omonaija

Forms needed for K1 Interview in Lagos

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJ members, I have a K1 interview coming up in Lagos soon. Kindly point me in the right direction as to what and where to get all the forms I'll need for the interview.

I have the police and medical ones already. What else do I need?

Also, for the affidavit of support, do you use I-134 or I-864? The petitioner is filling an affidavit of support but we are also using a co-sponsor just to be sure.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can find all the forms you need on the embassy website Immigrant visa forms For a K1 you use the I 134 at the embassy interview and the I 864 at the AOS interview. All non K visas use the I 184. Beware that the I 864 has a higher level of income (125%) but they tend to look for that with amount anyway because they know you will be doing an AOS very soon. You need your long form birth record and papers from any divorces.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

You can find all the forms you need on the embassy website Immigrant visa forms For a K1 you use the I 134 at the embassy interview and the I 864 at the AOS interview. All non K visas use the I 184. Beware that the I 864 has a higher level of income (125%) but they tend to look for that with amount anyway because they know you will be doing an AOS very soon. You need your long form birth record and papers from any divorces.

:thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Pls how did you know about your interview date,i was notify that my package is on its way to LAGOS CONSULATE,and pls after fillings the required downloaded forms online,how do i send it back to the consulate and can i go for my medical or do i wait to be notify by the consulate before going for the medical

Timeline

Pls how did you know about your interview date,i was notify that my package is on its way to LAGOS CONSULATE,and pls after fillings the required downloaded forms online,how do i send it back to the consulate and can i go for my medical or do i wait to be notify by the consulate before going for the medical

Once your pkt arrives in Lagos the consulate will email you the interview date or once you know you case is at the embassy you can email the embassy and request a date it normally takes them about 2-3weeks to get back to you. However you can go here http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html and download what is considered pkt 3. Once you fill all the forms in pkt three you will take them to the interview with you. You do not need to take anything to the embassy prior to your interview date. You can go for your medical and police report now if you want. Make sure you have the long form of your birth certificate, the affidavit of support and the supporting documents and any and all evidence of ongoing relationship for the interview....Good Luck.

Also you can track your pkg to the Lagos Embassy or call DOS (dept of State) they will tell you when and if your pkt arrived in Lagos and if there has been an interview date assigned good luck!!! :thumbs:

Edited by patient2010

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJ members, I have a K1 interview coming up in Lagos soon. Kindly point me in the right direction as to what and where to get all the forms I'll need for the interview.

I have the police and medical ones already. What else do I need?

Also, for the affidavit of support, do you use I-134 or I-864? The petitioner is filling an affidavit of support but we are also using a co-sponsor just to be sure.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

When I did my K-1, I emailed the lagos consulate for the packet 3 and I was replied withing 2-3 business days. They gave me our interview date and also emailed me the packet 3 which I forwarded to my then fiancee. All the forms needed and instructions would be in the packet 3 and you would have plenty of time to complete all the forms. They usually direct you to where you need to go for the medicals(mostly Kamoras).

Timeline

You can email the lagos consulate with your NVC assigned case number, the beneficiary's name and the petitioner's. They usually reply emails within 2-3 business days. Give them about 3 to 4 weeks after the NVC mails your package to Lagos before making inquiries about the interview date. I would advise you not to be in so much hurry as the beneficiary would have plenty of time to prepare for the interview.

Timeline

Thanks for all the responses, but I need further clarification.

When you go to http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html, you are not able to click on the link for the K1 forms (packet 3). So far I have taken care of Medical and Police issues. My question is what specific files are included in Packet 3 and 4 because I can always get them online once I know the file name or number.

So in short, I have the Medical, Police cert and I-134. What other specific forms do I need?

Also, does the co-sponsor use I-134 or I-864?

Thanks again for your responses.

Timeline

Thanks for all the responses, but I need further clarification.

When you go to http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visa_forms.html, you are not able to click on the link for the K1 forms (packet 3). So far I have taken care of Medical and Police issues. My question is what specific files are included in Packet 3 and 4 because I can always get them online once I know the file name or number.

So in short, I have the Medical, Police cert and I-134. What other specific forms do I need?

Also, does the co-sponsor use I-134 or I-864?

Thanks again for your responses.

Forms DS-156k, DS-156(twice), and I-134

Timeline

If I may ask when is ur iv date cos I just got a new date for my @ april 14

Please fill in ur timeline :)

AOS Journey:

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

I have heard to also bring any and all phone records you can get, from the states (AT&T, etc.) and Nigeria (MTN, Glo, etc.) and also all Skype phone records. Chat records too but I have read on here that lately they are heavily looking at phone records.

Timeline

I have heard to also bring any and all phone records you can get, from the states (AT&T, etc.) and Nigeria (MTN, Glo, etc.) and also all Skype phone records. Chat records too but I have read on here that lately they are heavily looking at phone records.

Yes proof of ongoing relationship is a must and phone logs are imperative from the beginning of the relationship to the present.......

AOS Journey:

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.