jswalker86

tip for chest x-ray...

56 posts in this topic

Let's not confuse correlation with causation. It is a common misperception in the Philippines that drinking pasteurized milk will give you a clean chest x-ray. There is no science-based literature which supports that idea.

Funny thing is, my wife has heard of this. I guess it is one of their supersitions or beliefs....She was told to drink sterilized milk before doing her medical for japan and korea....but she didnt drink any before her medical for her visa here.

If someone did indeed have a scar and then drank the milk, I would like to see it help. Maybe this goes to show that sometimes they "see" a scar and sometimes they don't.

I am with Tahoma, if it was this easy to fool, everyone would be doing a sputnum test. Cant fool that one for sure.....but if someone wants to drink the milk before the medical...it can't hurt.

I can see it now...there will be a post here soon about someone having to do the sputnum test after drinking milk before the medical. :rofl:

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

wow... 1/2 gallon...that is a lot of milk to drink at one time.

so this is from someone that had pneumonia not TB? Guess it wouldnt matter too much since they both can cause scars in lungs.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

358px-pneumonia_x-ray-179x300.jpg chest xrays; before and after drinking 1/2 gallon of milk

If this is the same person then why are the bony structures not the same shapes?

If this is two different people then it demonstrates nothing.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi. My wife recently just took her medical exam, and thank goodness she passed. And we think we owe it all to sterilized milk! you see, my wife had TB when she was younger (she underwent treatment and is totally fine), and it left a small scar on her left lung. We were so worried that she would have to do a sputum because of the scar. Her mother told us that if you drink milk, it will hide the scar. so my wife drank milk 2 times a day for about a week before our medical exam. and to our amazement, there was no scar on the x-ray!!!! it was incredible!!! so if anyone has the medical exam coming up and are worried about this....... maybe a glass of milk will help you :pop:

:thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

358px-pneumonia_x-ray-179x300.jpg chest xrays; before and after drinking 1/2 gallon of milk

In case anyone dosn't know it already this was a joke :yes:

I just pulled it off of google images.

I don't know if it is the same person or not.

As far as the boney structure not looking the same, there are multiple variables that can affect the look.

A portable done sitting in a bed puts the film behind the patient, a standing picture would be done with the

film in front of the patient (xray tube behind the patient). The film could be placed crosswise or lengthwise

and that affects how things are percieved. When you fill one lung with liquid or mucus the pressure pushes the heart

and other structures over towards the other lung. The bottom picture is darker to help penetrate what is probably

pneumonia.

You can cover up scar tissue with mucus, but then it's going to look like the lung next to the letter B. and the

doctor is going to put your butt in the hospital

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can see it now...there will be a post here soon about someone having to do the sputnum test after drinking milk before the medical. :rofl:

And...here I come! :rofl:

I had 2 tetra packs of sterilized milk few hours before medical and it didn't work at all.

Still had to do the dreaded sputum test. Ugh! :bonk:

Timeline
In case anyone dosn't know it already this was a joke :yes:

I just pulled it off of google images.

I doubt topics like this one are the proper place for a bit of joking.

There is already enough mis-information floating around in the Philippines regarding US Immigration, isn't there?

Besides, even if I knew of a foolproof way to hide evidence of TB from the medical screener why would I share that and possibly help a lot of people with active TB enter the US?

My step-mom had to endure the TB treatment when she immigrated from South Korea 30 years ago. It was for our safety. Why should it be any different today?

Timeline

Mucous is many times less dense that scar tissue so it cannot mask scar tissue in x-rays.

This was your contribution to the mis-information, The mucus in picture b is actually masking bone.

It dosnt make the xray look normal or passable, but mucous can mask scar tissue

Timeline
This was your contribution to the mis-information, The mucus in picture b is actually masking bone.

It dosnt make the xray look normal or passable, but mucous can mask scar tissue

Okay, sure, whatever... I'm the one who placed useless x-ray comparison pics in a thread asking how to trick the TB X-ray exam.

My point stands.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.