4ever mine

2011 Poverty Guidelines Updated

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please excuse my post if there is an existing one that I am not aware, but the new poverty guidelines are updated as of Jan.26. 2011.

Check them out! it appears to have gone up about 375 per family unit size...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

:unsure::bonk:

Please excuse my post if there is an existing one that I am not aware, but the new poverty guidelines are updated as of Jan.26. 2011.

Check them out! it appears to have gone up about 375 per family unit size...

http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

:unsure::bonk:

Thanks for posting this! I didn't know they updated. Doesn't look like the household size of two changed by much.

Timeline

Thanks for posting this! I didn't know they updated. Doesn't look like the household size of two changed by much.

You're right. According to the old guidelines for my family size including my husband, I estimated the increase by $375. If you were borderline yesterday, it will hurt you. I thought the increase would not be by 375 but only by a few dollars. But when i submitted my affidavit of support, I calculated in my head that it would go up not more than 500. I hope that these new guidelines will not hurt our VJ members.

I pray that your process is successful.

You're right. According to the old guidelines for my family size including my husband, I estimated the increase by $375. If you were borderline yesterday, it will hurt you. I thought the increase would not be by 375 but only by a few dollars. But when i submitted my affidavit of support, I calculated in my head that it would go up not more than 500. I hope that these new guidelines will not hurt our VJ members.

I pray that your process is successful.

Well, as long as they look at current income, cause my husband got a new job a few months ago where he's earning $40k/year. At his old job though, he was making only just above the line. And he won't have filed his 2010 taxes for his current job before we file our affidavit of support.

Timeline

Well, as long as they look at current income, cause my husband got a new job a few months ago where he's earning $40k/year. At his old job though, he was making only just above the line. And he won't have filed his 2010 taxes for his current job before we file our affidavit of support.

If I may suggest that you have an employment verification letter sent as proof of his current employment. Here is what I sent, but it may not meet your needs.

Department of State

National Visa Center

32 Rochester Avenue

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

Case#:CSBXXXXXXX

Invoice I.D. Number: XXXXXX

RE: Employment verification

To whom it may concern:

___________has been employed as a permanent full-time employee with XYZ since September X, XXXX as a )Position Title), and is an employee in good standing. Her/his compensation package is as follows:

Starting Annual Gross Salary of $00,000.00

Starting Biweekly Gross Pay is $00,000.00

Starting Hourly Rate: $00,000.00

2010 Merit Increase of 2% as of 11.08.2010???? If any????

2010 Annual Merit Increase amount of $00,000.00

2010 Merit Increase Biweekly: $00,000.00

2010 Merit Increase Hourly Rate: $00,000.00

2011 Projected Annual Income of $00,000.00 Your employer may not list this,but you can try.

As an XYZ employee; __________ has Health, Dental, and Vision benefits for herself/ himself and all eligible family dependents. She may add her/ him husband to her/him health plan benefits upon his entry into the United States once she/he can validate a lifestyle change in her/his family composition according to all Federal and State laws.

Should you have any further questions, please contact me at ?.

Sincerely,

Sr. Vice President/ Human Resources Manager or supervisor

If I may suggest that you have an employment verification letter sent as proof of his current employment. Here is what I sent, but it may not meet your needs.

Oh yeah, my husband will definitely be including an employment letter with the I-864 and all his pay stubs to show that he is making well over the line.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Agreed thanks for this. :)

Timeline

Agreed thanks for this. :)

You're welcome. I only checked because my husband has his interview at the embassy on Feb 3rd and I was revising my I-864 so he can have a new one since I just filed my taxes on Jan 17th and wanted to make sure I knew what they were in case we had to dispute this at the time of his interview.

Timeline
You're welcome. I only checked because my husband has his interview at the embassy on Feb 3rd and I was revising my I-864 so he can have a new one since I just filed my taxes on Jan 17th and wanted to make sure I knew what they were in case we had to dispute this at the time of his interview.

Out of interest I happened to have the "extra person" info for the previous year. For 2010 each additional household member added $4,675 to the previous household size. This year it's $4775 per extra person so that's an increase of $100 per household member, so the starting income went up by $75.

So it used to be $18,212 for 2 people, add the $75 increase from the starting income, then another $100 increase for the extra household member. Based on that formula you said yours is up by $375 so that tells me you have a household size of 4.

Timeline

Out of interest I happened to have the "extra person" info for the previous year. For 2010 each additional household member added $4,675 to the previous household size. This year it's $4775 per extra person so that's an increase of $100 per household member, so the starting income went up by $75.

So it used to be $18,212 for 2 people, add the $75 increase from the starting income, then another $100 increase for the extra household member. Based on that formula you said yours is up by $375 so that tells me you have a household size of 4.

Yes you are correct, but I did not completely calculate this formula. I just substracted the differences.

Timeline
Yes you are correct, but I did not completely calculate this formula. I just substracted the differences.

oh no I'm not saying you did :) Just my way of telling people that while is appears to be a relatively small change, the change is $100 per household member so that's a decent difference if you have many people in your household size. Tony and I are only 2 so we're just $175 difference, but you are 4 so that's $375 and I've read of 7 ($675) and ever 8 ($775) household members so that increase is much more substantial sounding.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My computer only seems to upload the 2010 guidelines. It worked fine when I posted in this topic however long ago. Anyone else getting the same results? I've cleared my cache and done a hard refresh but still only see 2010 guidelines.. wth?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.