dummyfenus

CENOMAR

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i got my CENOMAR already and its purpose was for passport or travel..im preparing in advance so when i get the packets,my documents are all ready. im applying for K1 visa.My concern is that,is d purpose of my CENOMAr ok or do i need to get a CENOMAR for marriage purposes?

i really need your help and guidance guys!thanks!

i got my CENOMAR already and its purpose was for passport or travel..im preparing in advance so when i get the packets,my documents are all ready. im applying for K1 visa.My concern is that,is d purpose of my CENOMAr ok or do i need to get a CENOMAR for marriage purposes?

i really need your help and guidance guys!thanks!

Hi! I got my CENOMAR last week. I also got confused when hey asked me if it is for travel to the US or for marriage. And I was, like can both be put there? And they were like, no. Haha So I just decided to go with the US travel purpose since it's for the visa anyway. :)

Edited by jimmy_jlyn

W2tim4.png

US Wedding 7/22/2011

0386172.th.jpg0725350.th.jpg0962502.th.jpg0733355.th.jpg0857426.th.jpg

PH Wedding 3/12/2013

http://vimeo.com/61700599

I first requested last October for my CENOMAR where it said for marriage purpose. The NSO really didnt ask for this from me and just received the CENOMAR with that purpose indicated. Good thing this question was asked here because I asked for an updated copy this March (hoping to use it when i have my NOA2 and interview) where it said "for VISA purpose". I cant remember them asking me what purpose to indicate because the 2 requests were made via NSO hotline. wondering if "for visa purpose" is fine?

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

I first requested last October for my CENOMAR where it said for marriage purpose. The NSO really didnt ask for this from me and just received the CENOMAR with that purpose indicated. Good thing this question was asked here because I asked for an updated copy this March (hoping to use it when i have my NOA2 and interview) where it said "for VISA purpose". I cant remember them asking me what purpose to indicate because the 2 requests were made via NSO hotline. wondering if "for visa purpose" is fine?

For Travel to US or visa purposes is okay.

sounds good. thanks for your replies :)

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

mine says for visa :)

i put travel to USA and the NSO employee changed it to VISA... but i think travel to USA, VISA is ok... as long as the cert. shows that ur single/ or in cenmar all ur previous marriages are listed on the cert. ^_^ ^_^

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

I got mine just last week (Since I was at NSO for my son's BC, I thought why not just get my CENOMAR too. To save time.) So I did and they also asked me for what purpose. I told the lady for travel but then when I got my CENOMAR on hand, it says their, its upon request for (MY SON'S NAME) for travel/passport. I wasn't able to complain though (which I think I should) But anyway, I think I have to even go back to NSO to get a new one prior to my interview (since I heard that the CO want a latest one) probably I'll have my NOA2 by August or Sept. So getting a CENOMAR as early as March will not count. (I GUESS for they want a new one, like a month old or two)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

how recent should cenomar be for interview date?

The more recent...the better. I got mine same month as my interview. I think the purpose doesn't matter at all as long as you don't appear in the marriage indices. My purpose was "NONE" since i didn't get it in person.

ok. my cenomar date is aug 18. interview date is sept8. i hope thats recent enough.

yes. thats recent enough. =)

God bless on your upcoming interview.

I-130 for mother

06/25/16 - Sent petition to USCIS

07/02/16 - Received email and text that I-130 was received

07/05/15 - Checked cleared in the bank

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.