Captain Ewok

General K1 Guides and Info

236 posts in this topic

Hello to everybody.

I am a new here and trying to collect all the information that I need for K1 visa proces.

Does anyone has this "problem" ??

In short notice, my finace (US citizen) and I applied for K1 visa on october 2012.

I allready have tourist visa, which I used to visit him during 3 and a half year of relationship.

We decided that it would take a while to get approval for everything, and since I am a physician in my homeland

I should probably be staying in US trying to pass exams for nostrification of my medical diploma while waiting and

in meantime we hope NOA2 would come.

I applied for my exam at 24th of June 2013. and yesterday we received NOA2 !!!

We were extremely happy, BUT package 3 will probably arrive to my homeland before the date of my exam.

My question to members: how much time do I have to send first documents (forms) and repllies to US embassy?

I do not want to cancel my exam, it costed lot of money, but I wont be able to arrive in my homeland so soon.

I am not sure if embassy will make some problems if I don`t replly the form immediately.

if anyone knows, or have experinece it would decrease this hardly bearable stress crying.gif

thank you all goofy.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello to everybody.

I am a new here and trying to collect all the information that I need for K1 visa proces.

Does anyone has this "problem" ??

In short notice, my finace (US citizen) and I applied for K1 visa on october 2012.

I allready have tourist visa, which I used to visit him during 3 and a half year of relationship.

We decided that it would take a while to get approval for everything, and since I am a physician in my homeland

I should probably be staying in US trying to pass exams for nostrification of my medical diploma while waiting and

in meantime we hope NOA2 would come.

I applied for my exam at 24th of June 2013. and yesterday we received NOA2 !!!

We were extremely happy, BUT package 3 will probably arrive to my homeland before the date of my exam.

My question to members: how much time do I have to send first documents (forms) and repllies to US embassy?

I do not want to cancel my exam, it costed lot of money, but I wont be able to arrive in my homeland so soon.

I am not sure if embassy will make some problems if I don`t replly the form immediately.

if anyone knows, or have experinece it would decrease this hardly bearable stress crying.gif

thank you all goofy.gif

When are your exam? Ie how much of a delay will you need?

Usually, the NOA2 is technically valid 4 months but often, it takes the embassy longer than that to even schedule an interview and they will automatically extend.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Queen Penguin

thank you very much for your fast replying.

My exam will be on June 24th.

I thought to change my flying ticket for home, immediately after exam.

Do you think that will make problem if first replay to embassy on Package 3 wait for 2-3 WEEKS?

I assume this time frame. So I am trying to prepar myself what to do if it happens this way.

thanx once again

Timeline

Not a problem at all, many people need a few weeks/ a couple of months to gather the documents and such.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Not a problem at all, many people need a few weeks/ a couple of months to gather the documents and such.

That`s relief.

thanx Q.P.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! I am new here. I need help on our K-1 visa. I have questions to ask. Is it alright for just as partners to process the papers? or do we need to ask help from our friend?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Please, please for some advice. I recently filed for my fiance (I-129F) and we are awaiting approval notice which should be coming anytime soon. A relative of his petitioned for him many years ago but by the time he was called for the interview he was over 21 meaning that when the relative initially petitioned he was a minor but when he got to the interview he was no longer a minor. The returned all of his documents and basically said that he cannot receive a visa at this time and a petition would have to be resubmitted with his new age status. My question is, will this affect our petition and is there any documentation we need to take with us on the interview. Thanks!!!smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

people say that because ur fiancee need thoses form to fill out other forms so that there is not a mismatch between both .but if u can recall all the informations u put on the I 129f it' s ok. the embassy will not ask you to show the the I129.

do not worry much about that.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

**** Thread locked as this is a pinned topic for information only. Please create your own thread about your own case if you have questions or need information ***

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.