multi

wearing skinny jeans and formal blouse for US embassy interview

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there! we are still waiting for our NOA2 and its now close to 5months this feb 22 2010 and not hearing any new from them. so while waiting for it i wanna be prepared,besides gathering some papers like NBI and CENOMAR,sometHing really bothered me about what to wear during the interview,it will be coming in the near future,i hope.

Ive always read that you should be wearing a formal casual attire,and mostly they are wearing a business attire during interview,the important is you look a bit conservative and formal,and also comfortable. Here is what bothers me,i am not comfortable wearing business attire because i have never been wearing that since before,i dont know if i can carry it,so here is what i think is that i will wear a skinny jeans with a formal blouse on top and a black high heel shoe,or a whole dress below the knee with high heel shoe. it really bother me,i wanna be comfortable during the interview,but I am afraid if they will drag me out if i am not wearing a business attire look. :( we are under K1 visa

hope you can give me some answers if its ok to wear skinny jeans during the interview,since i have never been into US embassy,i did not see if all of them are wearing business attire look..

multi :)

f690746bde92a5f8de43878535e2992e.jpgan1cHsWHg3D0010MjAwMTlqfDI4OTc3N2phfHNpbmNlIG91ciBOT0Ex.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi there! we are still waiting for our NOA2 and its now close to 5months this feb 22 2010 and not hearing any new from them. so while waiting for it i wanna be prepared,besides gathering some papers like NBI and CENOMAR,sometHing really bothered me about what to wear during the interview,it will be coming in the near future,i hope.

Ive always read that you should be wearing a formal casual attire,and mostly they are wearing a business attire during interview,the important is you look a bit conservative and formal,and also comfortable. Here is what bothers me,i am not comfortable wearing business attire because i have never been wearing that since before,i dont know if i can carry it,so here is what i think is that i will wear a skinny jeans with a formal blouse on top and a black high heel shoe,or a whole dress below the knee with high heel shoe. it really bother me,i wanna be comfortable during the interview,but I am afraid if they will drag me out if i am not wearing a business attire look. :( we are under K1 visa

hope you can give me some answers if its ok to wear skinny jeans during the interview,since i have never been into US embassy,i did not see if all of them are wearing business attire look..

hi, multi. yes you could wear a skinny jeans but bear in mind that it is an interview and they do judge all, so if you were to do the jeans

make sure you wear a formal top, maybe a blazer with a little t shirt underneath. i understand the need to want to feel comfortable, and you

can still be comfortable with out going over board, it's not necessary to wear a business suit. just try to look as classy as possible.

and good luck, hope you hear something soon about your NOA2 :)

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-03-17

I-130 Sent : 2009-12-21

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 RFE : 2010,11,06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2010,12,15

I-130 Approved : 2010-03-09

Interview Date : 2011-02-17 Submit Review

life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!♥♥♥

if god is for you who can be against you.

blue slipped!!

-- Second Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):

28/3/2011...APPROVED!!!!APPROVED, APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

If your jeans are too tight, I would go with the dress. If the jeans are well fitted to you, I think it will work just fine. Also, the main thing they are evaluating at the interview is the validity of the relationship, not how you look. Just wearing an outfit that shows respect and the seriousness of the situation is what you are going for, not "business attire".

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Timeline

I would wear what be country appropriate for a job interview. But, overall, make sure your appearance is clean, neat, and well groomed. Avoid perfume, cologne, or any other scented products. Use minimal make-up. What you wear shows respect for both the interviewer, and the interviewee. First impressions are hard to overlook.

If you're an attractive lady, skinny jeans may HELP you get your visa. But, if the woman doing your interview is less attractive than you.... prepare to reap the whirlwind!

Like a wedding, you can't be more attractive than the bride.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Hard to tell unless we get pics and see then we can help.whistling.gif

Exactly!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

hi, multi. yes you could wear a skinny jeans but bear in mind that it is an interview and they do judge all, so if you were to do the jeans

make sure you wear a formal top, maybe a blazer with a little t shirt underneath. i understand the need to want to feel comfortable, and you

can still be comfortable with out going over board, it's not necessary to wear a business suit. just try to look as classy as possible.

and good luck, hope you hear something soon about your NOA2 :)

hello vett :) yeah i would wear formal on top,thanks for this sincere reply.it really help a lot :)

f690746bde92a5f8de43878535e2992e.jpgan1cHsWHg3D0010MjAwMTlqfDI4OTc3N2phfHNpbmNlIG91ciBOT0Ex.gif

Timeline

If your jeans are too tight, I would go with the dress. If the jeans are well fitted to you, I think it will work just fine. Also, the main thing they are evaluating at the interview is the validity of the relationship, not how you look. Just wearing an outfit that shows respect and the seriousness of the situation is what you are going for, not "business attire".

Saludos,

Caro

yeah i agree with you,thanks and oh btw your baby boy is very cute! :)

Timeline

I would wear what be country appropriate for a job interview. But, overall, make sure your appearance is clean, neat, and well groomed. Avoid perfume, cologne, or any other scented products. Use minimal make-up. What you wear shows respect for both the interviewer, and the interviewee. First impressions are hard to overlook.

neat and clean appearance I can assure to that,and yes i will apply this during the interview. thank you somuch :)

Timeline

If you're an attractive lady, skinny jeans may HELP you get your visa. But, if the woman doing your interview is less attractive than you.... prepare to reap the whirlwind!

Like a wedding, you can't be more attractive than the bride.

LMAO yeah I thought that also lol,I would make sure am not too over dressed,skinny jeans and a formal on top with just powder and blush on neat and clean well groomed look will work ") ofcourse a smile :)

Timeline

I don't think what you wear will have any bearing on whether you get the visa. JMHO. That is, of course, unless you are naked.

hahaha,yeah. but i feel better now that i know skinny jeans were ok,so i will be more comfortable during the interview :)

My wife (beneficiary) wore skinny jeans, a sweater and a jacket (due to the cold air in Bogota) and was approved (with me standing beside her). Wear what is comfortable and go to your interview prepared. Good luck!

-Ken

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Dress to Impress. :lol:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony