KarenB

Electronic Processing and Online forms DS 260 and DS 261.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, i have started this forum for those who are doing both EP and using the online forms. Some of the other forums relating to this are a little confusimg. any one with clear steps to add here, will be greatly appreciated.

z4ddbf876e4519.gif

Glitter Text Maker

Event Date

2010-08-06: I-130 Sent

2010-11-02: I-130 Transfered to TSC

2010-08-16: I-130 NOA1

2011-02-08: I-130 RFE

2011-02-21: I-130 RFE Sent

2011-03-01: I-130 Approved

2011-03-07: I-130 NOA2 Hard copy Received

2011-03-07: I-130 NOA2 Sent to NVC

NVC

2011-03-18: NVC Case #

2011-03-19: Sent OPTIN email and DS 261

2011-03-22: AOS fees appears as PAID

2011-03-23: Emailed AOS package

2011-03-28: Paid IV bill

2011-03-28: Sent IV supporting docs

2011-04-04: Resent IV and AOS packages

2011-04-19: Case reviewed, RFE

2011-05-06: SIF!!!

2011-05-09: CC email and confirmation from operator!

2011-05-13: My hubbys's Bday, great gift interview date throu email!!!:)

Med/Interview/POE

2011-05-25: Medical Medisys. Done.

2011-06-27: Interview *APPROVED!!!*

2011-07-13: Passport in hand.

2011-07-30: POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am going for a CR1 and did my first attemt at the DS260 this morning. It took 3 friggin hours!!!! Mind you I had moved 21 times since I was 16 so finding those addresses was a pain in the butt. Then it kept rejecting Feb in any of the dates. Said there was a lag in dates so changed all the Feb dates to March and it worked. That must be a glitch on thier part. So with the CR1 do I actually mail the supporting documents in once the DS260 is submitted or do I scan and send them by email??? I still need a couple of postal codes for places that don't exist anymore that I lived in and a few missing addresses. Did a call out to friends and family for those, what is teh NVC going to do, send some roving reporter out to check out all the places I lived in for past 40 yrs???

I am going for a CR1 and did my first attemt at the DS260 this morning. It took 3 friggin hours!!!! Mind you I had moved 21 times since I was 16 so finding those addresses was a pain in the butt. Then it kept rejecting Feb in any of the dates. Said there was a lag in dates so changed all the Feb dates to March and it worked. That must be a glitch on thier part. So with the CR1 do I actually mail the supporting documents in once the DS260 is submitted or do I scan and send them by email??? I still need a couple of postal codes for places that don't exist anymore that I lived in and a few missing addresses. Did a call out to friends and family for those, what is teh NVC going to do, send some roving reporter out to check out all the places I lived in for past 40 yrs???

The method of sending out the supporting documents depends if you signed up for EP or not. If you signed up for EP, you email the supporting documents. If not, you snail mail them.

Ok, i have started this forum for those who are doing both EP and using the online forms. Some of the other forums relating to this are a little confusimg. any one with clear steps to add here, will be greatly appreciated.

Check the first link in my signature. It's a guide I created myself for NVC for Canadians for EP and online forms.

Timeline

I am also EP.Now I was reading your first link. It says on the addresses I need exact dates, not month and year. Well on my DS260 it was only month and year from and to. No where did schooling pop up and it asked what kind of occupation I had, only needed to really put in one, no phone number or supervisor name. Why does my form seem different from yours??

I am also EP.Now I was reading your first link. It says on the addresses I need exact dates, not month and year. Well on my DS260 it was only month and year from and to. No where did schooling pop up and it asked what kind of occupation I had, only needed to really put in one, no phone number or supervisor name. Why does my form seem different from yours??

I'm thinking it's cause they updated it and removed it from the form, so that information is not needed anymore. You're absolutely positive it didn't ask about previous employers or school at all? I get that they removed the exact dates being needed, but previous employers and school were still asked on the DS-230, so I don't understand why they would remove it.

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

Schooling definately not, and on employment it was like I said, I had to pick what type of employment I had, the address of the company and that was it. I am wondering if its different because of my age being in my 50's?? I wil be going back over it with a fine tooth comb before i actually hit send. LOL

I'm thinking it's cause they updated it and removed it from the form, so that information is not needed anymore. You're absolutely positive it didn't ask about previous employers or school at all? I get that they removed the exact dates being needed, but previous employers and school were still asked on the DS-230, so I don't understand why they would remove it.

Schooling definately not, and on employment it was like I said, I had to pick what type of employment I had, the address of the company and that was it. I am wondering if its different because of my age being in my 50's?? I wil be going back over it with a fine tooth comb before i actually hit send. LOL

Age should not make any difference whatsoever. Weird that they removed schooling though... Oh well, I guess it will be easier now for those filling out the DS-260. It wasn't a problem for me since I gathered all the information I needed way ahead of time and just had to input everything once the form became available.

And yes, it's a good idea to review anything before submitting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey peeps - DS-260 ain't China Specific, at all

*** moving to Canada Forum ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hey peeps - DS-260 ain't China Specific, at all

*** moving to Canada Forum ***

Thanks for finally moving this topic. OP must have meant to post in the Canada forum.

Timeline

Yes, i started this topic a few days after signing on to VJ so i probably did not know where to put it :unsure: . darnell thanks for moving it :) .

Saylin i've seen and read your guide and it is mighty helpful . anyone going through the EP process with online forms, just go there for info and see NVC fly by! :thumbs::wow: .

Still waiting for my case # from NVC so i can start the process already :clock: !

Edited by Happy User

z4ddbf876e4519.gif

Glitter Text Maker

Event Date

2010-08-06: I-130 Sent

2010-11-02: I-130 Transfered to TSC

2010-08-16: I-130 NOA1

2011-02-08: I-130 RFE

2011-02-21: I-130 RFE Sent

2011-03-01: I-130 Approved

2011-03-07: I-130 NOA2 Hard copy Received

2011-03-07: I-130 NOA2 Sent to NVC

NVC

2011-03-18: NVC Case #

2011-03-19: Sent OPTIN email and DS 261

2011-03-22: AOS fees appears as PAID

2011-03-23: Emailed AOS package

2011-03-28: Paid IV bill

2011-03-28: Sent IV supporting docs

2011-04-04: Resent IV and AOS packages

2011-04-19: Case reviewed, RFE

2011-05-06: SIF!!!

2011-05-09: CC email and confirmation from operator!

2011-05-13: My hubbys's Bday, great gift interview date throu email!!!:)

Med/Interview/POE

2011-05-25: Medical Medisys. Done.

2011-06-27: Interview *APPROVED!!!*

2011-07-13: Passport in hand.

2011-07-30: POE

Timeline

Yes, i started this topic a few days after signing on to VJ so i probably did not know where to put it :unsure: . darnell thanks for moving it :) .

Saylin i've seen and read your guide and it is mighty helpful . anyone going through the EP process with online forms, just go there for info and see NVC fly by! :thumbs::wow: .

Still waiting for my case # from NVC so i can start the process already :clock: !

You can call the NVC and ask for the number.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.