the things you do

Cause you were all yellow

Your skin

Oh yeah your skin and bones

Turn into something beautiful

D'you know for you i bleed myself dry

For you i bleed myself dry

Look at the stars,

Look how they shine for you,

And everything you do"

100_1527.jpgmeandphill.jpg

To all...

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I hpe you guys can give me some views about my situation. I was interviewed at the manila embassy last feb 15 and it was approved but until now i haven't received my visa. How long does it take to deliver the visa? I called the embassy and was told just to wait.

• 1 month later...

To all...

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - Check out my wife's profile [Deputy Uling] for a jump start on the Adjustment of Status process.

To all K1 Visa Applicants...

I have provided some links that may help you along in your K1 Visa Journey:

[CLICK HERE] - 5 Stages of the K1 Visa Process "Simplified and Theoretical" (according to Sheriff Uling)

[CLICK HERE] - Department of State (DOS) Nonimmigran Visa Information (Overview of the K1 Process)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ's K1 Visa Guide & Information (Detailed Steps for Filing)

[CLICK HERE] - Adjustment of Status AOS Information (check my wife's signature "Deputy Uling")

NOTE: For my fellow Phil-Am families, please check out my signature block for detailed information on the K1 Visa Process for the Philippines.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.