Dan_P

How long does it take to get a visa after the interview?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well, i wanted to come back to Vietnam to support my wife during the interview. I know I can't go inside the embassy, but maybe i can sit in a nearby cafe or something. What I wanted to know was, based on your experiences, after a pink, how long does it take to get a visa? If it was not too long, i wanted to stay in Vietnam until she got the visa.. i would buy a roudntrip for myself and a one way for her over here, so that we can be on the same flight.

thanks in advance! :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well, i wanted to come back to Vietnam to support my wife during the interview. I know I can't go inside the embassy, but maybe i can sit in a nearby cafe or something. What I wanted to know was, based on your experiences, after a pink, how long does it take to get a visa? If it was not too long, i wanted to stay in Vietnam until she got the visa.. i would buy a roudntrip for myself and a one way for her over here, so that we can be on the same flight.

For our case we waited 3 weeks for our visa which before that was a 3 weeks wait due to the blue slip.

Usually it takes about a week to pick up the visa after the approval, but sometimes it can drag out for several weeks (read the thread "PINK in HCMC"...it took them 3 weeks since Valentine's Day)

DON'T buy any plane tix for her until you have the visa in hand..if you have/want to, reserved the seat but don't pay for it until you know for sure. There are lots of ticketing places in Saigon that can look up one-way tix for you fast..just ask around.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Unless you are loaded with $ and dont mind losing $... Dont buy her a ticket... There is no guranteee that she will get pink let along a visa within a reasonable period of time... I was thinking much like you are now and we ended up in AP for 8 months... dont buy a ticket until the visa is in hand... Bernie bought his wifes ticket when they got pink.. then they had to wait almost a month to get the actual visa... the list of times when people made bad decisions before the pink goes on and on...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It usually takes a week or two to get the visa. Whatever you do, do not purchase airplane tickets until you have the actual visa in hand.

One more thing. I would recommend that you purchase a round-trip ticket for your fiance as well. It's not a big deal but JUST in case something happens at immigration and she is not allowed in, she has the ability to go back. You can always notify the airline after the fact that she won't be going back.

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.