John*&*his*GG

K1 Payment

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can someone please explain to me what I need to pay and when I need to pay it for the K1? I'm trying to search for the answer but I'm not finding anything real clear.

I will be filing to Jordan or Philippines but most likely Jordan.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filing fee is $340. And you enclose the payment when you mail the application.

K1 Visa -

AOS Timeline
AUG 24 2011 > K1 Visa POE San Francisco CA (Finally
OCT 06 2011 > Got Married in Redwood City CA (Ehem!)

NOV 14 2011 > SUBMITTED I-1485, I-765 & I-131 Application via USPS to Chicago Lockbox
NOV 18 2011 > Received text and email (I-797 Notice of action was sent via mail)
NOV 26 2011 > Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for DECEMBER 13...
DEC 13 2011 > BIOMETRICS DONE
JAN 07 2011 > Received INTERVIEW Notice for FEB 1st!
JAN 14 2012 > EAD RECEIVED
FEB 01 2012 > INTERVIEW DONE we got APPROVED for conditional GREENCARD yESSSS!!!

I-751 Removal of Condition Journey
DEC 27 2013 > Sent I-751 packet Laguna Niguel Office, CSC
JAN 2 2014 > Packet sent back because of wrong filing fee (wrote $585 instead of $590)
JAN 2 2014 > Re-sent I-751 packet with the correct filing fee this time
JAN 6 2014 > They have received my packet

JAN 9 2014 > Check enchashed

JAN 12 2014> Received Biometrics Appointment

JAN 31 2014> Biometrics done!

April 30 2014> GC Approved

May 4 2014> Letter received Card in production

May 7 2014> Received 10 yr GC! WEEEEEE!!! THANK GOD!

Watch our cute wedding video!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Petition filing fee is $340 and you enclose payment when you mail the petition. The K1 visa application fee is $350 and you will pay that abroad in local currency according to Consulate instructions that vary by country.

Pretty please, stop calling petitions, applications. Petitions are not applications for anything.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Ok thank you I was confuse if we pay that with the application or take it to the interview.

Is that the only thing we will need to pay for? I know the medical she won't have to pay for because she works at one of the hospitals that gives them for the visa.

Timeline

Petition filing fee is $340 and you enclose payment when you mail the petition. The K1 visa application fee is $350 and you will pay that abroad in local currency according to Consulate instructions that vary by country.

Pretty please, stop calling petitions, applications. Petitions are not applications for anything.

So we will pay twice then?

Timeline

That is correct. $350 is paid at the interview.

As far as the interview is concerned is it flexible with date? Do we schedule when we can once we are given the ok? Or will they give us a date and they say be there or else?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Where is your consulate? We booked an appt at the montreal Canada consulate and if you are applying for a k-1 visa they allowed you to pick your date, we had about 3 different months/days to choose from. But keep in mind they only process certain visas on certain days. So check your consulate website and see if they have specific days they process them. best of luck :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Some consulates/embassies schedule for you others let you pick a date. Your approval has a 4 month window of validity so you need to interview within that window. If there is no appointment available then you must request an extension in consulates where you self schedule and consulates that schedule for you will handle the extension themselves if they put you past the date. Also there are fees for police reports and medical clearance.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Where is your consulate? So check your consulate website

How do I find this info? Ours will most likely be Jordan. She is currently in Jordan but she might use Philippines. So either Jordan or Philippines but most likely Jordan since she has been there over a year and half.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So we will pay twice then?

This is a handy reference:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

It show the ball park cost of the K-1 route all tolled with AOS

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.