John*&*his*GG

K1 Payment

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The petition fee and the application fee are different fees. You aren't paying " twice " your paying two separate fees.

She will be paying for passport photos she needs and police certificates from the places shes lived in as well as long form birth certificate if she doesn't have one.

You need to find out what embassy she is interviewing at there are instructions on the website as to applications for K-1 visas.

Looks like you need to do some more research and figure out where you want to interview before sending the I-129F petition so you have your ducks in a row.

( don't forget the 1070$ AOS fee after she enters the USA and you get married. )

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You pay one fee for the filing and processing of the I129f petition . Then at the embassy you pay another fee for the interview/issuance of the visa. You are not paying twice, it is 2 separate but similar things. Like the hospital bill and the doctor bill while you are there.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

How long after we get married do we have to pay this?

As soon as possible. Preferably before the 90 days to marry are gone. After the 90 days she is out of status.

If she does not apply soon after marriage she cannot leave the USA and cannot work until she applies for AOS EAD and AP and has the EAD and AP, or green card in hand.

Then 2 years after the green card you have to apply for Removal of conditions which is another big chunk of change.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As soon as possible. Preferably before the 90 days to marry are gone. After the 90 days she is out of status.

If she does not apply soon after marriage she cannot leave the USA and cannot work until she applies for AOS EAD and AP and has the EAD and AP, or green card in hand.

Then 2 years after the green card you have to apply for Removal of conditions which is another big chunk of change.

Ok but if we don't have the 1000 by the 90 days she isn't going to be kicked out of the country or anything. She just can't work?

Timeline

Ok but if we don't have the 1000 by the 90 days she isn't going to be kicked out of the country or anything. She just can't work?

Cant say no and cant say yes. Being out of status can cause problems if the situation arises of her being asked for her status when she has none.

Hopefully you don't live near a border town or any place that sets up check-points.

Just file as soon as you can.

I am really glad I read this thread. i was not aware of the payment at the embassy.

1/28/11 Sent package to Texas
2/03/11 NOA1 received and file is at the Vermont Center.Case number assigned.
6/10/11 NOA2 received.Approved!!!
6/13/11 Hard copy of NOA2 received.
6/28/11 NVC case number received. Case sent to Paris.
7/18/2011 Packet 3 sent out
7/20/11 Packet 3 returned by certified mail
8/31/11 Interview (Approved with two pieces of paper needed)
9/29/11 Visa received.
10/03/11 POE Cincinnati (Thanks to Delta now Atlanta) 5 hours to pick her up is worth it.
10/15/11 Married
10/21/11 AOS documents filed
11/25/11 Biometrics appointment
11/18/11 transferred to CSC
12/24/11 EAD and Advance Parole combo card arrived.
03/13/12 Green card notice received. Welcome to the US. Take a deep breath for a few moments.
03/14/12 Green card received

07/14/2014 Packet for Removing conditions sent

02/10/14 Biometrics in Louisville KY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We filed our 129F or K1 last sept.15,2010 and its cost my petitioner $455 for the processing fee and think there is another $355 during the interview thats all I know for now..so keep on reading some discussions here so have more knowledge about my journey..

Goodluck to us..

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You pay one fee for the filing and processing of the I129f petition . Then at the embassy you pay another fee for the interview/issuance of the visa. You are not paying twice, it is 2 separate but similar things. Like the hospital bill and the doctor bill while you are there.

The second fee is a visa application fee. You pay it before the interview and whether or not the visa is issued. It is an "application fee" and should be called by its correct name.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

correct or not when someone is confusing the fee for the I129f and the embassy fee it helps to use language the person may grasp better.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

correct or not when someone is confusing the fee for the I129f and the embassy fee it helps to use language the person may grasp better.

So call them what they are, a petition filing fee and a visa application fee. A lot of this confusion stems from interchanging the terms petition and application. If all the members would stop calling petitions, applications, a lot of this confusion would go away.

Of course, if folks would read the guides and study the process, they would figure a lot of this out for themselves. good.gif

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is a handy reference:

http://www.visajourn...content/compare

It show the ball park cost of the K-1 route all tolled with AOS

Not sure if there is a difference but my fee was $455.00 to the USCIS for the 129F (K1). This was in November 2010

Wally & Malena

Our TimeLine

08/04/2010 In Love and starting the process

10/21/2010 My first trip to Brazil, Wonderful time

11/15/2010 Sent application for K1

11/22/2010 Application received Vermont Service Center

11/24/2010 Back on a plane to Brazil. Just cannot stay away for too long

12/01/2010 Recieved NOA1 The countdown begins

12/30/2010 Back on a plane to Brazil--Spending New Years Eve with my baby :)

05/09/2011 Received NOA2

05/12/2011 NOA2 Hardcopy received

05/17/2011 NVC Received file

05/19/2011 Consulate Received

06/14/2011 Interview-----APPROVED

06/22/2011 POE Aruba, on the way to Washington DC

as1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA.gif

http://www.ticker.7910.org/dtas1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a10e4154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Go check the USCIS Site.

"Filing Fee :

$340. (There is no fee for petitions for K-3 status based on an immigrant petition filed by the same U.S. citizen.)"

If you go to Guide section on the top of this site, you can find more good helpful info.

Goooooooooooooood Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So call them what they are, a petition filing fee and a visa application fee. A lot of this confusion stems from interchanging the terms petition and application. If all the members would stop calling petitions, applications, a lot of this confusion would go away.

Of course, if folks would read the guides and study the process, they would figure a lot of this out for themselves. good.gif

True we can find some of it. I did read and I found the 340 $ fee. However if these guides and process would talk to us like we are clueless (which I'll gladly admit I am) then we wouldn't be here in the first place. I looked through the process and the sites and couldn't anything at all about an interview fee just a processing fee. Even the process fee they don't give the best explanation of when and where it gets turn. I dunno maybe I need "K1 Visa for Dummies"........is there a such book?

Timeline

True we can find some of it. I did read and I found the 340 $ fee. However if these guides and process would talk to us like we are clueless (which I'll gladly admit I am) then we wouldn't be here in the first place. I looked through the process and the sites and couldn't anything at all about an interview fee just a processing fee. Even the process fee they don't give the best explanation of when and where it gets turn. I dunno maybe I need "K1 Visa for Dummies"........is there a such book?

[/q

One thing you missed in reading the guides is that USCIS is only the first of two government agencies involved in the visa process. USCIS doesn't issue visas. Consulate's do and they are part of the Dept. of State. You need to read the visa application instructions at the applicable Consulate's website in addition to the petition filing instructions.

That's why it's so important to understand that the US Citizen's petition for a fiancee is NOT a visa application.

Again, there is no "interview fee" and there is no "processing fee". There is a petition filing fee and a visa application fee. When people call them what they are, others can understand what they are.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.